Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Lifetime Diamond - Experiences, Questions, Is It Worth It?" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 16, 2014, 2:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Lifetime Diamond Status with HHonors is now reality. ^

More recent information posted by Lauren (Hilton Honors Representative) reflects changes in the Honors Lifetime Diamond qualifying criteria:

Originally Posted by HonorsRepresentative
Hi all,

A few months ago, we received some great feedback in the Q&A thread with our VP of Hilton HHonors, Aaron Glick. While the team explores a number of initiatives, one area that we could change quickly was our Lifetime Diamond qualifications. As of January 2017, we will grant Lifetime Diamond to all members who have met the following criteria:

• Members who have maintained Diamond status for at least 10 years (years do not need to be consecutive)

AND

• Have stayed at least 1,000 nights - either paid or reward (as you may know, only paid nights were eligible before)

OR

• Have accumulated 2 million Base Points since joining the Hilton HHonors program (this is a new feature to enable more members to enjoy Lifetime Diamond status; also as a reminder, only Base Points are eligible...Bonus Points earned via promotions, co-brand credit cards, or other means do not count towards status)

So now, there will be essentially two ways you can qualify for Lifetime Diamond:
1. 10 years at Diamond with Hilton HHonors + 1,000 nights (including paid and reward)
2. 10 years at Diamond + 2 million cumulative Base Points

An email notification will go out in February to members who have qualified for Lifetime Diamond as of December 31, 2016. If you want a sneak peek to find out if you will qualify, you can contact the Diamond Desk and the team will be happy to help.

Please reach out with any questions or comments, and I’ll be sure to share them directly with Aaron and team.

Thank you!
Lauren
Previous:

Details for the first inductees were announced on the 11th Feb. 2015. Erin (HHonors Rep here on FT) posted the announcement shortly before the emails were sent out to members on the same day.

Originally Posted by HHonorsRepresentative
Hi all,

Thanks for your patience as I gathered more details on our Lifetime Diamond rollout. As we’re in the New Year, I have some additional details to share with you.

Initially, Lifetime Diamond Status will go to a select group of members who met all of the following criteria as of December 31, 2014:
  • Have maintained Diamond Status for at least 10 years (consecutive or concurrent) and
  • Completed paid stays totaling at least 1,000 nights
Members that met this criteria as of December 31, 2014 will be notified via email and receive their Lifetime Diamond Status in the mail at the physical address on their account at the end of February. Members that meet Lifetime Diamond Status criteria in the middle of the year will receive Lifetime Diamond Status at the beginning of the following year.

Please note that we are in early stages of this benefit, which means that elements of this offering may evolve and may change over time. As I hear of any updates, I will be sure to share those here.

As always, your input is truly valued and we welcome your thoughts and feedback during this launch period. We’re here and listening!

Thanks,
Erin
[B]Initially, Lifetime Diamond Status will go to a select group of members who met all of the following criteria as of December 31, 2014:

All paid stays count — not just the paid stays during the years a member is a Hilton HHonors diamond.

As more information becomes available it will be added here. Should you have any updates please post them in the thread or in this wiki to keep the most pertinent info quickly available to those interested.

For those interested, the development unfolded as follows:

Erin, the HHonors rep on FT posted the following on 16/12/2014: (after some eagle eyed attention by adambrock from an email sent out by Hilton and which he thankfully posted here on FT: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...tus-email.html Kudos to adambrock for noticing and sharing it with the community. ^)

HHonorsRepresentative (Erin) wrote in that thread:

In 2015, HHonors will begin introducing Lifetime Diamond Status! As you may know, we’re always looking for new ways to reward you and we take into consideration your feedback on ways to recognize our most loyal members. Over the past several years, we’ve heard from you that Lifetime Diamond Status is important to you and I’m thrilled to announce that we will be inviting some of our most tenured Diamond members into this status.

I’ll have more details for you in early 2015 and I understand our first Lifetime Diamond members will receive their invitations in the early part of 2015. At this time, this is all the information I have on Lifetime Diamond Status, but I will do my best to keep you all updated as I hear more!

levman wrote in a post on Jan 24:

The best source of info I've found is the email address [email protected]. It seems to be staffed with people dedicated to the Lifetime Diamond program.
Print Wikipost

Consolidated "Lifetime Diamond - Experiences, Questions, Is It Worth It?" thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2015, 8:34 am

Programs: AA Gold, UA Silver, HH Lifetime Diamond, Marr Lifetime Titanium, Avis Presidents
Just received my email from Hilton granting Lifetime Diamond :-)
Old Feb 11, 2015, 8:35 am

Originally Posted by Land-of-Miles
Surely these LT schemes are about incentivising qualifying forward stays not some spurious retrospective "reward" which may yield little value to the chain? By that measure this is something of a fail.
While the schemes now are essentially the same as a "current" elite member, I'm sure in time the LT benefits will be "enhanced uniquely" as the years go by.
Old Feb 11, 2015, 8:36 am

Programs: BAEC CCR, BAEC Lifetime GGL, Hilton Hhonors Lifetime Diamond
E-Mail notification just received and showing online too:

Hi Peter,

You've been one of our most valued and elite members for years, so let me be the first to say thank you. We're excited to let you know that you have achieved Lifetime Diamond status, which we are awarding to select members who have met the following criteria*:

Achieved at least 10 years of Diamond status over the course of membership.

Completed stays totaling at least 1,000 paid nights.

You will be receiving your Lifetime Diamond membership card in the mail in the coming months. Please visit your member profile by February 15th to ensure your mailing address is up to date.

Thank you again for your commitment to Hilton HHonors™ and we hope you'll enjoy your future travels with us as a Lifetime Diamond member.

Warm regards,
Mark Weinstein
Global Head Loyalty & Partnerships
Old Feb 11, 2015, 8:40 am

Location: DFW from PDX - UA 1K 2MM,Lifetime HHonnors Diamond, Bonvoy AMB/LT Tit, National Exec Elite, Hertz PC
Received an Email too..

Got the lifetime diamond email this morning. Wow. Very Cool.

One thing I did notice early on was when I looked at my Online card it did not have an expiration date in January . Don't know if it ever did, however.

Thanks Hilton!
Old Feb 11, 2015, 8:49 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; BA GGL; Virgin Gold; United Silver; Hilton Dia; IHG Spire; Marriott Tit; Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Miesque
While I am not quite the whipper snapper you are (turned 43 today), I still have quite a few years before I retire which is when lifetime status is at least theoretically most useful. I can certainly see those who have earned Diamond for 10 years with nights in bed and are still short. 60 X 10 = 600 so unless you average 100 nights per year (which is a LOT and I salute those who do and even more every year).

I guess it all depends on how much Lifetime status means to you. I mean Hilton never had it before and while long term members grumbled an awful lot have still stuck with the program. For me it would be a nice feather in the cap, but I am staying enough nights to be Diamond and will for the foreseeable future.
+1 and Happy Birthday!
Old Feb 11, 2015, 8:57 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond
I'd love to hear from Erin, if possible, why base points ($s spent) wasn't a consideration? 100 nights a year at $200 a night ( avg?) is $20k. There are people out there (guess what, like me ) who spend $15k at the Conrad Maldives every year for the last 6 years. If I add to that my 20 nights a year at European destinations (far more expensive than the US average , let's assume $350 a night) , puts me at about $22k per year. I get that nights in a bed is a real descriptor of loyalty, but surely spend is interesting too? There are plenty of other hotels in the Maldives I could spend my money with.
Old Feb 11, 2015, 9:05 am

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.4.2; en-us; LGL31L/V100 Build/KOT49I.L31L10d) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Chrome/30.0.1599.103 Mobile Safari/537.36)

Originally Posted by pr0digy25
Originally Posted by Land-of-Miles
Surely these LT schemes are about incentivising qualifying forward stays not some spurious retrospective "reward" which may yield little value to the chain? By that measure this is something of a fail.
While the schemes now are essentially the same as a "current" elite member, I'm sure in time the LT benefits will be "enhanced uniquely" as the years go by.
Yes correct. The next enhancement will be a level above Diamond.
Old Feb 11, 2015, 9:16 am

Location: CA; Husband AA Lifetime Plat/7 MM; HH Lifetime Diamond
My husband also received his lifetime diamond email this morning. FWIW, he probably has roughly double the nights required to qualify.
Old Feb 11, 2015, 9:17 am

Programs: AA PLT/1.83 MM, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Hertz Prez
I just rec'd the email today:
You've been one of our most valued and elite members for years, so let me be the first to say thank you. We're excited to let you know that you have achieved Lifetime Diamond status, which we are awarding to select members who have met the following criteria*:

• Achieved at least 10 years of Diamond status over the course of membership.

• Completed stays totaling at least 1,000 paid nights.

You will be receiving your Lifetime Diamond membership card in the mail in the coming months. Please visit your member profile by February 15th to ensure your mailing address is up to date.
regs,

.al.
Old Feb 11, 2015, 9:21 am

I think the requirements are fine...they prevent any gaming by mattress-hopping or any other means. Longevity as a Diamond and number of BIB nights are the correct metrics IMO.
Old Feb 11, 2015, 9:22 am

Programs: DL DM - AA 1.6MM UA 1.2MM - Recovering UA UGS and AA CK - Hilton LTD, Marriott LTP, SPG LTP
Just received my "You have achieved Lifetime Diamond status" email. I was wondering if this was in the works as they gave me DIA status good for 3 years in 2014 even though I only stayed enough for Gold during 2013.

Now looks like I have the trifecta - Lifetime Platinum with Starwood, Lifetime Platinum with Marriott and now Lifetime Diamond.
Old Feb 11, 2015, 9:23 am

Location: CA; Husband AA Lifetime Plat/7 MM; HH Lifetime Diamond
Just received DH's lifetime diamond notification. The E-mail content:

ENJOY DIAMOND BENEFITS
FOR A LIFETIME

Hi <NAME>,

• Achieved at least 10 years of Diamond status over the course of membership.
• Completed stays totaling at least 1,000 paid nights.

Thank you again for your commitment to Hilton HHonors™ and we hope you'll enjoy your future travels with us as a Lifetime Diamond member.
He's got ~15 years at 150-200 nights per, so he's somewhere between double and triple the 1,000-night requirement.
Old Feb 11, 2015, 10:01 am

Programs: Marriott & SPG Plat, HH Diamond, Accor Plat, ex-Fairmont Plat, ex-Swissotel Eleva
Originally Posted by HHonorsRepresentative

Initially, Lifetime Diamond Status will go to a select group of members who met all of the following criteria as of December 31, 2014:
  • Have maintained Diamond Status for at least 10 years (consecutive or concurrent) and
  • Completed paid stays totaling at least 1,000 nights

Thanks,
Erin
Dear Erin,

May I check if Award Nights using Points and Rooms redeemed with Points and Money count towards the 1000 nights for Lifetime Diamond Status requirement?
Old Feb 11, 2015, 10:02 am

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, UA Gold, HH Lifetime DIA, WoH Globalist
Got it! As a Diamond member since the introduction of the Diamond tier for the last 22 consecutive years, this is a welcome reward. Kudos to Hilton for getting this one right.
Old Feb 11, 2015, 10:14 am

Programs: Pre✓, Delta DM, Hilton LT Diamond, Mariott Plat, PC Gold, National EE, Hertz PC
Got my Lifetime Diamond member email today. ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.