Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2019] Hilton London Bankside {GBR}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2019] Hilton London Bankside {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2019, 7:42 am

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
At Bankside this weekend, first timer. Given the praise I have been wanting to check it out. A solid hotel, and much fawning at check in as a Diamond, with more importantly an unsolicited upgrade to a full one bedroom suite. I am going to be in/out of London Bridge station a couple of times so the location works this time around.

Later this week i am going to check out the Syon Park property, another first.
Old May 19, 2019, 11:27 am

Programs: hhonors diamond
Originally Posted by pauleeepaul
At Bankside this weekend, first timer. Given the praise I have been wanting to check it out. A solid hotel, and much fawning at check in as a Diamond, with more importantly an unsolicited upgrade to a full one bedroom suite. I am going to be in/out of London Bridge station a couple of times so the location works this time around.

Later this week i am going to check out the Syon Park property, another first.
I liked syon park...... great suite upgrade set in nice parkland, if the weather is nice and you have time take a walk down to the little pub by the Thames, very picturesque, almost feels like the English countryside rather than London.
Old May 20, 2019, 7:53 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
I gotta say I loved my stay. Upgraded from twin basic to twin deluxe room, welcome letter and popcorn ready. Turndown service was done too. Breakfast is very good and very attentive and proactive, smiling staff. Will stay again.

Twin deluxe room
Old Jun 16, 2019, 10:07 am

Hello all! I have a question, my husband and I will be staying here again in a couple of weeks.

Friends (Husband and wife with 9 year old, smart as a whip, very well behaved son) of ours are coming from Liverpool to join us on the weekend. We originally booked rooms at a different hotel for the weekend as Bankside would be too pricey. Now the rates are better and I can use points for one of the rooms.

Everything would be under my name and on my account. As a Diamond, would we all receive executive lounge access? I’ve not booked two rooms at a time before. I searched a bit, but thought it would be best to ask my Bankside regulars.

If not, no worries. Figured it was worth an ask.

Thank you you for your knowledge and time. I appreciate it.
Old Jun 16, 2019, 10:27 am

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
Re two rooms getting Diamond benefits I have never been denied chain wide, but do not have experience at this particular property.
Old Jun 16, 2019, 12:47 pm

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, UA Silver
Hi
Originally Posted by HardToConcentrate
Hello all! I have a question, my husband and I will be staying here again in a couple of weeks.

Friends (Husband and wife with 9 year old, smart as a whip, very well behaved son) of ours are coming from Liverpool to join us on the weekend. We originally booked rooms at a different hotel for the weekend as Bankside would be too pricey. Now the rates are better and I can use points for one of the rooms.

Everything would be under my name and on my account. As a Diamond, would we all receive executive lounge access? I’ve not booked two rooms at a time before. I searched a bit, but thought it would be best to ask my Bankside regulars.

i booked two rooms as Diamond two summers ago and the they gave me lounge access for the whole family (2 adults and 2 kids). After booking, I emailed the Bankside to ask if they’d extend lounge access to both rooms and they agreed to do so- if having the lounge matters to you, I’d suggest reaching out in advance.
Old Jun 16, 2019, 9:45 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club refugee: BA-Br; HH-D

Originally Posted by whimsey21
Hi

i booked two rooms as Diamond two summers ago and the they gave me lounge access for the whole family (2 adults and 2 kids). After booking, I emailed the Bankside to ask if they’d extend lounge access to both rooms and they agreed to do so- if having the lounge matters to you, I’d suggest reaching out in advance.
Just as another datapoint, I've had a few stays with 2 rooms booked in my name and had lounge access for occupants of both rooms granted without making any specific request for this. Admittedly these were a few years ago and obviously there is no guarantee. FWIW, if you were going to ask the hotel about this, it might be best to ask before making the booking.

Last edited by diamond club freeloader; Jun 17, 2019 at 9:37 am Reason: typo
Old Jun 17, 2019, 12:49 am

Programs: QFF LTG , HHD
Originally Posted by diamond club freeloader
Just as another datapoint, I've had a few stays with 2 rooms booked in my name and had long access for occupants of both rooms granted without making any specific request for this. Admittedly these were a few years ago and obviously there is no guarantee. FWIW, if you were going to ask the hotel about this, it might be best to ask before making the booking.
And another datapoint. I had a 12 night stay in May. Although there were only two of us at no point were we asked to identify ourselves on accessing the lounge for either breakfast or in the evening. We had not been there for over a year and we were not known to the essentially new staff.
Old Jul 18, 2019, 7:42 pm

Programs: Hertz PC, QF Plat, Velocity Gold, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
What is the policy of this hotel for gold members and the free breakfast. Full or continental ?

Also if you have an executive room can you eat breakfast in the restaurant?
Old Jul 18, 2019, 11:24 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver; AerClub Silver, Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by AndDee
What is the policy of this hotel for gold members and the free breakfast. Full or continental ?

Also if you have an executive room can you eat breakfast in the restaurant?
As a gold you will get full breakfast in the restaurant.
As a gold if you book an executive room you can choose the breakfast in the Lounge or in the restaurant.
Lounge at this hotel has a good offering overall but for breakfast I prefer the restaurant.
Old Jul 25, 2019, 9:21 am

Enjoyed this hotel very much.
On arrival, room wasnt ready ...problem with aircon programming apparently. Uh oh you think, but receptionist didnt hestitate to bundle me off to the bar with a drinks voucher. "Have what you want" V nice G&T from an enormous selection.
15 minutes later room was ready and aircon was pumping out brilliantly. Nice little welcome gift of a tote bag.

Suite room not enormous but very well designed and comfy. Exec lounge was busy but plenty of finger food. There was a waiter (guarding) the wine but actually more than helpful and happy to refill.

Am a gold but wasnt entirely sure of breakfast protocol but no issues and had the full restaurant breakfast which again, although busy was really really good.

The location might initially appear a bit of a deadspot but its only a couple of minutes to the Bankside area- there are lots of pubs and restaurants nearby but you might need a bit of google maps to find them all
Old Jul 25, 2019, 4:47 pm

Programs: Hhonors Diamond, IHG Platinum, BA Silver
Don't give them a chance to say no by asking, just use your key card to open the door and walk in confidently with them.
Old Aug 11, 2019, 3:44 pm

Programs: BAEC silver, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
First time stay here as a Gold. Had really good stays at Tower but given praise on here thought I should try Bankside. Sadly a bit disappointing and unlikely to return at the current price points. Booked a deluxe king as cheaper than standard guest room!? Not always so unusual I suppose. No upgrade shown in app so checked in at desk. Still no upgrade - fine a busy Saturday but no acknowledgement of no upgrades available either. Yes I could have asked but always nice to be proactively acknowledged. Basically service not at all welcoming at desk and bordering on rude. Should have checked in online to bypass, upgrade or not! Room and bathroom very nice but as expected for price. We had some good drinks and snacky food in bar with some excellent service. But disappointed again the next morning. Arrived 10.25 for breakfast (served until 11.00). Gruffly told they were closing in half hour. Not welcomed jor asked if we had joined for breakfast previously. Taken to a dirty table (!) which we were told was about to be cleaned for us. After a few mins sitting by someone else's dirty dishes we were told to go to buffet whilst waiting. On return dirty plates had been removed but table not laid. Took several minutes whilst food going cold to flag someone to bring us cutlery. No coffee service offered. Not good at all. Seems unlikely that I will return but do wonder if I was just unlucky?
Old Aug 11, 2019, 7:30 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by DrAJ
First time stay here as a Gold. Had really good stays at Tower but given praise on here thought I should try Bankside. Sadly a bit disappointing and unlikely to return at the current price points. Booked a deluxe king as cheaper than standard guest room!? Not always so unusual I suppose. No upgrade shown in app so checked in at desk. Still no upgrade - fine a busy Saturday but no acknowledgement of no upgrades available either. Yes I could have asked but always nice to be proactively acknowledged. Basically service not at all welcoming at desk and bordering on rude. Should have checked in online to bypass, upgrade or not! Room and bathroom very nice but as expected for price. We had some good drinks and snacky food in bar with some excellent service. But disappointed again the next morning. Arrived 10.25 for breakfast (served until 11.00). Gruffly told they were closing in half hour. Not welcomed jor asked if we had joined for breakfast previously. Taken to a dirty table (!) which we were told was about to be cleaned for us. After a few mins sitting by someone else's dirty dishes we were told to go to buffet whilst waiting. On return dirty plates had been removed but table not laid. Took several minutes whilst food going cold to flag someone to bring us cutlery. No coffee service offered. Not good at all. Seems unlikely that I will return but do wonder if I was just unlucky?
I feel you were unlucky. Have always had efficient welcoming service throughout the hotel. Particularly at Breakfast.
Old Aug 12, 2019, 4:37 am

Programs: hhonors diamond
Originally Posted by NoY
I feel you were unlucky. Have always had efficient welcoming service throughout the hotel. Particularly at Breakfast.
Yes me too, I found the same.......definitely unlucky.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.