Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Question on Double Up promo

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2014, 9:37 am

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Spire, Marriott Titanium, BA Silver, FB Explorer
Erin,
I stayed at a Conrad arriving Oct 31st and departing Nov 3rd. I then stayed at a Hilton arriving Nov 3rd and departing Nov 4th. Both hotels were not on the list of non-qualifying hotels. I understood that my Conrad stay would count as my 'first stay' in the terms of the promotion as some of the nights were after the promotion start date.

However now my second stay, at the Hilton, hasn't credited double points. I'm guessing that the 'system' hasn't recognised the Conrad stay at all as being my 'first stay' as I checked in before the start of the promotion. I think it should have recognised it.

Can you clarify whether I am understanding this correctly? I will then look to have the Hilton double points corrected.
Thanks.
Old Nov 5, 2014, 9:52 am
Company Representative - Honors by Hilton

Programs: Hilton Honors
Originally Posted by NorthOrSouth
Erin,
I stayed at a Conrad arriving Oct 31st and departing Nov 3rd. I then stayed at a Hilton arriving Nov 3rd and departing Nov 4th. Both hotels were not on the list of non-qualifying hotels. I understood that my Conrad stay would count as my 'first stay' in the terms of the promotion as some of the nights were after the promotion start date.

However now my second stay, at the Hilton, hasn't credited double points. I'm guessing that the 'system' hasn't recognised the Conrad stay at all as being my 'first stay' as I checked in before the start of the promotion. I think it should have recognised it.

Can you clarify whether I am understanding this correctly? I will then look to have the Hilton double points corrected.
Thanks.
Hi there,

Yes, you are correct!

All nights of an eligible stay completed during the Promotion Period (November 1 through January 31, 2015), regardless of a check-in date before the Promotion Period begins or a check-out date after the Promotion Period ends, will be counted.

Please allow 6-8 weeks from the completion of your stay for the Bonus Points to appear in your HHonors account.

Thanks!
Erin
Old Nov 17, 2014, 3:26 pm

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
I don't know if this has been posted but it looks as though your first stay has to be at a participating hotel, even though it doesn't credit any bonus points.

My first stay post-November 1st was at a non-participating hotel, but the second stay has only credited single points and I assume this must be the reason.

Not really a complaint: though it's a little harsh it is within the Ts & Cs (although it could have been made clearer), but it may be worth knowing for people who are choosing the first hotel to stay and who may think that if you're not getting the bonus points for that stay, it doesn't matter if the hotel is participating or not. (It does matter!)
Old Nov 17, 2014, 3:34 pm

Programs: QFF LTG , HHD
Originally Posted by Cymro
I don't know if this has been posted but it looks as though your first stay has to be at a participating hotel, even though it doesn't credit any bonus points.

My first stay post-November 1st was at a non-participating hotel, but the second stay has only credited single points and I assume this must be the reason.

Not really a complaint: though it's a little harsh it is within the Ts & Cs (although it could have been made clearer), but it may be worth knowing for people who are choosing the first hotel to stay and who may think that if you're not getting the bonus points for that stay, it doesn't matter if the hotel is participating or not. (It does matter!)
The question whether the first stay had to be at a participating hotel was answered in the affirmative. A close reading of the t and c's leads to the same conclusion. I agree it could have been more clearly stated and of course, no one, except we belt and braces people, ever read the terms and conditions and then only sometimes.
Old Nov 17, 2014, 4:03 pm

Programs: DL Silver, AS MVP, UA Silver, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, National Exec Elite
I also had my second qualifying stay post without the bonus points. Most (pretty much all) previous promos have posted along with the rest of the points for that given stay... are we really back to waiting 6-8 weeks for points to post on this one?

If so, will they post as a single line item for the entire promo, discrete line items for each stay, or within the previously posted points breakdown for a given stay?
Old Nov 17, 2014, 5:41 pm

Programs: Hilton credit card Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
I had an award stay followed immediately by two paid stays. All hotels were participating, and the bonus was credited correctly. The bonus posts as a discrete line item outside of the items for the stay (base points, bonus points, status bonus, etc.)

09 Nov 2014
HH4 CUSTOMERS CHOICE DOUBLE POINTS 2014 - Hilton Frankfurt Airport
1105 0

07 Nov 2014 - 08 Nov 2014 Hilton
Hilton Frankfurt Airport
4433 0 Book Again

07 Nov 2014
HH4 CUSTOMERS CHOICE DOUBLE POINTS 2014 - Millennium Hilton Bangkok
828 0

06 Nov 2014 - 07 Nov 2014 Hilton
Millennium Hilton Bangkok
1949 0 Book Again

01 Nov 2014 - 06 Nov 2014 DoubleTree by Hilton
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Johor Bahru
-20000 0 Book Again
Old Nov 18, 2014, 5:19 am

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Spire, Marriott Titanium, BA Silver, FB Explorer
Originally Posted by IsleOfMan
I also had my second qualifying stay post without the bonus points. Most (pretty much all) previous promos have posted along with the rest of the points for that given stay... are we really back to waiting 6-8 weeks for points to post on this one?
I also had my second qualifying stay post without the bonus points. I queried it as my first stay had started before the start date and I wasn't sure if that was why the second stay didn't show the bonus. I was told this second stay did qualify but it would take 6-8 weeks for the bonus to post.

I fully expect to have to contact Hilton 8 weeks after that second stay to get them to post the points manually...
Old Nov 18, 2014, 10:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
There was a promo around this time of year a couple of years ago, where one got 1000 points per night. I stayed early in the period, got nothing, called HHonors, was chided for trying to get points for an award stay (which the promo T&C's did not exclude), and given them as an oh-so-magnanimous "courtesy" (this once). It turned out that folks on paid stays weren't getting credit either; they hadn't "activated" the program fast enough, and weren't giving retroactive credit for the first few days, unless requested.
Old Nov 24, 2014, 1:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Bumping to add that my second, qualifying stay posted as of the date-of-stay, without the promo points. However, the points themselves appeared (two days later) as a separate line item with the "date" being the one the stay was posted to my account. So, don't expect necessarily to see the points post as a line item within the stay itself, as with most promos.
Old Nov 24, 2014, 2:53 pm

Posting of points for this promo is odd...past promos almost invariably post with other points related to the stay; this one posts separately a day or two later.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.