Question on Double Up promo

Old Oct 30, 2014, 6:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Life Plat 4mm, Hilton Diamond
Question on Double Up promo

I am staying at the Hilton ORD for one night 10/31 then downtown at ES Lakefront - 2 rooms/4nights around $2200 in billing. Since the promo starts on the second stay will the ORD stay count as my first stay since I am checking out Nov 1 (I hope, a decent amount of points at stake)?
Old Oct 30, 2014, 9:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
From the FAQs:
If I check-in before November 1, 2014 or check-out after January 31, 2015, do I still earn credit for that stay?
All nights of an eligible stay completed during the Promotion Period, regardless of a check-in date before the Promotion Period begins or a check-out date after the Promotion Period ends, will be counted for registered HHonors members. The first stay will count towards the promotion bonus, but is not eligible for the Double Up Bonus Points. The second stay will count toward the promotion bonus, and is eligible for the Double Up Bonus Points.
Old Oct 30, 2014, 10:43 am

Programs: DL Silver, AS MVP, UA Silver, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, National Exec Elite
Was it ever clarified if an award stay would count as the first stay? Or if a stay at an opt-out property would count as the first stay?
Old Oct 30, 2014, 11:12 am
Company Representative - Honors by Hilton

Programs: Hilton Honors
Originally Posted by IsleOfMan
Was it ever clarified if an award stay would count as the first stay? Or if a stay at an opt-out property would count as the first stay?
Hi there,

To answer your first question, a Reward Stay does qualify as the first stay.

I'm working on the opt-out question now!

Cheers,
Erin
Old Oct 30, 2014, 11:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by IsleOfMan
From the FAQs:
What is an eligible stay?
An eligible stay is defined in the HHonors Terms & Conditions under Accrual of Points number 3. Click here to read more
Will members earn Double Points for Reward Stays for this promotion?
Members will earn Double Points beginning on the second eligible stay, after registering, for incidental charges at participating hotels within the Hilton HHonors portfolio during a Reward Stay, provided such charges are deemed eligible folio charges. This does not apply to incidental charges for stays at Hampton, Home2 Suites or Homewood Suites by Hilton. For a complete explanation, see number 14 under Accrual of Points here.
http://hhonors3.hilton.com/en/promot...q-english.html

FAQ's don't mention if an opt-out property will count as first stay. I would be inclined to think yes it will count as the FAQs talk about the first stay not earning anything else and just has to be an eligible stay under normal terms and conditions. But I guess Erin will tell us for sure soon.
Old Oct 30, 2014, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
I'm not so sure that the system might not be programmed to reject opt-out locations first, and determine promo credit later?
Old Oct 30, 2014, 2:25 pm

Programs: AA EXP and 1MM, UA 1K, HH Lifetime Diamond
Checked into the Hilton Lima Miraflores today (fantastic hotel by the way) and checking out on November 3rd. Checking Into the Hilton Buenos Aires on November 3rd and out the 7th. Based on the FAQ informaion above it seems that my days at the Hilton Lima Miraflores from Nov 1 to 3 will count as first stay and that I should get double points for the stay in Buenos Aires. Hope it works this way as a significant number of points at stake.
Old Oct 30, 2014, 3:26 pm

Programs: UA 1 .6 MM,Ethiad Gold,Virgin Silver,Marriott Gold,HHonors Diamond,SPG Gold,BA Blue (ish)
If I book a 2x points rate do I get double double ?
Old Oct 30, 2014, 4:37 pm
cjd

Originally Posted by mandc2000
Well, sort of - you should get double bonus points instead of single bonus points.
Old Oct 30, 2014, 4:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by mandc2000
You earn 30 points per dollar, plus elite bonuses, in that case.
Old Oct 31, 2014, 5:45 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
What happens if my first stay hasn't posted before the second one starts?

Hopefully it will still be flagged as a double-qualifying stay. I think this will be a quiet quarter for me anyway.
Old Oct 31, 2014, 9:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

In the normal course of things, your first stay should post first, because of timing. However, if the first one had a problem, and had to be posted after the second one for some reason (or was just plain slower), you'd have to explain the points you should've earned to Hilton, and I'd bet they'd make a manual addition of the difference for you. I can't recall whether it was Hilton (or more likely IHG) that this has come up, and it was resolved.
Old Oct 31, 2014, 10:10 am

Programs: HH Gold, Delta Skymiles
If I do Points & Miles for a stay so I can take advantage of the double miles promotion w/Delta going on right now.

Will that stay count as my first stay once I switch back over to Points & Points for the double points promotion?
Old Oct 31, 2014, 11:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

That should be fine because all you need is one elite-qualifying stay in your account. Choosing miles is beside the point.
Old Oct 31, 2014, 7:38 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Not only have I not gotten the e-mail, I can't even find "Double Up" anywhere on the Hilton website - I've searched all over Offers, Promotions - but can't find this one. Where can I see it? I know I can click on the link on this or the other thread, but I prefer to do that from my own account.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.