Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Conrad Fort Lauderdale Beach {US-FL}

Conrad Fort Lauderdale Beach {US-FL}

Old Jan 9, 20, 9:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MMô, Lifetime HHonors Diamond, Cholula General Member
I am torn on this hotel.

The room was fine and in line with Conrad standards (from my limited experience). The common area around the elevator lobby could be improved.

I did stay here for free but not on HHonors points. I did get the $20 per day food credit (x2). Well, you need it. The restaurant prices are high. We had the breakfast buffet and it is $35 each plus a mandatory 20% tip, which I find insane for a buffet. After taking $40 off, it was still almost $50. And it was nothing out of this world at all. The food at the pool was a little high but nothing totally over the top and was excellent in my view.

I hate resort fees and I usually don't pay them because I am usually on an award stay. In this case, it is at least close to worth it. They do give out free water at the pool and replenish in the room daily. They do provide a chair at the beach. The going rate for my stay would have been $700. I can't even fathom paying that much for a room and then having a resort fee on top of it. Yes, I know that some people have it and don't care.

So, I kind of warmed up to the property while I was then and then I checked out. And sure enough, the dreaded minibar charge that I didn't use. Of course, they took it off. But it leaves such a sour, sour taste in my mouth.
Old Jan 10, 20, 7:20 am

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by indufan View Post
I did stay here for free but not on HHonors points. I did get the $20 per day food credit (x2). Well, you need it. The restaurant prices are high. We had the breakfast buffet and it is $35 each plus a mandatory 20% tip, which I find insane for a buffet. After taking $40 off, it was still almost $50. And it was nothing out of this world at all. The food at the pool was a little high but nothing totally over the top and was excellent in my view.

I hate resort fees and I usually don't pay them because I am usually on an award stay. In this case, it is at least close to worth it. They do give out free water at the pool and replenish in the room daily. They do provide a chair at the beach. The going rate for my stay would have been $700. I can't even fathom paying that much for a room and then having a resort fee on top of it. Yes, I know that some people have it and don't care.

So, I kind of warmed up to the property while I was then and then I checked out. And sure enough, the dreaded minibar charge that I didn't use. Of course, they took it off. But it leaves such a sour, sour taste in my mouth.
Everything you mentioned is par for the course with luxury, name brand oceanfront properties in South Florida. Actually $35 for the breakfast buffet doesn't sound that bad. Expensive, sure, but not out of line.

The saving grace with the resort fee at the Conrad (and Hilton) is that it does include 2 beach chairs, as you mentioned. Stayed at the Westin FLL Beach a few years back, on top of the $30 or whatever resort fee (which got you absolutely nothing worthwhile) we were also charged for beach chairs. Will never be back.

Plus, if you don't want to pay resort fees, can always stay at the DT Bahia Mar (but you will pay for beach chairs)
Old Jan 10, 20, 5:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JJeffrey View Post
Everything you mentioned is par for the course with luxury, name brand oceanfront properties in South Florida. Actually $35 for the breakfast buffet doesn't sound that bad. Expensive, sure, but not out of line.
This isn't my first rodeo in South Florida. I know it is not that uncompetitive. It just isn't worth it, in my view. The 20% gratuity on a buffet rubbed me the wrong way.

The saving grace with the resort fee at the Conrad (and Hilton) is that it does include 2 beach chairs, as you mentioned.
Touche.
Plus, if you don't want to pay resort fees, can always stay at the DT Bahia Mar (but you will pay for beach chairs)
I have been there and under impressed too. Somewhere along the line, I turned into a hotel ...... I am yet to experience complete satisfaction on the Florida coast. I know it is a tough market but I also don't think they kill themselves to compete.
JJeffrey likes this.
Old Jan 29, 20, 4:44 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Global Entry
Anyone stay at both this and the Hilton Fort Lauderdale? Which would you recommend?
Old Jan 29, 20, 6:53 pm

Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
Anyone stay at both this and the Hilton Fort Lauderdale? Which would you recommend?
I enjoyed the Conrad much better. I think it had the better facilities, service, and amenities overall. The Conrad has better rooms too. The Hilton feels older. The Conrad is more luxurious and upscale, which I like.

Also, there are more kids at the Hilton. The Hilton pool is larger, but that means more kids splashing around and using the jacuzzi tubs too. I don't have kids so the Conrad wins hands down for me.

I had a nice stay at the Hilton, but the Conrad was just much better for what I like and look for in a hotel. I'm Diamond, so I enjoyed the 2 hr complimentary wine and cheese weekday meet. I also received a nice comp to an oceanfront 2 bedroom suite. I originally had a 2 bedroom oceanview/city view suite.
Super Mario likes this.
Old Feb 10, 20, 10:15 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium Elite; Hilton Diamond
Trying to decide between this property or Boca Beach Club for a 3-night stay. Anyone stayed at both?
Old Feb 10, 20, 4:08 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, HHonors Diamond, National Executive Elite
It seems that both Junior Suite Ocean View (650 sq. ft., south facing, furnished balcony) and 1 Bedroom Suite Partial Ocean View (750 sq. ft., NE facing, step-out balcony) are available as standard room rewards. The cash rate for the 1 Bedroom suite is about $30 higher. Any recommendations? It seems that the furnished balcony would be preferable, even if the room itself is slightly smaller. Then again, would booking the higher category possibly position us for a better upgrade?
Old Feb 10, 20, 9:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I like to sit on the balcony. I didn't notice the other side didn't have furnishings. Southside has a not so lovely view of construction. Unless it is way forward, I would consider the southside a partial ocean view too.
Old Feb 10, 20, 10:58 pm

Programs: Hilton HHonors Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by brokenwindow View Post
Trying to decide between this property or Boca Beach Club for a 3-night stay. Anyone stayed at both?
​​​​​​
i canx the Conrad resi for a stay at BBC. Really liked BBC, great beach and pool area. Clientele is a bit toity though.
Old Feb 14, 20, 3:17 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium Elite; Hilton Diamond
The daily Diamond breakfast credit you get $20/pp, can it be used at the pool for drinks/food?
Old Feb 14, 20, 3:46 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, DL PM, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by brokenwindow View Post
The daily Diamond breakfast credit you get $20/pp, can it be used at the pool for drinks/food?
Unless it has changed in the last few months, yes

Search this Thread
Search Engine: