Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Conrad Fort Lauderdale Beach {US-FL}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Conrad Fort Lauderdale Beach {US-FL}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2020, 8:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
I am torn on this hotel.

The room was fine and in line with Conrad standards (from my limited experience). The common area around the elevator lobby could be improved.

I did stay here for free but not on HHonors points. I did get the $20 per day food credit (x2). Well, you need it. The restaurant prices are high. We had the breakfast buffet and it is $35 each plus a mandatory 20% tip, which I find insane for a buffet. After taking $40 off, it was still almost $50. And it was nothing out of this world at all. The food at the pool was a little high but nothing totally over the top and was excellent in my view.

I hate resort fees and I usually don't pay them because I am usually on an award stay. In this case, it is at least close to worth it. They do give out free water at the pool and replenish in the room daily. They do provide a chair at the beach. The going rate for my stay would have been $700. I can't even fathom paying that much for a room and then having a resort fee on top of it. Yes, I know that some people have it and don't care.

So, I kind of warmed up to the property while I was then and then I checked out. And sure enough, the dreaded minibar charge that I didn't use. Of course, they took it off. But it leaves such a sour, sour taste in my mouth.
Old Jan 10, 2020, 6:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by indufan
I did stay here for free but not on HHonors points. I did get the $20 per day food credit (x2). Well, you need it. The restaurant prices are high. We had the breakfast buffet and it is $35 each plus a mandatory 20% tip, which I find insane for a buffet. After taking $40 off, it was still almost $50. And it was nothing out of this world at all. The food at the pool was a little high but nothing totally over the top and was excellent in my view.

I hate resort fees and I usually don't pay them because I am usually on an award stay. In this case, it is at least close to worth it. They do give out free water at the pool and replenish in the room daily. They do provide a chair at the beach. The going rate for my stay would have been $700. I can't even fathom paying that much for a room and then having a resort fee on top of it. Yes, I know that some people have it and don't care.

So, I kind of warmed up to the property while I was then and then I checked out. And sure enough, the dreaded minibar charge that I didn't use. Of course, they took it off. But it leaves such a sour, sour taste in my mouth.
Everything you mentioned is par for the course with luxury, name brand oceanfront properties in South Florida. Actually $35 for the breakfast buffet doesn't sound that bad. Expensive, sure, but not out of line.

The saving grace with the resort fee at the Conrad (and Hilton) is that it does include 2 beach chairs, as you mentioned. Stayed at the Westin FLL Beach a few years back, on top of the $30 or whatever resort fee (which got you absolutely nothing worthwhile) we were also charged for beach chairs. Will never be back.

Plus, if you don't want to pay resort fees, can always stay at the DT Bahia Mar (but you will pay for beach chairs)
Old Jan 10, 2020, 4:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JJeffrey
Everything you mentioned is par for the course with luxury, name brand oceanfront properties in South Florida. Actually $35 for the breakfast buffet doesn't sound that bad. Expensive, sure, but not out of line.
This isn't my first rodeo in South Florida. I know it is not that uncompetitive. It just isn't worth it, in my view. The 20% gratuity on a buffet rubbed me the wrong way.

The saving grace with the resort fee at the Conrad (and Hilton) is that it does include 2 beach chairs, as you mentioned.
Touche.
Plus, if you don't want to pay resort fees, can always stay at the DT Bahia Mar (but you will pay for beach chairs)
I have been there and under impressed too. Somewhere along the line, I turned into a hotel ...... I am yet to experience complete satisfaction on the Florida coast. I know it is a tough market but I also don't think they kill themselves to compete.
JJeffrey likes this.
Old Jan 29, 2020, 3:44 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Global Entry
Anyone stay at both this and the Hilton Fort Lauderdale? Which would you recommend?
Old Jan 29, 2020, 5:53 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by Super Mario
Anyone stay at both this and the Hilton Fort Lauderdale? Which would you recommend?
I enjoyed the Conrad much better. I think it had the better facilities, service, and amenities overall. The Conrad has better rooms too. The Hilton feels older. The Conrad is more luxurious and upscale, which I like.

Also, there are more kids at the Hilton. The Hilton pool is larger, but that means more kids splashing around and using the jacuzzi tubs too. I don't have kids so the Conrad wins hands down for me.

I had a nice stay at the Hilton, but the Conrad was just much better for what I like and look for in a hotel. I'm Diamond, so I enjoyed the 2 hr complimentary wine and cheese weekday meet. I also received a nice comp to an oceanfront 2 bedroom suite. I originally had a 2 bedroom oceanview/city view suite.
Super Mario likes this.
Old Feb 10, 2020, 9:15 am

Programs: Virtuoso Luxury Travel Agent; Bonvoy Titanium Elite; Hilton Diamond
Trying to decide between this property or Boca Beach Club for a 3-night stay. Anyone stayed at both?
Old Feb 10, 2020, 3:08 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, HHonors Diamond, National Executive Elite
It seems that both Junior Suite Ocean View (650 sq. ft., south facing, furnished balcony) and 1 Bedroom Suite Partial Ocean View (750 sq. ft., NE facing, step-out balcony) are available as standard room rewards. The cash rate for the 1 Bedroom suite is about $30 higher. Any recommendations? It seems that the furnished balcony would be preferable, even if the room itself is slightly smaller. Then again, would booking the higher category possibly position us for a better upgrade?
Old Feb 10, 2020, 8:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I like to sit on the balcony. I didn't notice the other side didn't have furnishings. Southside has a not so lovely view of construction. Unless it is way forward, I would consider the southside a partial ocean view too.
Old Feb 10, 2020, 9:58 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Hilton HHonors Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by brokenwindow
Trying to decide between this property or Boca Beach Club for a 3-night stay. Anyone stayed at both?
​​​​​​
i canx the Conrad resi for a stay at BBC. Really liked BBC, great beach and pool area. Clientele is a bit toity though.
Old Feb 14, 2020, 2:17 pm

Programs: Virtuoso Luxury Travel Agent; Bonvoy Titanium Elite; Hilton Diamond
The daily Diamond breakfast credit you get $20/pp, can it be used at the pool for drinks/food?
Old Feb 14, 2020, 2:46 pm

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, DL PM, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by brokenwindow
The daily Diamond breakfast credit you get $20/pp, can it be used at the pool for drinks/food?
Unless it has changed in the last few months, yes
Old Aug 3, 2020, 11:06 am

Programs: HHonors, UA, AA, CET
Is there any public parking near here? Website says there is visitor (non guest) valet, but only up to 8 hours. Trying to determine if we have friends visiting us (when we finally stay here), our best option for them
Old Aug 3, 2020, 3:45 pm

Originally Posted by United16
Is there any public parking near here? Website says there is visitor (non guest) valet, but only up to 8 hours. Trying to determine if we have friends visiting us (when we finally stay here), our best option for them
That section of Fort Lauderdale Beach only has metered parking on the streets. There are no separate parking lots. (The closest city parking lot is the Sebastian Street Lot, about 8 blocks away.) There are no private parking lots (that I know of) in that area.

The price is the same for a city lot or an on-street meter. It's $4/hour. Maximum number of hours is 4. Meters are enforced 24 hours per day.
City Website with Pricing: https://www.fortlauderdale.gov/depar...bility/parking

Critical: The City makes $$$ off of parking tickets. Chances are strong that you will get caught if you overstay the 4 hour limit. They also write tickets 24 hours per day. I remember being out on the Beach after midnight and seeing Parking Enforcement writing tickets.
United16 likes this.
Old Aug 4, 2020, 9:16 am

Programs: HHonors, UA, AA, CET
Thanks. Sounds like it might be best to just do the resort valet for them, rather than dealing with the meters
writerguyfl likes this.
Old Aug 16, 2020, 1:35 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Did a short resort and room tour video for our stay in October. We enjoyed the property- the rooms are stunning, and location is great for a pre-cruise stay (once those start up again, that is). Otherwise, beach access is great, and felt that it was worth using the amount of points we redeemed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.