Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Conrad Fort Lauderdale Beach {US-FL}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Conrad Fort Lauderdale Beach {US-FL}

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2014, 1:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HHonors: Diamond. US Dividend Miles: Gold. Hertz: President's Circle
Arrow Conrad Fort Lauderdale Beach {US-FL}

Conrad Fort Lauderdale website
Scheduled to open in July 2015.

It's right next door to the Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort, which I enjoyed a stay at last summer. I wonder how it'll compare/compete. It's also supposed to be condos.

I don't know what the building used to be, but I did notice it last summer, thought it looked nice, but also empty. I guess I was right on the empty part.
Old Jun 25, 2014, 1:48 pm

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, DL PM, Hertz President's Circle
Exciting! Thanks for pointing this out. I hope to see the brand continue to expand in the states.
ben1233 likes this.
Old Jun 25, 2014, 2:02 pm

Was to be Trump Tower

This property was going to be a Trump-branded condo-hotel. The building was completed (at least the exterior), but has been vacant due money issues and on-going lawsuits.

While the economy certainly didn't help, the developer has a troubling history of fraud. In fact, he plead guilty to a $40 million securities scam in New York. More details here (from a July 2012 article):

http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/07/0...-criminal.html

All of that shouldn't impact the Conrad. As a Fort Lauderdale resident, I'm thrilled that the empty tower will finally be occupied.
Old Jan 24, 2015, 4:22 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/GfL, Lufthansa SEN, Hilton Diamond, misc other stuff
I am seeing availability at the Conrad in October for 114-124 USD per night, e.g. 9/6/15.
Old Jan 24, 2015, 10:48 am

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, DL PM, Hertz President's Circle
Were you able to book? I'm seeing "not available" for all dates around October and Sept. Looking forward to checking out this property, and that those rates it is a no brainier.
Old Jan 24, 2015, 11:17 am

Programs: HHonnors Diamond, AA Gold, UA Silver
Originally Posted by Michael19887
Were you able to book? I'm seeing "not available" for all dates around October and Sept. Looking forward to checking out this property, and that those rates it is a no brainier.
Agreed... I'm getting a "call to book" notice. Maybe they are finally loading rates into the system, and accidentally had some active early this morning?
Old Apr 5, 2016, 8:30 pm

Programs: UA MP HH LTD
Conrad Ft Lauderdale

Anybody know anything about this new member of the Conrad and Hilton Families? Website says not accepting reservations yet. Any idea when? Any other info?
Old Apr 5, 2016, 8:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Some information here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...t-hhonors.html
Old Apr 5, 2016, 8:42 pm

Programs: UA MP HH LTD
Interesting. I did a search, nothing came up. Thanks for the link.
Old Apr 13, 2016, 3:09 pm

I walked past the Conrad this morning. The windows are covered, so it's hard to tell how close they are to opening.

Unfortunately, there is a huge construction site directly south of the Conrad. There is a Four Seasons Hotel and Residences being built, which means that roughly half the rooms at the Conrad will have a view of construction for the foreseeable future.

This is an aerial image courtesy of Bing Maps. The Conrad is the high-rise on the right. The Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort is the high-rise on the left. All the low-rise building between are now gone and the entire block is fenced off.

Old Apr 17, 2016, 1:25 pm

Based on the original opening estimate I was hoping to have stayed here last month, now I'm hoping to stay here in Feb17. Let's see what happens!
Old Jul 2, 2016, 2:35 pm

Anyone heard any updates on when this hotel is opening? I've emailed them twice but never received a response.
Old Jul 2, 2016, 2:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
While the website says they are accepting reservations from 28FEB17, Hilton.com will not currently accept a booking for that date:
Conrad Fort Lauderdale Beach will be open soon. We're accepting reservation for arrivals on or after 28 Feb 2017.
Old Jul 2, 2016, 4:11 pm

Oh well looks like i'm going to miss it in Dec and Feb then!
Old Mar 17, 2017, 5:31 pm

Programs: AA Plt 3MM; UA 1K 2 MM; MR Lifetime Plat; HH Lifetime Diamond; HH Diamond; IGH Spire Ambas; SPG Gold
Currently showing Fall 2017 opening.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.