FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Conrad Fort Lauderdale Beach {US-FL}
View Single Post
Old Jan 9, 2020, 8:41 pm
indufan
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
I am torn on this hotel.

The room was fine and in line with Conrad standards (from my limited experience). The common area around the elevator lobby could be improved.

I did stay here for free but not on HHonors points. I did get the $20 per day food credit (x2). Well, you need it. The restaurant prices are high. We had the breakfast buffet and it is $35 each plus a mandatory 20% tip, which I find insane for a buffet. After taking $40 off, it was still almost $50. And it was nothing out of this world at all. The food at the pool was a little high but nothing totally over the top and was excellent in my view.

I hate resort fees and I usually don't pay them because I am usually on an award stay. In this case, it is at least close to worth it. They do give out free water at the pool and replenish in the room daily. They do provide a chair at the beach. The going rate for my stay would have been $700. I can't even fathom paying that much for a room and then having a resort fee on top of it. Yes, I know that some people have it and don't care.

So, I kind of warmed up to the property while I was then and then I checked out. And sure enough, the dreaded minibar charge that I didn't use. Of course, they took it off. But it leaves such a sour, sour taste in my mouth.