Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What was your first Hilton stay?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2014, 8:15 am
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
Hilton Palm Springs in late 1980s -- for that reason never went back to Hilton for another 10 years.
Old Jun 8, 2014, 8:17 am
In Memoriam

Hilton Logan Airport
Old Jun 8, 2014, 10:10 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum,One Harmony Exclusive, Flying Blue Platinum, Emirates Platinum
Hilton Prague - 2003
Old Jun 8, 2014, 10:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Hilton Pittsburg when I was in college in 1986. Conference had the hotel booked and I am pretty sure that hotel is no longer a Hilton.

First experience as an HHonors member was mid 90's at the Hilton Windsor (and also was the first property I stayed a lot later when I recited diamond status) which is also no longer part of Hilton but was always treated great
Old Jun 8, 2014, 10:40 am

Programs: LH FTL, HH ♢, HGP P, Accor P

Grand Wailea W-A Maui, I think 2009, as a designated conference hotel. Great stay. Even though back then I was a mere Blue member, I still got a nice room very close to the ocean.
Old Jun 8, 2014, 10:58 am

Programs: DL DM, HH Devalued Diamond, Hertz President's Club
Hilton Omaha. First big travel project and for first year put up in the host company's barracks that they used to use for agents in town for training. Place was awful. Then they tore it down and started putting me in the Hilton Omaha which remains my favorite to this day. I have been a perpetual diamond since that stay which was in 2003.
Old Jun 8, 2014, 12:27 pm

Caribe Hilton, San Juan over Memorial Day weekend 1982. Took a while to come up with that...
Old Jun 8, 2014, 1:05 pm

Programs: DL Silver, AS MVP, UA Silver, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, National Exec Elite
Doubletree Louisville KY in middle- and high-school at mock UN and mock State Government conferences in the mid-to-late '90s.

Hampton Inn Provo was my first HHonors stay as well as my first business trip visiting my company's headquarters with my boss. I actually didn't join HHonors for another 3 or 4 months (until recommended by another co-worker, an outside sales rep with many more stays/year than me) but I was able to go back and submit stay credit requests for all my pre-join stays. This was all mid '06... I got Gold on a fast-track and then Diamond on stays (with much mattress hopping). From then on I exploited the rolling-calendar as much as possible to maintain Diamond until I switched jobs in early '10 and just moved back into a traveling job in late-'13.

I'm back with HHonors for now, but I'm going to re-evaluate at the end of '14 and see if I can jump to SPG or Hyatt for '15 (unless details of this "accessible lifestyle brand" that was mentioned at the same time Curio was announced surface and look equivalent to Aloft or at-least as good as Hyatt Place).
Old Jun 8, 2014, 2:20 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by xooz
Caribe Hilton, San Juan over Memorial Day weekend 1982. Took a while to come up with that...
That was where I had my second Hilton stay and also where I joined HHonors ^

Last edited by CMK10; Jun 8, 2014 at 3:31 pm Reason: Typo
Old Jun 8, 2014, 2:42 pm

Programs: HHD
The Flamingo in Las Vegas: late seventies or early eighties.
Old Jun 8, 2014, 3:12 pm

Originally Posted by CMK10
That was where I mad my second Hilton stay and also where I joined HHonors ^
I didn't join the HH program until much later. I did make many a stay at the MCI Embassy Suites starting about 1990, and was a "Diplomat" in whatever program they had at the time.
Old Jun 8, 2014, 7:19 pm

Programs: HH D, AS MM/MVPG for life/AL, Awesome Wipes VIP Club, NEXUS, Hertz 5-Star Gold

Like a previous poster, I visited NYC with my parents in 1964 (August) for the Worlds Fair. Stayed at the Hilton in Manhattan. Remember having lunch at the Stage Deli and also at the Spanish Pavilion at the Fair.
Old Jun 9, 2014, 8:18 am
Company Representative - Honors by Hilton

Programs: Hilton Honors
Fun thread. Interesting to read everyone's stories
Old Jun 9, 2014, 8:33 am
R7U

Programs: TK Elite; HH Diamond; AA Plat; CC Gold
Hilton Prague.
Old Jun 9, 2014, 8:38 am

Programs: DL 2MM/PM, HH LT <>, Amex Plat
My first Hilton stay was in 1983 for 45 days at the HHV. It was at the very beginning of the Hhonors program and I was a Gold through a Delta Air Lines affiliation. What made it really memorable; I got a call from the GM and was upgraded to the Alii tower for the remainder of my stay! Gold really meant something back then probably because there weren’t so many of them.

Jim

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.