What was your first Hilton stay?

Old May 6, 2013, 4:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: EK Gold, IHG Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond
My first time at Hilton

I did not found a proper thread, if it does exist, please move this post.

Last week-end I was for the first time (I and my girlfriend) at Hilton Double Tree Central Station in Amsterdam.

At our arrival at 17 room (a Queen) was not ready yet so we were offered a free drink at the SkyLounge and a Queen Executive Room with minibar included. I do not know if this is an upgrade or not.

As it was my first time I am at Blue Level (at check-in I showed the card).

But I have a remark to do.
On the second day we found our pajamas on the chair in a confusing/disordered way...I wrote it on the form before our check-out.

Marco
Old May 6, 2013, 5:07 am

Originally Posted by MarcoGT

On the second day we found our pajamas on the chair in a confusing/disordered way...I wrote it on the form before our check-out.
Please elaborate.
Old May 6, 2013, 11:10 am

Programs: AA, US, WN, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by CodeAdam10
Please elaborate.
Yeah - girlfriend, drinks, hotel room, pajamas tossed on chair.

Don't leave us hanging here!

Old May 6, 2013, 11:14 am

I must say, this is the first time I've found pajamas referred-to as either confusing or disordered. Seriously...you received what appears to be exemplary service for a guest with no status, and you whined about how your Garanimals were treated?
Old May 6, 2013, 2:51 pm

Programs: US/AA-Platinum, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Gold, AVIS-Presidents Club, National-Executive Elite
Originally Posted by smmrfld
I must say, this is the first time I've found pajamas referred-to as either confusing or disordered.
Did they look like this?

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-8kawpzbttg...05222391_n.jpg
Old May 6, 2013, 2:58 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Matre-plongeur des Muccis
That's a bit strange, Marco - and the feedback might have been useful to housekeeping.

I will have to say that for a Blue level member, you were treated very nicely - the upgrade to Executive level and Lounge access, the drink at SkyBar whilst waiting for your room - these were very nice things to do for an entry level guest.

How did you find the property in terms of service, location, etc.? You can add your impressions - possibly best in this thread here: Doubletree Amsterdam Centraal Station (formerly MINT Hotel Amsterdam).
Old May 22, 2014, 1:56 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
What was your first Hilton stay?

I Thought this might be a fun little thread with some nostalgia in it.

For me it was the Hilton Addis Ababa, Ethiopia in 1999. Nice hotel in a less than nice city. I was 14 and very much enjoyed the grounds which included the hardest miniature golf course I'd ever played and a decent pool. My Dad said the bar had some amazing live entertainment too.

What about everyone else?
Old May 22, 2014, 2:35 pm

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), Tesco Blue, TK Elite (*G), Oyster Diamond Jubilee edition
Hilton Brussels City in August 2010. Very average hotel, got 2 double rooms instead of 2 twin rooms because of overbooking. Were "upgraded" from Guest rooms to Deluxe rooms, which meant 2 free bottles of water (yay!). Flickering light on toilet in one of the rooms was promptly fixed.

I was horrified to found on a price list in the room that they charge 350 EUR per night for Guest room and 550 EUR per night for Deluxe room. Not sure what were these prices used for, probably to charge extra stranded airline passengers with good insurance.
Old May 22, 2014, 3:14 pm

Programs: Holder of six "persona non-grata" awards
2010 - Hilton Toledo Spain; upgraded to a very nice suite. ^
Old May 22, 2014, 3:15 pm
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

On my account: hilton garden inn the woodlands 2004.

But I stayed at hamptons with my family traveling as kid. And a few other hilton brands during interviews in college but they were paid by the recruiters.

Originally Posted by haasha
I was horrified to found on a price list in the room that they charge 350 EUR per night for Guest room and 550 EUR per night for Deluxe room. Not sure what were these prices used for, probably to charge extra stranded airline passengers with good insurance.
In case you don't vacate when you're supposed to, they can charge you this rate. Probably only used during forced "evictions" if someone overstays and courts get involved.
Old May 22, 2014, 3:25 pm

Programs: AA, US, WN, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Plat
Paris Hilton - Memorial Day weekend 2013. One thing I recall is that the front desk clerk greeted me in English before I opened my mouth. Wow - that obvious I thought. We could see the Eiffel Tower from our balcony which made my g/f (now my wife) so happy. Also remember watching them play soccer across the street.

I wasn't a HHonors member, but did get an early check-in. We must have arrived around 8:00AM and only had to wait a little while for our room.
Old May 22, 2014, 3:37 pm

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), Tesco Blue, TK Elite (*G), Oyster Diamond Jubilee edition
Originally Posted by IAHtraveler
In case you don't vacate when you're supposed to, they can charge you this rate. Probably only used during forced "evictions" if someone overstays and courts get involved.
Thanks. Note to self: always check out on time
Old May 22, 2014, 5:06 pm

Programs: hhonors diamond
Hilton canary wharf , between xmas and new year 2007, ive travelled the uk and some of Europe all my life working in the uk hiphop business.....up until then I could only afford to stay in cheap bed and breakfasts and horrible little guest houses as I was trying to build a rep and tour to get promoted......however in 2006 I went independent and was very successful .......with my first big paycheque I booked the Hilton canary wharf as a treat on a recommendation from a friend and it opened up a whole new world to me......exciting times!.....oh and still my fav Hilton .
Old May 22, 2014, 5:42 pm

Statler Hilton in New York City with my Mom and Dad for the 1964 World Fair. They took me to the Automat too. Made a big impression on a small child, since I still remember it 50 years later.
Old May 22, 2014, 7:02 pm
jxd

Hilton hua hin resort and spa. Nice property in '04.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.