Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Johor Bahru {MYS}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Johor Bahru {MYS}

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2014, 11:43 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, SPG Gold, MR Gold
Originally Posted by jxd
No executive lounge access for gold.

Based on their website, there is almost no difference between the regular "guest room" and deluxe room other than the view?

Question is: Should i pay the 50rm++ upgrade if i want lounge access or hope for the best?
Where got said that Gold benefits was one level upgrade?
Old Jul 21, 2014, 12:24 am
jxd

Originally Posted by planetshakers
The e-standby upgrade is only rm37+ to deluxe room. This may be the cheaper option to upgrade to exec room for Golds.
The cheapest option in my nor1 upgrade is to executive at 81rm
Old Jul 21, 2014, 12:25 am
jxd

Originally Posted by Putra
Where got said that Gold benefits was one level upgrade?
From what I know there is no "definite" upgrade policy. The t&c just states "upgrade to your preferred room". I guess it's up to the hotel.
Old Jul 21, 2014, 12:29 am
jxd

Originally Posted by gummibar
I think on paper, they play by the rules. However, if you ask nicely when you check in, they may upgrade you.

I was in a similar situation for Hilton Singapore. When I checked in, I kindly asked whether I was upgraded to an Executive floor (as a gold), initially the receptionist said no...then i gave a sad-ish face and commented "oh" and the receptionist kinda got the message that i wasn't too pleased. He then did some changes and offered me an executive floor room...So...just give it a try and see whether you are lucky!
Will try my luck at check in. If no exec. lounge I'll probably pay the extra 50rm+.
Old Jul 21, 2014, 1:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by jxd
From what I know there is no "definite" upgrade policy. The t&c just states "upgrade to your preferred room". I guess it's up to the hotel.

Just pay for the upgrade la..... Not expensive...
Old Jul 21, 2014, 8:14 am

Originally Posted by jxd
I never received an answer from a GM directed to the benefits from Hilton rules pages and all the hotel that I have stay didnt mentioned one category upgraded at all, most of the time reply saying that upgrade to the executive based on availability(last year experienced as a gold). I don't mind received an answer from reservation agent like that. Do you reply him?
Old Jul 21, 2014, 8:47 am
jxd

I never received an answer from a GM directed to the benefits from Hilton rules pages and all the hotel that I have stay didnt mentioned one category upgraded at all, most of the time reply saying that upgrade to the executive based on availability(last year experienced as a gold). I don't mind received an answer from reservation agent like that. Do you reply him?
I have not replied. I only emailed the gm because I did not receive any reply from the hotel after a week. In fact, I re-sent the email to the hotel and only cc-ed it to the general manager the second time. Got a reply the next morning from the general manager instead of from the hotel. Pretty weird ain't it. I'm still thinking of what to reply about the '1-level upgrade'. Seems interesting. Could be a policy change in near future?
Old Jul 21, 2014, 8:51 am
jxd

Originally Posted by InvestorTiger
Just pay for the upgrade la..... Not expensive...
It's not about the money, it's about the '1-level upgrade' that's bothering me. Have you heard of such policy before?
Old Jul 21, 2014, 9:01 am

Originally Posted by jxd
I have not replied. I only emailed the gm because I did not receive any reply from the hotel after a week. In fact, I re-sent the email to the hotel and only cc-ed it to the general manager the second time. Got a reply the next morning from the general manager instead of from the hotel. Pretty weird ain't it. I'm still thinking of what to reply about the '1-level upgrade'. Seems interesting. Could be a policy change in near future?
If I were you I will combined the experienced emailing other GM at other properties and asking him to point out where the 1-level upgrade policy. Yes, RM50 was small amount but after saw the GM email, it bother me too. Its strange and look unprofessional way replying guest email. I would CC HH guest generic email too.

I am thinking I shouldnt stay at the property that didnt appreciate loyal guest though.
Old Jul 21, 2014, 9:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta Platinum, HHonors Diamond, PC Platinum
Originally Posted by jxd
It's not about the money, it's about the '1-level upgrade' that's bothering me. Have you heard of such policy before?
Yes, it is in the T&C

◾At Waldorf Astoria® Hotels & Resorts, Conrad® Hotels & Resorts, Hilton Hotels & Resorts, and DoubleTree by Hilton™ properties, Diamond HHonors guests will receive upgrades to preferred rooms, based on availability at the time of check-in (excludes Napua Tower at Grand Wailea and Imperial Floor at Rome Cavalieri). Upgrades for Diamond HHonors guests may include the next-best available room from the room type booked. Upgrades may also be rooms with desirable views, corner rooms, rooms on high floors, rooms with special amenities, rooms on Executive Floors, or suites, as identified by each property. Upgrades exclude executive suites, villas and specialty accommodations (which may include, but not limited to, "Vista" and "Villa" accommodation types), subject to the discretion of the hotel. Group reservations and certain rates are not eligible for suite accommodations and may not be eligible for complimentary upgrades. All upgrades are granted on a space-available basis for the entire stay, as determined at the time of check-in. Preferred rooms are identified by each individual property and may vary within each brand. Upgrades will be given only for one room for the member, regardless of additional rooms the member may have purchased at or after the time of booking. The following brands do not offer complimentary upgrades: Embassy Suites™, Hilton Garden Inn®, Hampton Inn & Suites®, Homewood Suites by Hilton®, Home2 Suites by Hilton®, and Hilton Grand Vacations®.

◾At Waldorf Astoria® Hotels & Resorts, Conrad® Hotels & Resorts, Hilton Hotels & Resorts, and DoubleTree by Hilton™ properties, Gold HHonors guests receive upgrades to preferred rooms, which may include the next-best available room from the room type booked. Upgrades may also include rooms with desirable views, corner rooms, rooms on high floors, rooms with special amenities, or rooms on Executive Floors, as identified by each property. Upgrades exclude executive suites, villas and specialty accommodations (which may include, but not limited to, "Vista" and "Villa" accommodation types), subject to the discretion of the hotel. Group reservations and certain rates are not eligible for complimentary upgrades. All upgrades are granted on a space-available basis for the entire stay, as determined at the time of check-in. Preferred rooms are identified by each individual property and may vary within each brand. Upgrades will be given only for one room for the member, regardless of additional rooms the member may have purchased at or after the time of booking. The following brands do not offer complimentary upgrades: Embassy Suites™, Hilton Garden Inn®, Hampton Inn & Suites®, Homewood Suites by Hilton®, Home2 Suites by Hilton®, and Hilton Grand Vacations®.
Old Jul 21, 2014, 9:10 am

Originally Posted by OB one
Yes, it is in the T&C

◾At Waldorf Astoria® Hotels & Resorts, Conrad® Hotels & Resorts, Hilton Hotels & Resorts, and DoubleTree by Hilton™ properties, Diamond HHonors guests will receive upgrades to preferred rooms, based on availability at the time of check-in (excludes Napua Tower at Grand Wailea and Imperial Floor at Rome Cavalieri). Upgrades for Diamond HHonors guests may include the next-best available room from the room type booked. Upgrades may also be rooms with desirable views, corner rooms, rooms on high floors, rooms with special amenities, rooms on Executive Floors, or suites, as identified by each property. Upgrades exclude executive suites, villas and specialty accommodations (which may include, but not limited to, "Vista" and "Villa" accommodation types), subject to the discretion of the hotel. Group reservations and certain rates are not eligible for suite accommodations and may not be eligible for complimentary upgrades. All upgrades are granted on a space-available basis for the entire stay, as determined at the time of check-in. Preferred rooms are identified by each individual property and may vary within each brand. Upgrades will be given only for one room for the member, regardless of additional rooms the member may have purchased at or after the time of booking. The following brands do not offer complimentary upgrades: Embassy Suites™, Hilton Garden Inn®, Hampton Inn & Suites®, Homewood Suites by Hilton®, Home2 Suites by Hilton®, and Hilton Grand Vacations®.

◾At Waldorf Astoria® Hotels & Resorts, Conrad® Hotels & Resorts, Hilton Hotels & Resorts, and DoubleTree by Hilton™ properties, Gold HHonors guests receive upgrades to preferred rooms, which may include the next-best available room from the room type booked. Upgrades may also include rooms with desirable views, corner rooms, rooms on high floors, rooms with special amenities, or rooms on Executive Floors, as identified by each property. Upgrades exclude executive suites, villas and specialty accommodations (which may include, but not limited to, "Vista" and "Villa" accommodation types), subject to the discretion of the hotel. Group reservations and certain rates are not eligible for complimentary upgrades. All upgrades are granted on a space-available basis for the entire stay, as determined at the time of check-in. Preferred rooms are identified by each individual property and may vary within each brand. Upgrades will be given only for one room for the member, regardless of additional rooms the member may have purchased at or after the time of booking. The following brands do not offer complimentary upgrades: Embassy Suites™, Hilton Garden Inn®, Hampton Inn & Suites®, Homewood Suites by Hilton®, Home2 Suites by Hilton®, and Hilton Grand Vacations®.
Got it. Thats mean this property are stingy giving "may include" benefits to guest based on the reply by GM above. Am I right?
Old Jul 21, 2014, 9:28 am
jxd

Yes, it is in the T&C

Well, the t&c did say that upgrades may include executive rooms, not only a one-level upgrade. I'm inclined to agree with Putra about the hotel being stingy with upgrade. That said, I'll still be willing to give the hotel a go, for its only 5k points a night. Afaik the dt at kul gives lounge access to most gold members.
Old Jul 21, 2014, 9:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Got it. Thats mean this property are stingy giving "may include" benefits to guest based on the reply by GM above. Am I right?
Stingy? Well that is one interpretation. Following the HHonors rules is another. If you want to guarantee a room on the exec floor, you should book that rate. Everything else, including checking boxes on Nor1, is a gamble.
Old Jul 21, 2014, 9:35 am
jxd

Stingy? Well that is one interpretation. Following the HHonors rules is another. If you want to guarantee a room on the exec floor, you should book that rate. Everything else, including checking boxes on Nor1, is a gamble.
But having rooms and not upgrading gold/diamond isn't exactly a nice gesture. I accept if the rooms are full and unable to upgrade. But if there are empty rooms, why not give an upgrade? Plus, an executive lounge upgrade from nor1 is 80rm, approx us$30. It's not alot to ask a hotel to upgrade a guest to a $30 more per night room ain't it

Again, it's not about the money, it's about treatment of gold/diamond members.
Old Jul 21, 2014, 9:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jxd
Well, the t&c did say that upgrades may include executive rooms, not only a one-level upgrade. I'm inclined to agree with Putra about the hotel being stingy with upgrade. That said, I'll still be willing to give the hotel a go, for its only 5k points a night. Afaik the dt at kul gives lounge access to most gold members.
DT Kul has nothing to do with it. If executive floor is important to you, then book a rate that includes access. Otherwise you could just end up moping about how stingy the hotel is for the entire stay while other guests enjoy the executive lounge. Upgrades are not guaranteed. As you say for 5,000 points, it is likely a bargain, exec floor or not.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.