Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Johor Bahru {MYS}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Johor Bahru {MYS}

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2014, 12:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by gummibar
Let's organize an informal staycation cum FT meet sometime this year at DT JB?

Possible dates anyone?

What about National Day?

Who interested in going please register with gummibar.

I can confirm the staycation deal PR42WP is loaded BUT you have to book 2 day stay. Problem is whether you get lounge access as well.

Last edited by InvestorTiger; Jul 14, 2014 at 12:55 am
Old Jul 14, 2014, 1:15 am
jxd

Originally Posted by InvestorTiger
What about National Day?

Who interested in going please register with gummibar.

I can confirm the staycation deal PR42WP is loaded BUT you have to book 2 day stay. Problem is whether you get lounge access as well.
PR42WP brings the room rate up to almost 400rm per night including taxes. Not a price I would pay for a hotel in johor. The normal rates are about 250rm including taxes. I think 150rm for breakfast for 2 and a tin of cookies isn't worth that extra money, especially for gold and diamond members. If you're not gold or diamond you'll probably not get lounge access.. unless you book an executive room.

I'm hoping for an upgrade and or lounge access as gold.
Old Jul 14, 2014, 1:16 am
jxd

Bring gf or family??
Friend. just a short getaway
Old Jul 14, 2014, 4:47 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jxd
Friend. just a short getaway

Great.. Do you guys drink alcohol? Since gummibar is a diamond member, can we get his assistance to contact the property to affirm that gold members get the lounge access then perhaps we can take up his suggestion of having a staycation on National Day in JB.

Who else is interested?

Last edited by InvestorTiger; Jul 14, 2014 at 4:57 am
Old Jul 14, 2014, 6:05 am

Originally Posted by jxd
Yup, SIN too! I go to johor almost every month cause it's way cheaper over there! It's gonna be my first time overnight there though, usually I'll head to Malacca if I'm staying for a night or two. I'm actually waiting for the Doubletree Malacca to open
u all use LINE?? if yes, i will create one chat group....

anyway u all can add my line:shinkun_cedric
Old Jul 14, 2014, 7:41 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
I can't make it on National Day weekend though...going to BKK.

Lets meet on LINE chat group to discuss about this.
Old Jul 17, 2014, 4:01 am
jxd

Is [email protected] the email of the hotel? No response for quite awhile..
Old Jul 17, 2014, 4:03 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jxd
Is [email protected] the email of the hotel? No response for quite awhile..

What u need to know? We can assist u
Old Jul 17, 2014, 8:02 am
jxd

What u need to know? We can assist u
I just wanted to email the hotel asking about comp upgrades for gold and lounge access

Thanks anyway!

Edit: Just saw your review on TripAdvisor. Is treatment of elite members really that poor? Hmmm..
Old Jul 17, 2014, 8:13 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jxd
I just wanted to email the hotel asking about comp upgrades for gold and lounge access

Thanks anyway!

Edit: Just saw your review on TripAdvisor. Is treatment of elite members really that poor? Hmmm..

I only said they needed better recognition only. You go try once then u come back and tell us good or not
Old Jul 17, 2014, 7:30 pm

Going to there again on 6th Aug...too bad, im free on weekdays only..haha
Old Jul 20, 2014, 7:41 pm
jxd

No executive lounge access for gold.

Dear x,

Thank you for your email. As Hilton HHonors member we value your loyalty.

To assist in future, I attach a link below where you can check your benefits;

http://hhonors3.hilton.com/en/explor...its/index.html

As outlined in your benefits, I can answer your questions as follows;

Room upgrade: as you have booked a Guest Room, you will be entitled to an upgrade to the next room category, which is Deluxe. If you wanted to obtain an upgrade to the Executive level, you could pay the RM 50++ to upgrade to deluxe and this would then give you an automatic upgrade to the Executive level

Room Type and preference: you have booked a twin double bedded room. I will ask Reservations to update your request for non smoking and high floor. We will look to place you on the Hilton HHonors floor, which is the highest non Executive floor

Check Out time: as a Hilton HHonors Gold member, you are entitled to a late check out. This is best confirmed at the time of check in when we know the level of arriving guests on the day of your departure.

Breakfast: This will depend on how you have selected your “My Way” benefits in your Hilton HHonors profile. You can check this on-line by logging on to the HH profile. Again, if you pay the upgrade to deluxe and we then upgrade you to Executive level, breakfast would also be included.

Let us know if we can assist further.

regards

Simon McGrath General Manager
Based on their website, there is almost no difference between the regular "guest room" and deluxe room other than the view?
Guest Rooms:
Feel at home in a comfortable guest room, decorated in natural light wood tones and equipped with modern amenities including a spacious work area, WiFi, a 40” HDTV with cable channels and a mini-bar. Refresh in the stylish bathroom, which features a walk-in shower and a unique, glass feature wall in the shower, flooding the bathroom with natural light.

Deluxe Guest Rooms:
Enjoy the striking view over the Straits of Johor from your Deluxe guest room, decorated in natural light wood tones and equipped with modern amenities including a spacious work area, WiFi, a 40-inch HDTV with cable channels and a mini-bar. Refresh in the stylish bathroom, which features a walk-in shower and a unique, glass feature wall in the shower, flooding the bathroom with natural light.
Question is: Should i pay the 50rm++ upgrade if i want lounge access or hope for the best?
Old Jul 20, 2014, 7:47 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
I think on paper, they play by the rules. However, if you ask nicely when you check in, they may upgrade you.

I was in a similar situation for Hilton Singapore. When I checked in, I kindly asked whether I was upgraded to an Executive floor (as a gold), initially the receptionist said no...then i gave a sad-ish face and commented "oh" and the receptionist kinda got the message that i wasn't too pleased. He then did some changes and offered me an executive floor room...So...just give it a try and see whether you are lucky!
Old Jul 20, 2014, 7:50 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jxd
No executive lounge access for gold.

Based on their website, there is almost no difference between the regular "guest room" and deluxe room other than the view?

Question is: Should i pay the 50rm++ upgrade if i want lounge access or hope for the best?

Just pay la...... 20 sing onli mah
Old Jul 20, 2014, 9:41 pm

Programs: BW Diamond, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, Priority Club Plat Ambassador, Club Carlson Gold, M&C Gold
The e-standby upgrade is only rm37+ to deluxe room. This may be the cheaper option to upgrade to exec room for Golds.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.