Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Conrad Pezula {ZAF} (no longer Honors)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2013, 2:18 pm
Original Poster

I searched this forum, cannot find a thread dedicated to this hotel. Has anyone stayed? Any reviews of how they treat Diamond HHonors Members? Would appreciate any recent reviews since they converted to a Conrad.

http://conradhotels3.hilton.com/en/h...RCI/index.html

Thank you,

PedroNY

Last edited by PedroNY; Sep 16, 2013 at 12:21 pm
Old Sep 14, 2013, 4:57 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, 2 MM, HHonors Diamond
I'll be staying at the Conrad Pezula in March. It would be great to read a trip report before then, if not I will post a report when I return.
Old Nov 6, 2013, 1:31 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador Elite
Are there any recent experiences at this property? I will have a five night stay in December and would love to know what to expect Any chances to get upgraded as a Diamond on a reward stay?
Old Nov 24, 2013, 9:46 am

Does anyone know if it is possible to use the free weekend night certs here? The property does not appear to be on the exclusions list (though I've had to rely on the list posted by bloggers, since the HHonors site with the exclusions list appears to be down) but it appears to be an all-suite property, which makes me think you could not use the weekend certs. Any insight?
Old Nov 25, 2013, 1:11 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
I stayed here in August while driving the garden route CPT to PLZ (I did it in two days). Interesting property that is nestled away off the main road. The drive to it is a bit odd- going thru some residential areas, not exactly clear, but with a GPS was successful. There is signage to keep you on track, and speedbumps to slow you down too.

Checkin was very 'hands on'. They ask if you'd like a welcome drink (I had some port that was later in the main lobby) and checked in no problem. Valet only- and they insisted on using a golf cart to drive us to our room (just 3-4 bungalows down from the lobby)

No special elite recognition as a Gold unfortunately. Not sure what is standard at a Conrad (first visit at one) but was welcoming anyway.

The room was a resortish feel - decent size with a great bathroom and nice amenities. I was on the ground floor so views were slightly obscured- and there are warning signs about the wildlife.

I enjoyed the fireplace they had- there was a note to call housekeeping and they'd light it for you, but as a Boy Scout it was no challenge Ended up burning all the wood in the room. Found more outside later in the morning (right outside the room).

Since its rather far from the city we ate dinner there. Quite reasonable in cost for the specials, although there is an extravagant & expensive multi course menu available as well. It was a slower experience but nice. They did ask our room when we were seated, not just for billing the room, but it seems they gave housekeeping a heads up- as there was a turndown service- with blinds closed, toiletries resupplied, etc.

Pool is outdoors in the front- and its not heated or I'd of taken a dip.

Didn't get to spend much time on the grounds- there is a nice looking beach they have a shuttle to- but we had an early start the next morning.

Overall an interesting property.
Old Nov 25, 2013, 3:44 am
Suspended

Programs: SQ TPPS, EK Gold, IHG RA, Marriott Gold Hyatt Diamond, HHonors Gold, UA Premier Gold, TG Silver
Originally Posted by beckoa
Ended up burning all the wood in the room.
I had a mental picture of you piling chairs, the bed, chest of drawers on to the fire

Sounds like a good option; I usually travel to CPT once a year on business, so will give this a try next time.
Old Nov 25, 2013, 11:07 am

Programs: BA KL LH Hilton Marriott
What is it that they don't heat pools in South Africa? I have been to the country many times and stayed in great hotels with lovely pools - always icy. I have never done any more than dipped my toes in.
Old Nov 25, 2013, 12:29 pm

Originally Posted by sbams
What is it that they don't heat pools in South Africa? I have been to the country many times and stayed in great hotels with lovely pools - always icy. I have never done any more than dipped my toes in.
I was just thinking the same thing. I am planning my first trip there - and sever reports (from different properties) register the same complaint / observation that the pool is unheated. Very strange.

While a bit off topic - I would be curious if anyone has an experience with this property compared to the Hyatt Regency Oubaai Golf Resort & Spa. I'm looking to stop at one or the other along the garden route. Curious if anyone has any insight comparing the two. Thanks in advance!
Old Nov 25, 2013, 12:59 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, UA Silver, HHDmd, MBvLTPLT, PCAmb/Dmd, HYT Dis
I stayed at the Conrad Pezula back in January. Mentioned it in this thread on the garden route.

I do not have any status with Hilton but felt like I did - the staff was very welcoming and took care of everything I needed. Rooms were very nice.
Old Feb 2, 2014, 1:00 pm

Anyone been able to find a decent trip report on this property?

I have two nights booked here in September. Like many here, I like a bit of a preview . . .

TIA!
Old Jun 23, 2014, 12:30 pm

Anyone with more recent experience here?

Specifically curious what sort of diamond recognition there is on a points reservation. I am booked into a "Twin Junior Deluxe Suite" but not really sure what to expect with this room. Really wanted a King but none available at the base redemption level. Have an option to upgrade to a "King Junior Superior Suite" but wouldn't bother if I would at least get a room with a King bed either way.

Thanks for any feedback.
Old Jun 26, 2014, 11:29 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by CFFrost
Anyone with more recent experience here?

Specifically curious what sort of diamond recognition there is on a points reservation. I am booked into a "Twin Junior Deluxe Suite" but not really sure what to expect with this room. Really wanted a King but none available at the base redemption level. Have an option to upgrade to a "King Junior Superior Suite" but wouldn't bother if I would at least get a room with a King bed either way.

Thanks for any feedback.
The twins are very close together...its nearly a King after all

Was a bit awkward...
Old Jun 27, 2014, 5:39 am

Stayed here in December 2013 for 5 nights on points - great property. Booked the lowest category and received a junior deluxe suite (as Diamond). Breakfast is great and was free as a diamond member.

Definately go down to the beach at Pezula Castle. Totally quiet and great landscape. I think they offer a complementarty shuttle, but we went with our rental car.

Only negative point: one night we came back from dinner (around 11:30 pm) and the door to our suite was wide open! I was complainging at front desk and received an excuse from the GM next day (per mail as he was not in town). No other form of compensation was offered - I didn't want to ruin my holiday/wast any time so I didn't follow up on this issue.

Let me know if you have any other question...

Diamond perks (on points reservation):
Free Breakfast, Upgrade to junior deluxe suite, nice bottle of red wine & some snacks/sweets in the room when we arrived
Old Jun 27, 2014, 10:19 am

Originally Posted by beckoa
The twins are very close together...its nearly a King after all

Was a bit awkward...
Good to know. Trying to avoid that outcome - assuming they could at least accommodate me in the same room category with a different bed type, but trying to decide if it is worth paying for the upgrade.

Originally Posted by zemb
Stayed here in December 2013 for 5 nights on points - great property. Booked the lowest category and received a junior deluxe suite (as Diamond). Breakfast is great and was free as a diamond member.

Definately go down to the beach at Pezula Castle. Totally quiet and great landscape. I think they offer a complementarty shuttle, but we went with our rental car.

Only negative point: one night we came back from dinner (around 11:30 pm) and the door to our suite was wide open! I was complainging at front desk and received an excuse from the GM next day (per mail as he was not in town). No other form of compensation was offered - I didn't want to ruin my holiday/wast any time so I didn't follow up on this issue.

Let me know if you have any other question...

Diamond perks (on points reservation):
Free Breakfast, Upgrade to junior deluxe suite, nice bottle of red wine & some snacks/sweets in the room when we arrived
Thanks for your insight. I do think that the Junior Deluxe Suite is the lowest category room - but they have "Twin" or "King" Junior Deluxe Suites.

I had a similar issue at an SPG property in Europe once where the lock on our door broke. It was bad because we couldn't comfortably leave the property until we were either relocated or the lock was fixed. After waiting several hours for them to try to "fix" the lock, they final reaccomodated us in a suite - but we lost almost an entire day of our trip!
Old Jul 1, 2014, 1:27 am

Originally Posted by CFFrost

Thanks for your insight. I do think that the Junior Deluxe Suite is the lowest category room - but they have "Twin" or "King" Junior Deluxe Suites.
That's true. I mixed up deluxe and superior. We had a reservation for the dexluxe junior suite and received an superior junior suite - so kind of an upgrade. But I really liked the rooms: large, nice interior, great views and especially the fireplace was a nice feature

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.