Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Conrad Pezula {ZAF} (no longer Honors)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Conrad Pezula {ZAF} (no longer Honors)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2018, 7:30 pm

Programs: QFF LTG , HHD
It's reported in the properties joining and leaving sticky in this forum that it ceased to be a Conrad on June 1.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/29813427-post722.html

The post seems to indicate that the property is still operating. I know some didn't like it for various reasons but I thought it was great and had three good stays there.
Old Jun 5, 2018, 7:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by turtlemichael
It's reported in the properties joining and leaving sticky in this forum that it ceased to be a Conrad on June 1.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/29813427-post722.html

The post seems to indicate that the property is still operating. I know some didn't like it for various reasons but I thought it was great and had three good stays there.
It's not that I didn't like the property: it's that its price was 2x what it should have been given the unbelievable value of most South African lodging. I honestly think most flyertalkers are better off with this place gone so they'll now have to make better lodging choices! It's a bit like Bali. Folks go to the chain resorts in Nusa Dua because they have points and status when they should be renting villas elsewhere.
Old Jun 5, 2018, 7:50 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by iahphx
It's not that I didn't like the property: it's that its price was 2x what it should have been given the unbelievable value of most South African lodging. I honestly think most flyertalkers are better off with this place gone so they'll now have to make better lodging choices! It's a bit like Bali. Folks go to the chain resorts in Nusa Dua because they have points and status when they should be renting villas elsewhere.
The truth is that people like different things. The vast majority of properties in SA are in a style and design that I dislike. When I go on holiday I like to stay at properties that I find, among other criteria, design conscious and pleasing to my eyes.
turtlemichael likes this.
Old Jun 5, 2018, 4:00 pm

Programs: BA KL LH Hilton Marriott
Originally Posted by iahphx
I, for one, don't like to be told what I "should be" doing. I have thoroughly enjoyed both the Conrad Pezula and the Conrad Bali. They are my kind of hotels. I am not a lover of boutique hotels and B&B's, although I do agree that they can occasionally surprise me. Each to their own.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.