FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Conrad Pezula {ZAF} (no longer Honors)
View Single Post
Old Jun 27, 2014, 10:19 am
CFFrost

Originally Posted by beckoa
The twins are very close together...its nearly a King after all

Was a bit awkward...
Good to know. Trying to avoid that outcome - assuming they could at least accommodate me in the same room category with a different bed type, but trying to decide if it is worth paying for the upgrade.

Originally Posted by zemb
Stayed here in December 2013 for 5 nights on points - great property. Booked the lowest category and received a junior deluxe suite (as Diamond). Breakfast is great and was free as a diamond member.

Definately go down to the beach at Pezula Castle. Totally quiet and great landscape. I think they offer a complementarty shuttle, but we went with our rental car.

Only negative point: one night we came back from dinner (around 11:30 pm) and the door to our suite was wide open! I was complainging at front desk and received an excuse from the GM next day (per mail as he was not in town). No other form of compensation was offered - I didn't want to ruin my holiday/wast any time so I didn't follow up on this issue.

Let me know if you have any other question...

Diamond perks (on points reservation):
Free Breakfast, Upgrade to junior deluxe suite, nice bottle of red wine & some snacks/sweets in the room when we arrived
Thanks for your insight. I do think that the Junior Deluxe Suite is the lowest category room - but they have "Twin" or "King" Junior Deluxe Suites.

I had a similar issue at an SPG property in Europe once where the lock on our door broke. It was bad because we couldn't comfortably leave the property until we were either relocated or the lock was fixed. After waiting several hours for them to try to "fix" the lock, they final reaccomodated us in a suite - but we lost almost an entire day of our trip!