Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Conrad Pezula {ZAF} (no longer Honors)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Conrad Pezula {ZAF} (no longer Honors)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2014, 11:05 am

Originally Posted by zemb
That's true. I mixed up deluxe and superior. We had a reservation for the dexluxe junior suite and received an superior junior suite - so kind of an upgrade. But I really liked the rooms: large, nice interior, great views and especially the fireplace was a nice feature
Great, thanks for the clarification.

That leaves me fairly confident that they would at least be able to accommodate a bed-type request, and would perhaps provide a modest upgrade.
Old Feb 9, 2015, 7:34 am

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Diamond
There is not much difference in the superior suite, I think location is more important. Golf course and ocean view are better than the other side.

Watch your folio, there were incorrect charges on mine, tips were increased and beverages doubled on a few restaurant charges.

New GM is in place and has made changes in breakfast, much smaller and less offerings.

They will open the gym for you if want access prior to 6am opening.

We went to the beach and castle on 2 separate days. The sewer smell at the castle is awful and for that reason I would never stay there.

Otherwise a great property and unique Conrad.
Old Jan 3, 2016, 8:56 pm

Programs: SAA Voyager, Hhonors Diamond, Club Carlson Gold Elite, Sixt Platinum
Honeymoon at Conrad Pezula

Good day

I am planning my Honeymoon at Conrad Pezula South Africa.
Plan to check in on 07 Feb 2016 and check out a week later.
I am a Hhonors Diamond member.
Any tips and tricks?
Can i get a reduced rate p/n somehow?

Tnx
Old Jan 3, 2016, 9:30 pm

Originally Posted by Mbelim
...I am planning my Honeymoon at Conrad Pezula South Africa.
Plan to check in on 07 Feb 2016 and check out a week later.
I am a Hhonors Diamond member.
Any tips and tricks?
Can i get a reduced rate p/n somehow? ..
Congratulations on the forthcoming wedding.

You have chosen a great spot for a honeymoon! Right now, the Winter Sale rates seem to be available for your planned dates of stay and I doubt whether any discount code would bring the rates lower than that. Perhaps you can locate a good cash back site and that might shave the cost a little.
Old Jan 27, 2016, 9:05 am

Programs: BMI Diamond Club refugee: BA-Br; HH-D
Brief TR

Well,

This place is a little off the beaten track - so not many FTers seem to have passed by...

But, though I just checked in today, initial impressions are it is worth a visit if travelling the Garden Route. It is quite an impressive and luxurious property, and felt up to the Conrad brand to me.

Check-in was a little odd - the agent tried to enrol me in HHonors... even though the booking she was processing was made though my HHonors account! Thereafter, no explanation of HH-D on-property amenities...

The allocated room seems to have been a 1-category upgrade from deluxe to superior. It's spacious and very nice. The bathroom is huge with a large walk-in shower, freestanding bath, 2 sinks and separate toilet. There is a kitchen area with a coffee maker, minibar etc near the entrance.

A few hours after arriving, a welcome gift appeared - bottle of merlot, some nuts and some dried fruit - look good!

Will aim to update after a few days here, but thought I'd commit a few words to a post here in case I forget - because of the general lack of data on this property.

I summary, so far: a great property, slightly off the beaten track, with service that has yet to prove itself.

... and apologies for my very poor quality photos.
Attached Images    
Old Jan 27, 2016, 10:10 am

Programs: Holder of six "persona non-grata" awards
Looks nice. I just returned from a week stay in Cape Town (first trip to SA). I didn't have time to venture east towards the Garden Route, etc. Someday I would like to return, and I had planned on staying here. Looking forward to your full report. ^

Originally Posted by diamond club freeloader
Well,

This place is a little off the beaten track - so not many FTers seem to have passed by...

But, though I just checked in today, initial impressions are it is worth a visit if travelling the Garden Route. It is quite an impressive and luxurious property, and felt up to the Conrad brand to me.

Check-in was a little odd - the agent tried to enrol me in HHonors... even though the booking she was processing was made though my HHonors account! Thereafter, no explanation of HH-D on-property amenities...

The allocated room seems to have been a 1-category upgrade from deluxe to superior. It's spacious and very nice. The bathroom is huge with a large walk-in shower, freestanding bath, 2 sinks and separate toilet. There is a kitchen area with a coffee maker, minibar etc near the entrance.

A few hours after arriving, a welcome gift appeared - bottle of merlot, some nuts and some dried fruit - look good!

Will aim to update after a few days here, but thought I'd commit a few words to a post here in case I forget - because of the general lack of data on this property.

I summary, so far: a great property, slightly off the beaten track, with service that has yet to prove itself.

... and apologies for my very poor quality photos.
Old Jun 4, 2017, 6:22 am

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, CC Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold, DL PM
I just completed a 1 night stay here. We were driving from Port Elizabeth to Cape Town and decided that this was a good stopping point. As it was winter, the hotel was not full. I booked the lowest level room for 14,000 points + cash. At checkin, we were upgraded to their "Presidential Suite" - on the website, it is listed as a one bedroom grand suite.

At check out, the hotel manager made a point of finding me, giving me his card and apologizing for not being on hand during check in. The hotel was lovely and I would like to go back and spend more time there. Alas, I will no longer have Diamond status, as it was a status match and I don't have enough stays to maintain it.
Old Jul 20, 2017, 8:26 am

Programs: SPG/MR Plat, HH Gold, UA Silver
Originally Posted by CFFrost
Great, thanks for the clarification.

That leaves me fairly confident that they would at least be able to accommodate a bed-type request, and would perhaps provide a modest upgrade.
Still hard to get a good gauge of the property - if you were in Cape Town and bouncing around Africa for a honeymoon, would you think it to be a nice stop for 3-5 nights? We would be in it for the views, beach, and relaxation.
Old Jul 20, 2017, 3:38 pm

Programs: QFF LTG , HHD
Originally Posted by forkknifespoon
Still hard to get a good gauge of the property - if you were in Cape Town and bouncing around Africa for a honeymoon, would you think it to be a nice stop for 3-5 nights? We would be in it for the views, beach, and relaxation.
Absolutely! We are heading back for our second visit early next year. It is a very good property.
Old Jan 12, 2018, 2:25 pm

Here for 2 nights in a few weeks.

Looking forward to it
Old Jan 20, 2018, 3:10 am

First time at a Conrad

Staying at a Conrad for the first time ever next week. 2 nights at the Conrad Pezula.

What should I expect compared to a Hilton? Will there be a discernable difference in service/rooms/etc?

I'm a status matched Diamond
Old Jan 20, 2018, 8:07 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond
https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Re...tern_Cape.html

Search their reviews for "diamond". There are 9 reviews from Diamond members sharing what their experience was.

Neil
Old Jan 20, 2018, 8:32 am

Programs: HHonors Lifetime Diamond, UA Million Miler Gold, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by shadowline
Staying at a Conrad for the first time ever next week. 2 nights at the Conrad Pezula.

What should I expect compared to a Hilton? Will there be a discernable difference in service/rooms/etc?

I'm a status matched Diamond
Yes, this will be a whole new experience for you. Amazing properties and amenities. I have not stayed at this property but as a whole, international Conrads are amazing
Old Jan 20, 2018, 10:08 am

Interesting thread; had never heard of this property. Looks very nice!
Old Jan 20, 2018, 11:32 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Gold
I've stayed at 3 Conrad's now, Singapore, Seoul, and New York. All were very nice with huge breakfasts included for Gold's and up. I stuffed myself at the Conrad in Seoul. The one in Pazula from the pictures looks pretty amazing though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.