Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hampton by Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol {NLD}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hampton by Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol {NLD}

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2018, 1:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: FB Platinum For Life, HH Diamond
Hoofddorp train station

Originally Posted by Sisosig
Would like to add that you could also take a train. From the underground Schiphol Airport station a "Sprinter" train will take you to Hoofddorp Station in 4 minutes. Hoofddorp is the next stop for all local trains headed towards The Hague / Leiden / Rotterdam. The Hampton hotel is in next to the Hoofddorp station. Trains run about every ten minutes, last train departs around 1:00 am.
Why don't they list this on the directions page of the hotel? The hotel is right next to the Hoofddorp train station which I only noticed after I had waited for 40 minutes for a shuttle that didn't arrive and wasted € 26 on a taxi to get to the hotel.
Old Apr 21, 2018, 1:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: FB Platinum For Life, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by fb175091
Why don't they list this on the directions page of the hotel? The hotel is right next to the Hoofddorp train station which I only noticed after I had waited for 40 minutes for a shuttle that didn't arrive and wasted € 26 on a taxi to get to the hotel.
After my first annoyed reaction: I think that the proximity of the train station is one of the biggest assets of this hotel. It means that even though it is not near the city centre of Amsterdam, the city is very easy to reach. I booked a number of additional stays later this year (and won't repeat my error of waiting for the shuttle but take the train right away).
redpalmetto likes this.
Old Sep 13, 2018, 9:55 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Does anyone remember what time breakfast is ready here?
Old Sep 13, 2018, 12:08 pm

Programs: HH D
6:00 o'clock, weekends maybe later.
Old May 17, 2019, 2:14 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

OK hotel but can be overpriced

Hampton by Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol

Neptunusstraat 1 Hoofddorp, NL 2132 JA

OK hotel but can be overpriced (8 Photos)

Hampton by Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol

I have stayed at this property numerous times before but it was mainly for convenience to the airport for early morning flights.  This round I stayed at this property mainly for access to Amsterdam.  This is a 2 night stay.

The hotel is located very close to the Hoofddorp train station (a 5 mins ride from Schiphol) and the city center of Hoofddorp is about 15 mins walk from the hotel.  They do provide a shuttle every 20-40 mins to Schiphol. This is a shuttle shared by the Holiday Inn express and the Crowne Plaza.  It takes approx 20-30 mins from the hotel to the airport as it passes through the other 2 hotels.  It is faster on the way from the airport to hotel as it is the first stop.

For those that want to avoid the transfer, there is also every 30 mins a train between the station and Amsterdam Central station.  The station is quite convenient for trains to the south of north of the area.

hilt_shuttle.jpg

Check In

Arrived late afternoon directly with the train and since this was not with the shuttle, the check-in area was not too busy and was helped after a couple of minutes.  I had expected it to be a fast process since I already did an online check-in.  However still they wanted to see the credit card on file and ID (ID I can understand to verify the identity before giving the key, but credit card ...).  What I also do not understand is why the hotel even with the NFC locks still have not introduce digital keys as yet.  

Anyway, as a HH member, I was given 2 bottles of water.  [the hotel seem to be good at recruiting new HH members by these free bottle of water - during my stay and while waiting at the area, seeing lots of guests being told about this and they sign up - I guess quantity is better than quality]

Check-in staff were ok - just performing what was needed.

Room

I had chosen the room during online check-in. It was slightly deceiving from the online graphic of the size of the room, as it looked to be a larger room compared to the others, but I guess it was just the same.  

The room was located on the other wing of the hotel (facing the side road instead of the main road).  Noise isolation from outside was ok.  Since it was a corner room at the end of the hallway, there was also very little traffic so not too much disturbance from the hallway.  Noise between walls were also quite good - did not hear anything from the next room (I knew it was occupied). In general sleep quality was good.

Room size was ok, it was on the smaller side - ok if you don't have to spend to much time in the room.  The room was decorated in a simple way with airport related views/planes.  There was a long desk - which is basically the only desk for work, storage, eating, etc.   

The room had coffee/tea making facilities, ironing facilities and a safe in the bed side table.  The wardrobe was on the smaller side - built into the wall and the wardrobe door was also the door for the bathroom.

Bathroom size was ok with a walk in shower.  As usual at Hampton Inn's, toiletries are the pump size version affixed to the wall.  Water temperature control was ok, however pressure was on the lower side.  Other than that, it was a basic bathroom but functional.

The TV was on the smaller side with quite a variety of local and international options.  Internet seems to be complimentary for all - with stable and ok speed.  The room temperature control worked and again with a tolerable fan noise even at the higher settings.  

1_Hil_bath.jpg1_hil_bed1.jpg1_hil_bed2.jpg1_Hil_bed3.jpg1_Hil_bed4.jpg

Breakfast

Breakfast is served down at the bar/lounge area next to the check-in area.  seems that the quality and variety of the breakfast did not change much since it was opened about 3-4 years ago.  The breakfast area does get rather crowded and when occupancy of the hotel is high, the refilling of the items can take some time and also noticed that some items will be missing.  Luckily the bar/lounge area is big, so seating is not always a big issue unless sitting in proximity is an issue.  

In the evening this area is the dining area where you can order a limited number bar type like food, e.g burgers, fries, etc and lounge around the bar.

Hil_bar1.jpgHil_bar2.jpg

Overall

All in all, an ok property.  However during peak season (especially in during the Spring and Summer season), the price of the hotel can get quite high making it not really worth the value.  I guess this is the main period where the hotel makes their profilt - nearly all hotels around the area will increase in price too during this period.  

The hotel seem to get regularly big buses of tourist and also used by quite a number of guests as their base for visiting Amstedam/area especially during peak periods.  

OK hotel but can be overpriced

Would you like to write a review on the Hampton by Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol?

No, thank you.
Yes
mnhusker likes this.
Old Aug 14, 2019, 5:25 am

Programs: OZ Diamond (*G), KQ Asante Gold (ST+), Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold
Stayed here recently and thought it was pretty much a cookie-cutter Hampton Inn. The room was exactly what you'd expect, plain and clean. Comfortable beds, shower had good water pressure. Sound insulation was very good. The lobby area was actually very nice, and done in a living room style, the way many newer Hamptons are designing their lobbies. There were even some books one could borrow to read.

Breakfast was really poor, don't even bother. I had always thought that European Hamptons had better breakfast than the US ones, but this one was like the latter. Staff were excellent, and handed out water bottles any time we asked, which was a nice touch. There is no ice machine, but the staff can give you ice from the bar if you ask.

Shuttle leaves around 1-2 times an hour, it is shared with the Holiday Inn and Crowne Plaza, and was on time.
It's a 5-minute walk to the Hoofddorp Train Station, and about 30 minutes from there to Amsterdam Centraal.
Old Feb 26, 2020, 1:53 pm

Queen corner room w/ sofa bed

Interesting setup. More or less a junior suite.

Old Sep 20, 2020, 2:09 am

Hi,
Just completed a 1 night stay at this property at the Dream Away rate. Since I've reviewed this property already a couple of time, just providing a quick review of the property.
Check-in:
I did an online check-in the day before and I was surprised I was able to select what seems to be the larger rooms (in all my previous stays, never been upgraded nor had the possibility to select these rooms) - which seems to be mainly available on the 5th floor (the highest floor). I selected room 520. Since the hotel has no digital key, I still had to drop by the reception the next day - arrived around 1pm. Sadly I was informed that my selected room was not ready. I was ok to get another room but also asked if it'll be the same size, I was surprisingly told that all rooms are the same size (which is NOT). Was appointed room 502 instead which is the usual size room. Was certainly not happy with this, but not wanting to be fussy especially in current times where you have these "sealed" rooms, just stuck with it. But quite dissapointed that I was somewhat "give false information". I did walk later to the location of these larger rooms and they are indeed much bigger as the separation between room doors are obvious. Anyway, at the during check-in was given my free bottle of water.

Breakfast:
Breakfast in current pandemic times was the same as my last experience at the Hampton Inn Amsterdam Bijlmer - breakfast packages were distributed. However one positive point compared to the Bijlmer property is that they do service hot food (baked beans, sausages and boiled eggs (although thie egg seems to be on request only)). However compared to the Hampton property in Aachen (which had full open buffet), this is still on the poorer side.

Hot options at the hotel in current pandemic times.

Compared to the Bijlmer property - I felt that customer service level at the Bijlmer property to be slightly better. Also the Bijlmer property seemed to have better recognition for Elite members - where I was offered a welcome drink voucher, while at this Schiphol property (which I remembered they did previously) did not. I did ask about this later in the evening and was told that they don't provide it, but I could swap my points option to the selection from the pantry, which I did (was not offered this option at check-in) and even this was done quite reluctantly especially when I was first given 1 beer and when I asked for 2 (since I was 2 to the room) was reluctantly given the 2nd can.
Do take note that also in current situation there's no complimentary shuttle from the airport. (not an issue for me).
Also found that room cleaning was not that thorough as I found in the room here and there some sort of those rubber beads (like those from the hot oil capsule for the hair). Actually am not sure what or house cleaning staff cleans the room, but after entering my room and the room next to mine was being cleaned, it seemed like they were demolishing the room instead of cleaning it - heard numerous large thuds again the wall and metal (trash can?) being placed with forced back on the floor/wall.

Cheers!
mcgahat likes this.
Old Dec 7, 2021, 12:47 pm

Airport Transfers - how do you read this?

The Hampton at Schiphol used to offer a free shuttle between the airport and the hotel, which they have now discontinued. However, this is what their website says TODAY.

Note the blue box in the middle column, which has the text FREE OF CHARGE just above "Departure Times".

How do you read this? Would I be wrong in interpreting this to mean while they have discontinued their scheduled transfers, the hotel would arrange ad hoc transfers free of charge for their guests?

Incidentally a round-trip taxi fare would cost a little more than the room rate charged at the hotel!
Old Dec 7, 2021, 1:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

From tripadvisor commments it suggests that a train station is close by with one stop to Schiphol.

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_...a.html#REVIEWS

I would contact the hotel directly to see what they offer ( ie a free train ticket?)

Regards

TBS
Old Dec 7, 2021, 2:30 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver; AerClub Silver, Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by puchong
The Hampton at Schiphol used to offer a free shuttle between the airport and the hotel, which they have now discontinued. However, this is what their website says TODAY.

Note the blue box in the middle column, which has the text FREE OF CHARGE just above "Departure Times".

How do you read this? Would I be wrong in interpreting this to mean while they have discontinued their scheduled transfers, the hotel would arrange ad hoc transfers free of charge for their guests?

Incidentally a round-trip taxi fare would cost a little more than the room rate charged at the hotel!
I've been few times at this Hampton; they used to have a shuttle bus shared with two other hotels in the area. It wasn't very fast and it was discontinued in early 2020. Trains run very frequently and are quite convenient. Last time I was there early this year, a single ticket was just over 2 euro. The trip to the hotel it's easy if you travel light. Train station at the airport is located below the arrival hall and the one close to the hotel is just across the street.
If you are considering the taxi however, you probably are better off staying at the Hilton connected to he airport.
Old Dec 11, 2021, 11:54 am

Programs: KLM Plat for Life , BA Gold, HH Silver, (Other half Diamond), IHG Gold
Staying here again for three nights booked as three separate but consecutive bookings .
No shuttle but the train is so convenient . Instead of leaving the station by the main entrance you can walk all the way along the platform to an exit right at the end , down a few steps and the Hampton is directly across the road .
It’s very very quiet . Great staff . Room 508 so we can watch the planes . Huge amount of building at the back of the hotel currently .
I have attached a room floor map which is much more accurate than the online one .
A very reasonable breakfast for which you are asked to book a time slot
All day coffee and tea help yourself and crockery

etc.
As golds they have given us a mini bottle of wine and a snack each day and still given us the bonus points . They seem to be crediting each night separately.
Asked for a late check out and given until 1600

For 61 euros a night it’s excellent value
Old Dec 11, 2021, 12:04 pm

Originally Posted by simonsmith
As golds they have given us a mini bottle of wine and a snack each day and still given us the bonus points . They seem to be crediting each night separately.
Asked for a late check out and given until 1600

For 61 euros a night it’s excellent value
This is interesting on the wine and snack. I stayed here 1 night recently and as a Diamond, nada...as expected. I had once years ago did receive this additional drink/snack, but that was once in the many times I've stayed at this property. (I did once asked about this - and received quite a sarcastic response - either points or the snack (and this was just selecting one of the items from the pantry options)
Makes me wonder if this is a lottery of who you get as the check-in agent.

To me this is one of the worst Hampton Inn in the Netherlands - only reason I still return is because of the cheap rate and best option for Hilton hotels close to the airport.

Cheers!
Old Dec 11, 2021, 12:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Room 513 looks premium?
Old Dec 11, 2021, 1:42 pm

Originally Posted by hugolover
Room 513 looks premium?
It's a queen corner room with sofa bed. Usually commands a slight premium in price, and may be worth it for the extra space for some. I tend to stay on the other side of the building (e.g. rooms 506-520 in simonsmith's floor plan) as they are away from any (train)traffic in front of the hotel.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.