FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hampton by Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol {NLD}
Old Sep 20, 2020, 2:09 am
nldogbert

Hi,
Just completed a 1 night stay at this property at the Dream Away rate. Since I've reviewed this property already a couple of time, just providing a quick review of the property.
Check-in:
I did an online check-in the day before and I was surprised I was able to select what seems to be the larger rooms (in all my previous stays, never been upgraded nor had the possibility to select these rooms) - which seems to be mainly available on the 5th floor (the highest floor). I selected room 520. Since the hotel has no digital key, I still had to drop by the reception the next day - arrived around 1pm. Sadly I was informed that my selected room was not ready. I was ok to get another room but also asked if it'll be the same size, I was surprisingly told that all rooms are the same size (which is NOT). Was appointed room 502 instead which is the usual size room. Was certainly not happy with this, but not wanting to be fussy especially in current times where you have these "sealed" rooms, just stuck with it. But quite dissapointed that I was somewhat "give false information". I did walk later to the location of these larger rooms and they are indeed much bigger as the separation between room doors are obvious. Anyway, at the during check-in was given my free bottle of water.

Breakfast:
Breakfast in current pandemic times was the same as my last experience at the Hampton Inn Amsterdam Bijlmer - breakfast packages were distributed. However one positive point compared to the Bijlmer property is that they do service hot food (baked beans, sausages and boiled eggs (although thie egg seems to be on request only)). However compared to the Hampton property in Aachen (which had full open buffet), this is still on the poorer side.

Hot options at the hotel in current pandemic times.

Compared to the Bijlmer property - I felt that customer service level at the Bijlmer property to be slightly better. Also the Bijlmer property seemed to have better recognition for Elite members - where I was offered a welcome drink voucher, while at this Schiphol property (which I remembered they did previously) did not. I did ask about this later in the evening and was told that they don't provide it, but I could swap my points option to the selection from the pantry, which I did (was not offered this option at check-in) and even this was done quite reluctantly especially when I was first given 1 beer and when I asked for 2 (since I was 2 to the room) was reluctantly given the 2nd can.
Do take note that also in current situation there's no complimentary shuttle from the airport. (not an issue for me).
Also found that room cleaning was not that thorough as I found in the room here and there some sort of those rubber beads (like those from the hot oil capsule for the hair). Actually am not sure what or house cleaning staff cleans the room, but after entering my room and the room next to mine was being cleaned, it seemed like they were demolishing the room instead of cleaning it - heard numerous large thuds again the wall and metal (trash can?) being placed with forced back on the floor/wall.

Cheers!