FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hilton | Hilton Honors (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors-417/)
-   -   Hampton by Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol {NLD} (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors/1457919-hampton-hilton-amsterdam-airport-schiphol-nld.html)

fb175091 Apr 12, 2013 4:16 pm

Hampton by Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol {NLD}

Seems to be opening soon:

http://hamptoninn3.hilton.com/en/hot...AHX/index.html

Right next to Hoofddorp station (4 minutes by train from Schiphol with frequent trains).

HOOFDDORP - MPC Capital sluit voor haar kantoorgebouw aan de Neptunusstraat 1 te Hoofddorp een 25-jarige huurovereenkomst af met The Vincent Hotel Group/Dutch Hotel Partners. Het kantoorgebouw van circa 5200 m2 ligt op een zichtlocatie tegenover het NS station Hoofddorp. Het gebouw zal in zijn geheel worden omgebouwd tot een Hampton by Hilton Hotel met 181 kamers. Met de werkzaamheden is reeds afgelopen zomer begonnen en opening wordt verwacht in het tweede kwartaal van 2013.
(Source: makelaarsoverzicht.nl)

JDiver May 10, 2013 9:07 am

Seems to be available for bookings now (and there's a Hampton opening soon downtown on Arena Boulevard, separate thread).

Hampton by Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol
Neptunusstraat 1, Hoofddorp, 2132 JA, Netherlands TEL: 31-023-8200940 FAX: 31-023-8200941

6 km / 4 mi from AMS airport - no shuttle information given (see post above for rail station information)

HHonors Reward Category:4

Hotel Information
Check-in: 3:00 pm
Check-out: 12:00 pm
Smoking: Non-Smoking
Parking: Self parking: 15.00 € / Valet: Not Available
Pets: Service animals allowed: Yes / Pets allowed: No

At A Glance
a convenient base with great connections.

Welcome to the Hampton by Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol hotel. Conveniently located just five minutes from Amsterdam Airport Schiphol (AMS) and 20 minutes by train to Amsterdam’s vibrant city center, the hotel is perfect for stopovers, leisure breaks and business trips. Discover Amsterdam’s famous attractions including the canals, the house of Anne Frank and the Van Gogh Museum. Enjoy fantastic shopping at one of Holland’s biggest shopping centers, just a 15 minute walk away. Haarlem, The Hague and charming smaller Dutch Villages are also within easy reach of our hotel at Amsterdam Airport.

Make yourself comfortable in a contemporary guest room with thoughtful amenities for work and relaxation. Keep in touch with free high-speed internet access, work at the desk with ergonomic chair or use the handy lap desk to type away as you watch the 32-inch HDTV. The comfy bed ensures a great night’s sleep. Ideal for families, our junior suites feature more space and a sofa bed.

Prepare for a busy day with Hampton’s free hot breakfast, served each morning. There is also a restaurant serving international cuisine within walking distance of our hotel – ideal for lunch or dinner. It’s easy to maintain your exercise regime throughout your stay with the cardio machines in our free fitness center. Keep on top of work at the 24-hour business center or use our boardroom for small meetings of up to 10 guests.

About the Hotel
Hotel Facts
  • Ideally located only five minutes from Amsterdam Airport Schiphol (AMS)
  • Easy access to the cities of Amsterdam, The Hague and Haarlem
  • 181 guest rooms, suites and accessible rooms
  • Boardroom and 24-hour business center
  • 100% Hampton by Hilton™ Guarantee
  • Rooms & Suites
Included in Every Stay
  • Free hot breakfast
  • Comfy bed
  • Free high-speed internet access in every room
  • Gym/fitness center use

soy May 10, 2013 6:19 pm

Prices are decent also. Seems to be around the 100euro mark. Last month was at the courtyard and they are closer the 200euro mark, so if the hampton stays at these prices they will be very popular

CateyBeth May 21, 2013 9:02 pm

I stayed here about ten days ago. They're open, but not at all ready for business. I had so many problems that I should have invoked the 100% satisfaction guarantee. I posted an extensive review on TripAdvisor.

Loved the location though. If the reviews improve I'd stay there again.

nldogbert Aug 6, 2013 2:14 am

Mini TR: Aug 2013

Hi,

Just had a one night stay here before an early AM flight.

Location: close to the Hoofdorp train station. Should be walkable even with large luggage. I did not take the train nor the shuttle since I had my own car. Parking looks to be free.

Check-in: All documents were prepared ahead of time. Welcome letter included. Friendly staff. Informed during the check-in that I will be leaving early and was surprised that they offered a take-away breakfast.

Room: Was allocated a room facing the train station and the AMS runway. Not the most spacious room, but to me it was sufficient. It is basically your typical Hampton Inn room format.

Bathroom/Toilet: Stand-in shower with dispenser type body shower, conditioner, shampoo. For me it was much better quality products compared to those found at HIExpress (my reference).

Breakfast: It is available from 0630 to 1030. Since I left early, I was given a take-away breakfast. It was a very fulfilling package with lots of small baguettes, croissant, OJ, yogurt, slices of cold cuts (ham and cheese), butter, jams, fruit, etc. One of the best take-away breakfast package I have gotten which in my opinion can be extended to a lunch package.

Wifi/TV: This was free throughout the hotel. Signal strength was good even in the room. TV channels in my opinion had a good variety of different programs and language.

Overall: I very good hotel not only for the airport, but for visitors to surrounding area, including Amsterdam for a reasonable price since the train service is frequent and runs till late in the night.

Recognition: As usual for all Hamptons Inn, no big extras. [I wonder if I should have gotten at least a bottle of water? - did not complain since you can drink water from the tap in NL and they had coffee/tea making facilities in the room provided]

Cheers!

docbert Aug 6, 2013 10:47 am

Originally Posted by nldogbert (Post 21222390)
Just had a one night stay here before an early AM flight.

I had a similar stay a few weeks ago. Mostly the same as your comments with a few exceptions.

Shuttle - I did use the shuttle. Runs every 30 mins, and is shared with the nearby HI Express. It's NOT very well marked - it's fully a HIE shuttle, with a small Hampton sign near the door, so could be easy to miss. The shuttle only starts at around 6am, which was too early for me getting to the airport, and the trains weren't running due to maintenance so I caught the bus (behind the train station).

Take-away breakfast - No croissant for me, but other similar.

Recognition - I didn't get given my bottles of water, but when I asked about them later they let me help myself to a few from their fridge.

flaii Oct 21, 2013 7:19 am

Just stayed here two nights mid-October using points+money and thought I'd share a quick review.

- Access to public transport: very good - if you use the entrance/exit of Hoofddorp Station opposite of the "main" entrance, you're diagonally across the street from the hotel. You can see the hotel from the platform, so just walk to the exit in that direction.

- Room - large, comfortable, functional, with safe in the bedside table. Good aircon. Allocated a room according to what was in my HHonors preferences.

- Staff - friendly, even loaned me an umbrella when mine was stolen. But seemed really short-staffed in the morning when many tables were left uncleared at breakfast and in the evening with many check-ins when there was quite a wait to speak with someone.

- Breakfast - first time in non-US Hampton, and I really enjoyed the breakfast. The breads seemed fresh (probably delivered par-baked and finished baking in the hotel), there were cucumbers and tomato slices, packages of sliced cold cuts and cheese (including my favorite, komijnekaas, or cumin cheese), sausages, bacon, baked beans, several flavors of Activia, cereals. The thing that was similar to US properties was the "scrambled eggs" unfortunately which were just as processed-tasting and looking (it looks like dry, chopped up yellow cubes) as in the US.

- Shuttle was on-time, but be sure to make a reservation. I overheard the clerk saying that the 8am one was almost full, for example, but my shuttle at 10am only had one other passenger.

theblakefish Dec 14, 2013 10:45 am

Are there any dining options near this hotel - even a market or somewhere to grab a sandwich and/or beer?

This hotel looks to be a great option for an early-morning departure from AMS - especially with the trains running every 5-10 minutes and a 4-minute journey to the airport station, but I am a bit worried about the food situation.

Thanks!

Sisosig Dec 14, 2013 3:55 pm

It's mainly a business park. You could take a trip to the airport (bus / train / shuttle). The public area of Schiphol airport has many shops, sandwich-shops, bars and restaurants. A medium sized super market with a large selection of international products and an annex liquor store are located just above the train station.

For a restaurant near the Hampton by Hilton, the most nearby option would be Restaurant l'Hirondelle, an eight minute walk. You could check for reviews in English on Google or Tripadvisor. Open 7 days a week, but the restaurant will be closed for renovations from Dec 21, 2013 until Jan 3, 2014. From here, walk another five minutes or so (past a lawn-tennis club) and you'll end up in the center of Hoofddorp with more options.

scubaccr Dec 15, 2013 5:23 am

Originally Posted by theblakefish (Post 21965273)
Are there any dining options near this hotel - even a market or somewhere to grab a sandwich and/or beer?

This hotel looks to be a great option for an early-morning departure from AMS - especially with the trains running every 5-10 minutes and a 4-minute journey to the airport station, but I am a bit worried about the food situation.

Thanks!

Free minibus shuttle runs half-hourly shared with nearby HIE and Crowne Plaza. I think Schiphol-Hotel is free BUT Hotel-Schiphol is 7euros. If you have eatly flight, then you need a taxi, as you'll need to be at airport before shuttle/trains run.
Hilton is diagonally 75m away across mainroad crossroads, if you leave train station at Sciphol end, not the far end. Trains are quicker at 10min trip, but can be half-hourly, so take the minibus

Same applies 100m up the road at IHG's HIE with no restaurant service just breakfast. At the HIE they allow us to ring locally for delivery to eat in ones room.

BUT
Also opposite HIE across the road is IHG Crowne Plaza with resaurant that is aok food wise, though not cheap, but then what hotel is cheap, say 300m from the Hilton.

If you have EARLY FLIGHT, it is no brainer... Stay at Hilton Schiphol, (not HGI ) Hilton is either covered walkway 10min walk from arrivals area or minibus outside. If pricey try codes PR13CB and PR09PN to reduce nightly rate.

docbert Dec 15, 2013 10:57 am

Originally Posted by scubaccr (Post 21968517)
Free minibus shuttle runs half-hourly shared with nearby HIE and Crowne Plaza. I think Schiphol-Hotel is free BUT Hotel-Schiphol is 7euros. If you have eatly flight, then you need a taxi, as you'll need to be at airport before shuttle/trains run.

Are you sure that they charge for the trip to the airport? Many hotels in the area do, but when I was there earlier in the year they most certainly did not charge in either direction, and their website still refers to there being a free shuttle bus.

The shuttle starts at 6am. Trains start at about 5:30am. If you need to get to the airport earlier there is also the option of a bus (leaves from the bus station at the far end of the train station) which run 24 hours, but is a bit of a hike to get to.

scubaccr Dec 15, 2013 11:25 am

Originally Posted by docbert (Post 21969780)
Are you sure that they charge for the trip to the airport? Many hotels in the area do, but when I was there earlier in the year they most certainly did not charge in either direction, and their website still refers to there being a free shuttle bus.

The shuttle starts at 6am. Trains start at about 5:30am. If you need to get to the airport earlier there is also the option of a bus (leaves from the bus station at the far end of the train station) which run 24 hours, but is a bit of a hike to get to.

Yes, all three have shared HIE FREE shuttle mininbus to the hotels , which meets the advertised FREE shuttle. I am confident all three charge return unless you get lucky. You are meant to pay hotel reception for a voucher to give to driver for return trip to Schiphol. Obviously free to hotels to draw you in, not put you off, it is then fait accompli for return, you can't exactly walk.

I needed to recheck each of the three hotels shuttle wording, but it is the same HIE logo'd minibus for the three hotels.
Only HIE mentions fee, CP does charge though whilst Hampton saying Bus=Complimentary. I can just see all the HIE trundling with trolley suitcases 150m to Hampton to get bus for free :p

HAMPTON
under Directions->How to get Here
Box says 'Bus Service' , typical minimum charge "Complimentary"
... so Airport to Hampton (as for HIE) complimentary, but as says is to Hampton ++ minimum fee is complimentary fare, ... that leaves open if Hampton->Airport is indeed charged.

HIE (Mentions free to hotel 7euro to airport)
"Getting to our Holiday Inn Express hotel near Amsterdam Schiphol is easy. Only a short drive from the airport in our hotel shuttle bus (complimentary from airport to the hotel and € 7,50 from hotel to the airport)"

CP (No fees mentioned, but does not say FREE either )
"Our shuttle bus links Amsterdam Airport Schiphol with our modern hotel every 30 minutes, between 6 AM until 11.30 PM"

docbert Dec 15, 2013 1:55 pm

Originally Posted by scubaccr (Post 21969932)
HAMPTON
under Directions->How to get Here
Box says 'Bus Service' , typical minimum charge "Complimentary"
... so Airport to Hampton (as for HIE) complimentary, but as says is to Hampton ++ minimum fee is complimentary fare, ... that leaves open if Hampton->Airport is indeed charged.

Just to be clear, are you saying that you've stayed here and were charged, or are you just going off what you've found on the web?

I've stayed here (although several months ago), and I was explicitly told by the hotel over the phone before staying and also whilst staying there that the shuttle was free in both directions (I explicitly checked due to the fact that many other hotels in the area DO charge for the return trip). Further I did catch the shuttle bus to the airport and was not charged, nor was a charge ever mentioned.

Now of course it's possible that this has changed, however looking on TripAdvisor I can see multiple people with reviews as recent as the past week also saying that it's free in both directions.

Points Scrounger Dec 15, 2013 2:16 pm

My problem in Europe is that they'll provide bread, cheese and meat at breakfast, but when I ask if there's any mustard around, they act as though I'm insane.

kmandrew Dec 15, 2013 7:27 pm

Visiting Amsterdam this summer for 2 nights and would like to get in 2 stays if it is not to much of a hassle. I'm thinking this hotel the first night (30k) and DT Centraal (40k) for the 2nd night as we are taking the 7 pm train to Berlin on the 3rd day. Is it pretty easy to get to the tourist areas via the train; I assume we would drop off our luggage and head into town?