Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Q4 Promo - 1000 Points

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2012, 2:15 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, MR Gold
Long-time reader who finally decided to register.

I respect Hilton's right to test the waters, and to determine whether a less attractive offer will continue to attract business travellers. In addition to travellers that may be bound to Hilton by their corporate standards or corporate contracts, there may also be some that don't have a choice but to do without a decent promotion if they want to get to Gold or Diamond.

When possible, I think it's important to send a message that some of us have flexibility and will exercise that flexibility in these circumstances. Having already qualified for Diamond, I'll be working on accumulating 2013 roll-over nights at Marriott this quarter. That will be a total of 9 nights in October, with another 12-15 in November and December (3/4 of my stays are Tuesday & Wednesday).
Old Oct 10, 2012, 5:25 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles Lifetime Silver, Delta MM, Lifetime Marriott Plat, Lifetime Hilton Honors Diamond
What is up with leaving Tuesday and Wednesday nights out of what is already an extremely lame promotion? Talk about adding insult to injury! I already have 95 nights with Marriott this year and I'm at 50 with Hilton with rooms booked through EOY. Unfortunately Marriotts recent promo ends on 10/31 so I'm also screwed there. I have a Marriott and Hilton across the street from each other with a crosswalk. I guess what makes the most sense is hitting Damond and then padding my Marriott rollover nights. I'll have to wait to get a definitive answer on the Delta MQM promo.
Old Oct 10, 2012, 6:58 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Jump
What is up with leaving Tuesday and Wednesday nights out of what is already an extremely lame promotion? Talk about adding insult to injury! I already have 95 nights with Marriott this year and I'm at 50 with Hilton with rooms booked through EOY. Unfortunately Marriotts recent promo ends on 10/31 so I'm also screwed there. I have a Marriott and Hilton across the street from each other with a crosswalk. I guess what makes the most sense is hitting Damond and then padding my Marriott rollover nights. I'll have to wait to get a definitive answer on the Delta MQM promo.
Deadline for signing up for Marriott's promo ends 10/31, but the promo runs through 1/15/13...so at least the next 6 stays for me are going to Marriott.
Old Oct 11, 2012, 7:40 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles Lifetime Silver, Delta MM, Lifetime Marriott Plat, Lifetime Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by musing
Deadline for signing up for Marriott's promo ends 10/31, but the promo runs through 1/15/13...so at least the next 6 stays for me are going to Marriott.
Ahhhh, I guess I didn't read the promo information close enough. That changes everything!

Thanks for the info!
Old Oct 11, 2012, 8:05 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by yyz123
Long-time reader who finally decided to register.

I respect Hilton's right to test the waters, and to determine whether a less attractive offer will continue to attract business travellers. In addition to travellers that may be bound to Hilton by their corporate standards or corporate contracts, there may also be some that don't have a choice but to do without a decent promotion if they want to get to Gold or Diamond.

When possible, I think it's important to send a message that some of us have flexibility and will exercise that flexibility in these circumstances. Having already qualified for Diamond, I'll be working on accumulating 2013 roll-over nights at Marriott this quarter. That will be a total of 9 nights in October, with another 12-15 in November and December (3/4 of my stays are Tuesday & Wednesday).
Welcome to FT yyz123!

Good first post ^
Old Oct 11, 2012, 11:07 am

If I already have a booking at Grand Wailea in Maui is it too late to register for the VS miles promo? The link says registering must be done prior to worldwide Hilton booking. Am I out of luck?

If I can't take advantage of this are miles and miles a better option? I am always uncertaine Between the three options, miles and miles, miles and fixed points and miles and variable points as to what is the best choice.
Old Oct 11, 2012, 11:30 am

According to previous posts its alright to sign up now just check with the front desk at check in to make sure your VS number is listed.
Old Oct 12, 2012, 6:44 am

Programs: Over-entitled UA 1.3MM Gold, AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott L-T Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by HeliosUK
Au revoir, HHonors Q4
Bonjour Marriott
Welcome to FT HeliosUK, or at least out of the shadows. ^

Like others have said, this is a very pathetic offer.

For me it's Bonjour Hyatt.

I've been traveling for business now for 20 years and have been HHonors Diamond for seven or eight years.
Last week I spent the most money ever for one night at a U.S. hotel (over $600).
FYI Hilton - it was the Hyatt Regency in San Francisco.
Old Oct 12, 2012, 6:52 am

Programs: United 1K, Alaska MVP 75K, HH Diamond
Its a poor promo. Zero effort Hilton Honours!
Old Oct 12, 2012, 7:56 am

Originally Posted by bmifly
C

I think stifle is spot on here. I agree with shoreline that the front desk can't change your earning style but the ff miles programme credited is fixed based on the account settings at the time of booking. You do need the front desk to change this and they definitely are able to do so. On numerous occasions I've checked in and handed one ff card over and have been asked if I want miles to post to this account or a different ff scheme recorded with my booking.

That said once I have my five stays I'll test this, or if someone else has hit the target perhaps they could see what happens.

bmifly
how do you plan to test this? just curious.
change it on your account after booking? ask the ff agent to change it for you at the hotel then watch her do it? change it by midnight the day fo checkout on your hhonors account? hand them a different ff card at the time of check in? Specifics would be nice.

if you don't believe the T&C of the program, can't do much about that, but for others, I would advise you to read for yourself. The link was listed above. Post it the correct hhonors number on your hhonors account as your preferred ff number and make sure your earning style is set to one of the miles ways of earnings.@:-)

and, of course, if in doubt, call hhonors, don't ask the hotel staff to do anything on your hhonors account.
Old Oct 12, 2012, 9:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: HH D
Originally Posted by Billiken
Last week I spent the most money ever for one night at a U.S. hotel (over $600).
FYI Hilton - it was the Hyatt Regency in San Francisco.
Was it worth it?
Old Oct 12, 2012, 10:33 am

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
Survey saysssssssss --- No!
Old Oct 12, 2012, 11:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Originally Posted by shoreline
how do you plan to test this? just curious.
change it on your account after booking? ask the ff agent to change it for you at the hotel then watch her do it? change it by midnight the day fo checkout on your hhonors account? hand them a different ff card at the time of check in? Specifics would be nice.

if you don't believe the T&C of the program, can't do much about that, but for others, I would advise you to read for yourself. The link was listed above. Post it the correct hhonors number on your hhonors account as your preferred ff number and make sure your earning style is set to one of the miles ways of earnings.@:-)

and, of course, if in doubt, call hhonors, don't ask the hotel staff to do anything on your hhonors account.
You're saying over and over that it's the T&Cs, but you (a) haven't quoted it, (b) haven't realized that many things in HHonors work differently in practice than in the T&Cs, and (c) have ignored the three or four different people who have tried to explain to you that there is a difference between the earning style and the chosen airline partner.

It is easy to test as follows: Make booking, arrive and give different FF number to FDC, and then see where the miles go.
Old Oct 12, 2012, 6:15 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors LT Diamond, Marriott Gold Delta Gold, Avis Preferred Plus,
This is the weakest promo I have ever seen Hilton come up with. Got myself a Platinum challenge from Marriott and will get 3 free night coupons in the process. Pretty easy challenge of 6 stays.
Old Oct 12, 2012, 6:39 pm

Originally Posted by stifle
You're saying over and over that it's the T&Cs, but you (a) haven't quoted it, (b) haven't realized that many things in HHonors work differently in practice than in the T&Cs, and (c) have ignored the three or four different people who have tried to explain to you that there is a difference between the earning style and the chosen airline partner.

It is easy to test as follows: Make booking, arrive and give different FF number to FDC, and then see where the miles go.

I copied and pasted the T&C for you in post #68 (along with the link so you can read for yourself).

You quoted my post (#68) in your post #75.

you may say that many things work different. However, can you please direct me to a link and quote me another T&C that the hhonors program does not follow.

Yes you are correct! Earning style must be set properly as well as having your preferred airline partner on you hhonors account and selected.

Setting BOTH of these things (Earning style & FF partner # is EXACTLY what I have been saying.)

If you have read a single post where I have said something other than this, please point me to that post.

The other point that many people here do not seem to understand, is how and when those 2 items need to be set. (as quoted above in post #68). A hotel clerk has no ability to change your hhonors account info. for FF# (unless they call hhonors, in which case, is still suppose to take your permission to change). and.....................the fact that you have up to midnight the day of check out (again, the quote from hhonors T&C in post #68 & the link provided for you to read for yourself).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.