Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Website Change

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2012, 7:21 am

After this recent web-site redesign I can't figure out how to find the button for requesting room upgrade for my future reservations. In the past, when you make reservation there will be a number of options offered for your room upgrade at various dollar amounts. Now when I go to my reservations I can't find this option. Could somebody help me with this?
Old May 19, 2012, 5:29 pm

Programs: AA (ExecPlat.), UA, DL, Hertz (Club Gold), Avis, Hilton (Diamond VIP), Starwood, Marriott
428p, Sunday - May 19 -- can't logon and can't access iPad app. What's going on?
Old May 19, 2012, 6:17 pm

Programs: DL Plat, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by thumbun
428p, Sunday - May 19 -- can't logon and can't access iPad app. What's going on?
Website is down as well.... I can make it to Hilton.com, but nothing else from there.

PS. Its still Saturday, quit trying to make my short weekends go even faster!
Old May 19, 2012, 6:26 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott lifetime Plt, UA 1MM
Same here getting an internal server error ar 7:20CST
Old May 20, 2012, 9:31 pm

Programs: UA gold; WN A; PC plat; Marriott Gold
hotel search was erroring out most of saturday. worked in the evening.
today it's erroring out again with the same "internal server error - read".
Old May 21, 2012, 12:01 am

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
I can't choose a date...it's stuck on May 21, so I then figure I'll just pick today and then hit "change" when I get to the hotels page, but I get an error code telling me "due to time changes, my check-in date has already passed, choose another date"
Old May 21, 2012, 12:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Originally Posted by smooth
After this recent web-site redesign I can't figure out how to find the button for requesting room upgrade for my future reservations. In the past, when you make reservation there will be a number of options offered for your room upgrade at various dollar amounts. Now when I go to my reservations I can't find this option. Could somebody help me with this?
These rarely make any sense and are most of the time complete waste of money.
Old May 21, 2012, 1:02 am

Programs: DL DM/4MM, AS MVPG100K, HA Pualani Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Silver
Thumbs down

for global major hotel chain Hilton continues to have an embarassing website
Old May 21, 2012, 2:40 am

Programs: FB Silver, BA Silver, BD Gold rememberer, IHG Diamond Royal Ambassador, Hilton and Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by holtju2
These rarely make any sense and are most of the time complete waste of money.
Indeed but let's help the poster anyway : for me, there's a link right by the reservation summary, "special order..." where I can get to the page you're looking for. Is the linking missing for you or the page displayed different?
Old May 21, 2012, 2:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Originally Posted by Richelieu
Indeed but let's help the poster anyway : for me, there's a link right by the reservation summary, "special order..." where I can get to the page you're looking for. Is the linking missing for you or the page displayed different?
These offers are not available for all Hilton properties, and they are only shown up to 24 hours before scheduled arrival time. Depending on the time zone, you can sometimes see them on the day of arrival here in Asia, where I am currently.

And note that there are often TWO kind of upgrades available; ones using points that are confirmed at the time of request, and these Nor1 eStandby upgrades that are only confirmed on the day of arrival. Sometimes you have both, sometimes you have one or the other, and sometimes neither.
Old May 21, 2012, 5:07 am

Programs: FB Silver, BA Silver, BD Gold rememberer, IHG Diamond Royal Ambassador, Hilton and Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by holtju2
These offers are not available for all Hilton properties, and they are only shown up to 24 hours before scheduled arrival time. Depending on the time zone, you can sometimes see them on the day of arrival here in Asia, where I am currently.
In my last 4 bookings I had on display, all of them had them up until the day of check-in. Maybe the 24-hours cut-off date is based on US time?

And note that there are often TWO kind of upgrades available; ones using points that are confirmed at the time of request, and these Nor1 eStandby upgrades that are only confirmed on the day of arrival. Sometimes you have both, sometimes you have one or the other, and sometimes neither.
Yep. I was under the impression that smooth was speaking of the Nor1 upgrades.
Old May 21, 2012, 7:23 am

Originally Posted by Richelieu
Thanks for helping me finding the link Richelieu. You are correct: I found a link that offered a single option for room upgrade under "special order", along with offers for beer, birthday cakes, late check-out and such.
In the end I chose to use a link in the reservation conformation e-mail to request e-standby upgrade. The e-mail link offered multiple and very detailed choices of room categories compared to the "special order" link. I'll use both options in the future. Thanks again for help.
Old May 21, 2012, 3:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by surfport
for global major hotel chain Hilton continues to have an embarassing website
Yup. Is there a browser that works better than others? I've been using FF and IE for two days with no success. I haven't installed Chrome yet.
Old May 21, 2012, 4:20 pm

Programs: aa EXP, dl GM, mar LTPLT, hh DIA, spg PLT, ich AMB, nat EE, hertz PC
Ugh. I've been trying to book online for a couple of days. No luck. I even download the Waldorf app and when I go to book it just hangs and hangs.
Old May 21, 2012, 4:25 pm

Programs: DL DM, AS MVP 100K, Amtrak peon, Colbert Lifetime Platinum
"Internal Server Error" when attempting to book.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.