Wiki Posts
Search

Website Change

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2012, 7:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, SPG Gold
Thumbs down Website Change

What is up with the Hilton Website? Today I signed on and the website has totally changed and the thing I needed most (Hotel email), was no longer on the website.

Hilton has made some major changes to the website and removing the email addressi is Not a positive change. I called the Diamond Desk which was less than helpful as they could not see the new website and were looking at some thing totally different than I was.

This concerns me as a Hilton Diamond Member as not being able to ask the hotel a direct question without calling them overseas is a bit of a pain.

Anyone else experienced this?
Old May 14, 2012, 7:47 pm

Programs: UA P, Delta SL, US SL, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, IHG PL AMB, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat
Click the customer service link at the top of the main page. The phone numbers and the email addresses will be brought up.
Old May 14, 2012, 10:19 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K(0.7MM) Hilton Gold/La Quinta Gold
The easy way to get back the old website format is to disable Flash.

My iPad still has the old format and looks great, for IE you need to perform ActiveX filtering, unless you want to disable Flash for everything.
Old May 15, 2012, 5:28 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, Blah Blah...
I for one, love the new website. Very slick. ^
Old May 15, 2012, 3:24 pm
Original Poster

Question It's Back to Normal

Well the Hilton Website is back to normal today. Perhaps a sign of things to Come yesterday????
Old May 15, 2012, 3:32 pm

Programs: United, AA, Hilton
Site

It is still the same website as yesterday for me. (The new one)
Old May 16, 2012, 7:04 am

Programs: Hhonors Diamond, Bonvoy LT Plat, TSA vilifier extraordinaire, Once upon a time... US Silver, AA Gold
Originally Posted by matthudski
I for one, love the new website. Very slick. ^
+1.
Old May 16, 2012, 6:39 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K(0.7MM) Hilton Gold/La Quinta Gold
Seems the new site is now HTML 5 for iPads too

Forget the pretty pictures and just give me a login page
Old May 16, 2012, 7:51 pm
Original Poster

Question It's Back

Tonight (wed 5/16) at about 8:47 cst, Hilton has the New Website back up. They must be tweaking it taking it down and then putting it back up. It has several photos of hotels such as Hilton Bora Bora Nui, Hilton Molino Stucky Vience, Hawaiian Hilton Village, Sanya Resort & Spa China, Hilton Dubai Creek, Hilton Los Cabos Beach Resort. The site looks nice but I cannot find any where to email a property on this new site.

What gives Hilton? Is this or is this not your new website?
Old May 17, 2012, 8:23 am

Programs: HH Diamond
No change here (thankfully)?
Old May 17, 2012, 10:31 am

Programs: AA EXP / HH Diamond
Old site is usually at www1.hilton.com the new site is usually at www3.hilton.com

Likely there is a load-balancer or some other mechanism that directs some users to the new (www3.hilton.com) site.
Old May 17, 2012, 10:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by Flyer78
Old site is usually at www1.hilton.com the new site is usually at www3.hilton.com
Thanks for that hint. I wasn't ever going to the new site from

http://hhonors1.hilton.com/en_US/hh/home_index.do
Old May 18, 2012, 7:48 am

Programs: Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Delta Diamond, Hertz PC, National Executive
Thumbs up I like it

Logged in to www.hilton.com this morning and was directed to the new site. There is a nice status tracker at the top of the page once you log in, telling you exactly what you need to achieve to retain status. And, the best part,

I ONLY HAD TO LOG IN ONCE!!! YAAY!!!

Before, you would log in on the home page, then when you clicked on your account you would have to log in again, and then wait...and wait...and wait. Today, once I logged in from the main page and clicked on my account, it went there straight away. Even if that's all they fixed, that alone would make the experience 1000% better.

But yes, it looks nice, too. Perhaps things are finally changing for the good!
Old May 18, 2012, 3:20 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
What's really annoying is if you try to search by airport and you put in say DAY, the first option that you can click on says "DAY - DAY - James M Cox Dayton International Airport, OH" However, that causes the search to come back with "We do not recognize this location. Check your entry and try again.".

You have to actually select the second option which is "DAY - James M Cox Dayton International Airport, OH" (only one "DAY)" and it works.
Old May 18, 2012, 7:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Yes, they do need A LOT of work on the search process. I put in Santa Clara, CA and it comes back with:

There are multiple locations that match your request. Select from the list below or search again.

Cities matching your request

Santa Clara, CA

---------------

Looking deeper, when typing in Santa Clara in a Location field, two Santa Clara, CA entries are presented. I guess the above process filters out unique entries.

Hello left hand, meet right hand!

Last edited by RogerD408; May 18, 2012 at 7:12 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.