Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel LAX - El Segundo {US-CA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel LAX - El Segundo {US-CA}

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2005, 5:08 pm

Programs: AA-EXP (1.7MM), BA-Slvr, HH-Diamond
Originally Posted by Motion122
The surroundings are mostly office buildings, so no restaurant near by.
That's true of most properties with a close proximity to LAX.
Old Jul 31, 2005, 5:30 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
I live less than 10 minutes from DBT & have stayed there to get status. As others said it's fine, especially for the $$. For last month I've been having problems w/ dial-up (and yes I would be on hi-speed if I could; don't go there-long story), so have actually considered checking in on a weekend just to catch up on FT etc etc (and help keep my status of course!). Cheers.
Old Jul 31, 2005, 8:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
Originally Posted by Motion122
This could be subjective - The surroundings are mostly office buildings, so no restaurant near by. Don't know if the shuttle will drop off and pick up at nearby restaurants. HGI shuttles will.
Plenty of restaurants nearby, if you have a car!

Actually, there are a few eating places within walking distance, though maybe not really close.
Old Jul 31, 2005, 11:11 pm

Programs: UA 1P, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by KathyWdrf
Plenty of restaurants nearby, if you have a car!

Actually, there are a few eating places within walking distance, though maybe not really close.
Stayed here once in the past. It's a good hike to the nearby restaurants - two long city blocks I think. Didn't see much pedestrian traffic in the area, not sure if it is safe after the sun goes down.
Old Jul 31, 2005, 11:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
Have they installed the new beds at the Doubletree LAX?
Old Aug 1, 2005, 1:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
This is a very nice hotel. I stayed in early May, I think. Very friendly shuttle driver, room was quite nice. Only issue was shuttle bus to airport not there on time. I had to wait almost 15 minutes after it was supposed to be there. They did offer to get me a taxi at that point, but it just pulled up.

I would stay there more, but lately prices have been higher than the $59 or $69 I got then.
Old Aug 1, 2005, 3:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
....I would stay there more, but lately prices have been higher than the $59 or $69 I got then.
I basically agree. At $59-$69 itsa ok, but too depressing for the current rates ($100+). Much nicer accomodations at the LAX HGI and LAX HI (forget the LAX Hilton), often for less money too.

MisterNice
Old Aug 1, 2005, 10:31 am

Programs: ua-mm *G, hilton-gold
i noticed a street by this hotel called continental ave.(i think). was the old corporate headquarters for continental airlines on this street in this business park?
Old Aug 1, 2005, 11:27 am

Programs: UA 1P, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by slippahs
Have they installed the new beds at the Doubletree LAX?
Not sure how new they are, but they are very comfortable comparing to the beds of other Doubletree I have stayed at in the past.
Old Aug 1, 2005, 2:01 pm

Programs: AA-Plt, UA-1P, PC Plt, National ECEE
I got the DT LAX for $53 (AAA rate) in May 2003 on an overnight (Saturday) MR. That had to be pre-renovations, and even then it was a good deal for the price. At the time things seemed fairly well maintained; just outdated.
Old Jun 4, 2007, 5:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
DoubleTree LAX good/bad ?

I cannot see anyone mention DoubleTree LAX, not sure if anyone stay there ? Have a one night stay there this coming friday, I guess no lounge ? just breakfest in the restaurant as a gold right ?

I am actually going to an airline collectible show at Hacienda saturday morning, from the LAX hotel map, it looks like the double tree is kind of close by, how far does it take to walk to Hacienda from doubletree ? Thanks
Old Jun 4, 2007, 5:39 pm

Programs: UA 1K_MM, AA EX_PLT Hyatt/Hilton Dia, Mar Gold, IHG PLT, Amtrak S++, Hertz 5Star, Avis First
It is all right. Used to be the Doubletree Club Hotel. Rates have gone up a lot since the renovation. I think as a Gold, you do get breakfast, and of course, the cookies.

It's a short walk. Maybe 10 minutes.
Old Jun 4, 2007, 6:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Originally Posted by JT_BOS
It's a short walk. Maybe 10 minutes.
You must be mistaken. This is not one of the hotels that is within walking distance of the airport. The hotel is actually in El Segundo in an office park. I have been there maybe twice and actually prefer the nearby HGI.
Old Jun 4, 2007, 6:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Originally Posted by ORDnHKG
I am actually going to an airline collectible show at Hacienda saturday morning, from the LAX hotel map, it looks like the double tree is kind of close by, how far does it take to walk to Hacienda from doubletree ? Thanks
It is less than a mile from Doubletree to the Hacienda.
Old Jun 4, 2007, 7:42 pm

Programs: SQ PPS SOLITAIRE, AA ,HHONOR GOLD, BONVOY GOLD, IHG PLAT
Yes, you can walk. I doubt it is more than a mile.

I used to stay there a lot, before the rates went ridiculous. The rooms are decent. The breakfast so-so.

Stay at the Hilton Garden Inn instead. Much better. Their breakfast is pretty nice.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.