Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel LAX - El Segundo {US-CA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel LAX - El Segundo {US-CA}

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2000, 7:46 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Arrow DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel LAX - El Segundo {US-CA}

Hey fellow frequent travelers. I will be staying at the DT Hotel LAX in the very near future. What can I expect? Any GOOD/BAD experiences at this LAX hotel?Looking for DETAILS. Was able to get a rather LOW $59.00 a nite via the DT site. Thanks in advance!

Regards,
Mike Mahoney

[This message has been edited by MIKE MAHONEY (edited 06-19-2000).]
Old Jun 19, 2000, 7:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I dunno, but I am currently happily at the Hilton GI in El Segundo/LAX for $65/night. It just opened and is nice, new and the rate includes breakfast. This is my 3rd stay and IMHO the best deal near LAX (it also has a free shuttle).
Old Jun 19, 2000, 10:51 pm
In Memoriam

Mike,
I stayed there 2 weeks ago when I missed a connection to Boise. It's an ok hotel. Nothing special but it's not horrible either. The hotel is in an office park a few miles from LAX. The shuttle to the airport takes about 10 minutes. I checked in around midnight and left about seven in the morning so I didn't spend much time there. There were notices that the cafe was closed for renovations. The rooms and hotel in general could use one too. Also, I thought it was a little odd that my room had one double bed which they called a queen size. Shouldn't business class hotels (which they market their "club" hotels as) have mostly king size beds??? Also I was a little disappointed that they were out of cookies but I guess due to the time of check-in it makes sense. Overall, a very indifferent hotel.
Old Aug 19, 2001, 11:35 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Doubletree Club Lax Is it a satisfactory Property?

Saw a few great rates at this property and was wondering anybodys experience here.
Thank you for your advice!
Happy Travels!

------------------
AA & Starwood,Marriott Platinum
Diamond Hyatt, Hilton Diamond
U/A Premier Exec

[This message has been edited by 777 global mile hound (edited 08-19-2001).]
Old Aug 19, 2001, 2:19 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 2MM, SPG Platinum, Hilton Diamond
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by 777 global mile hound:
</font>
It has been a tired, worn out property for the past five years, but the cookies are good.

------------------
Biggest Little 1K (in The Biggest Little City) In The World
Old Aug 19, 2001, 2:48 pm

stayed there twice this year. rooms are average, but quiet and clean. got the impression that vacancy is wide open as their restyaurant/bar was quite empty.
Old Oct 22, 2001, 9:30 pm

Anything new to add in the last few months? I found a rate of $62 for next March and wondered if I should take it? Just want something close to the airport and clean.
Old Oct 22, 2001, 9:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Itsa little tired, but clean, large rooms, usually can be priced right, and I too say the cookies are good. Nice prices on the Happy Hour drinks and one can sometimes make an ultra-low priced meal (insert mexican-food burp here) by utilizing the nice Happy Hour freebies. If the "big-haired" girl checks you in, she dont do the HH free breakfast coupons. Dont fight it. Stop by later or in the AM and one can easily get them from another desk clerk. You usually get a full breakfast cert too. The HGI is cleaner, newer and nicer, but you wont get it for 62 dollas/night.

MisterNice
Old Oct 22, 2001, 11:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
I did the DT Club and HGI El Segundo back-to-back on a Gold Conquest sleeping run last February. The DT really doesn't follow the "Club" concept at all - it feels more like an old Radisson. Still, it's fine for a night. The HGI is a lot newer, has a better restaurant and a little convience counter for reasonable snacks. I'd say it's worth paying maybe 12-14% more for it, otherwise stick with the DT.
Old Oct 24, 2001, 8:48 pm

Programs: UA1k3.00mm;AAex-EXP;Hy Glob;Acc Plt;HH Dia;Onyx Plt;Mar LT Tit;IHG DiAm;RR P;RRA G;BW D;Hcom G
I like the property because it's 20 yards from Mattel's corporate HQ where they have a store that sells over and out of stock toys. Sometimes the prices are high, sometimes you can get a very good bargain on a gift for your kids.

One unique thing about the Doubletree LAX is that they offer evening peanut butter and jelly sandwiches that you can make yourself. I've never done it because it starts around 10:00 and I'm usually in bed by then, but I intend to make sandwiches on each trip and I even bring baggies with me! I've stayed a half dozen times over the last year and haven't gotten around to making the sandwiches. You should ask at the front desk if they know if they're available for that evening.

Another option is the LA Garden Inn about two blocks away. It's newer and sometimes L.A. Lakers will stay there, even Shaq. Their training facility is nearby.

I'ver never gotten a room upgrade at the Doubletree, but I haven't asked since their regular room is fine with me. I get a free breakfast most of the time.

I think the property is fine, although the help is not that bright. They seem to mean well.
Old Oct 24, 2001, 10:38 pm

Location: Coppell, Tx AA EXP, AA Lifetime Plat, HH Diamond, Hyatt Plat
Stayed at the LAX DT very early this year and just did five nights last week at the LAX HGI. NO COMPARISON - HGI wins by a mile, not even close. Brand new facility; very quiet; very nice employees, etc. Only thing was there was NO microwave in my room (I was in the "fancy" wing at the NW end of the building on first floor). Did get a very nice fruit plate waiting for me in the room at check-in time though. That was a "first" for me at an HGI. Have had that treatment at my "special" secret Hilton in Houston where I have always gotten a real suite.

dAAvid -
Old Oct 25, 2001, 8:38 pm

Thanks, now if the website would only let me book a reservation. Been trying for 3 days and get an error message every time.

Pat
Old Oct 25, 2001, 9:49 pm

Programs: AA Platinum (Lifetime), United GS, HHonors Diamond, Shangri-la Diamond, Marriott Platinum
see also:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum95/HTML/000853.html
Old Nov 4, 2001, 7:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routières, PCR
I had already booked 2 stays before reading these posts, so approached them with some trepidation. Needn't have.

On check-in, I got breakfast coupons automatically, and the second time a bottle of water. Arriving from the UK with 8 hours time diference, I needed a quiet room and got one, so I slept well.

Sure, it's not the most luxurious, but at the rates I paid, plus HH points and double (= 2,000) Virgin miles per stay, I was more than happy.
Old Jul 18, 2002, 12:02 pm
alp

Doubletree Hotel Los Angeles International Airport Trip Reports and Reviews

Just a quick report --

I spent a week at the LAX Doubletree where I receive, by far, the best service I've ever gotten at a Doubletree (this includes the Doubletree Westwood, another LA property).

The staff was incredibly helpful. They even delivered a refrigerator to my room, left it for the week. All this for an amazing LA price -- $62/night.

The rooms are a little sad (but very quiet); but the staff said they are just beginning a major renovation.

I'm hh gold, by the way.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.