Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton New Orleans Airport {US-LA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton New Orleans Airport {US-LA}

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2003, 9:34 pm

Programs: -- DL DM, MR Lifetime TE, HH Diamond, National Something???
Depending upon the time of the day, the drive from the Airport Hilton to downtown New Orleans can range from 30-60 minutes.

The hotel, in my opinion, for an airport hotel is above average. Good food in the restaurant, good lounge and regular room.
Old Nov 12, 2003, 8:38 am

Programs: UA Gold MM, AA EXP, Delta Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HHonors Diamond, Natl EE, Hertz Platinum
Thanks for the feedback.

------------------
"There are those who travel, and those who travel well."
Old Nov 12, 2003, 9:18 am

Programs: Delta Diamond; Hilton Diamond; Accor Gold
I would book at MSY for now and hope for something to become available later. Often conventions book all the rooms in the downtown area and the rooms are released close to the time needed.

Keep trying.
Old Nov 12, 2003, 1:08 pm

Programs: UA Gold MM, AA EXP, Delta Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HHonors Diamond, Natl EE, Hertz Platinum
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by fromYXU:
I would book at MSY for now and hope for something to become available later. Often conventions book all the rooms in the downtown area and the rooms are released close to the time needed.

Keep trying.
</font>
Great tip, actually! It looks like some of the inventory is opening up... thanks.

------------------
"There are those who travel, and those who travel well."
Old Nov 21, 2008, 4:16 pm

Programs: DL PM/MM, Hilton Silver, SPG+, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by mikey1003
Stayed there Thurs nite because of a 6AM flight. Older property. Little run down. Great restarant (for a hotel)
How do you get there from the terminal ? Website doesn't say they have a shuttle. Is it possible to walk ?
TIA
Old Nov 21, 2008, 8:49 pm

Programs: Rapid Rewards A+; Marriott Gold; HHonors DIA
Hotel is right across the street and you could in theory walk (though it is a 4 lane somewhat busy highway). I am surprised there is no shuttle but a cab would be less than $5 and worth the convenience. I stayed here about 5-6 years ago - about the age of the other posts and the hotel was average.

However, if i were going to NO, its much more worth it to be close to the Quarter, IMO.
Old Oct 18, 2012, 7:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott/Lifetime Titanium Hyatt/Explorist, Hilton/Silver, IHG Spire,UA Gold
Any recent stays here?

I'm needing a room by the airport on Nov. 18th...arriving late, and leaving early. Just want a clean place to sleep...the pics on tripadvisor are from 08 and don't look to promising...anything thoughts on this property would be greatly appreciated!
Old Oct 18, 2012, 7:46 pm
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Stayed there earlier this year. Perfectly clean, though the lobby and the rooms were a bit on the old & tattered side.
Old Oct 18, 2012, 8:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott/Lifetime Titanium Hyatt/Explorist, Hilton/Silver, IHG Spire,UA Gold
Originally Posted by exerda
Stayed there earlier this year. Perfectly clean, though the lobby and the rooms were a bit on the old & tattered side.
Thanks! I think I'll give it a try...just need a place to crash for the night!
Old Oct 19, 2012, 4:27 am
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by bsdstone
Thanks! I think I'll give it a try...just need a place to crash for the night!
That's what I used it for... got in around 1am, had a 10am flight the next day. Worked fine and got me a HHonors stay.
Old Oct 19, 2012, 10:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Pleb, HH Gold, PWP General Secretary
Originally Posted by exerda
That was my experience as well. Also, they only have a continental breakfast for gold/diamonds.
Old Dec 18, 2013, 10:45 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Stay Report 12/17-12/18

Location: The hotel is literally across the street from MSY and a really easy drive from New Orleans on Interstate 10 provided there isn't much traffic. There isn't too much around it in walking distance but the neighborhood seems safe. There is some noise from landing planes and trains on the nearby tracks but the rooms are fairly well soundproofed. I wouldn't want to try walking to the terminal despite the proximity to the airport.

Hotel: The hotel is definitely older but thankfully is in good repair. It's a smaller Hilton at only six floors but the ground floor is huge with a large lobby, lots of conference and meeting rooms and a hard to find business center. There's a large bar off the lobby and a small gift shop as well as a restaurant.

Check In: Very friendly agent on duty who confirmed my Dad and I wanted two beds (we did ) and acknowledged we'd have a high floor room near the elevator as my profile asks for (always nice when that happens). She also gladly changed us from breakfast to points when I mentioned we had an early flight. She also gave us as much bottled water as we wanted (a nice touch).

Room: Larger than expected room with two beds. The wifi worked great (I was able to stream on Netflix no problem) and there was an outlet by the bed which is frankly all I ask for. Also, the shower was good and hot and it was nice that we had a chair as well as the beds. Beds were extremely comfortable by the way.

Other: The shuttle runs every ten minutes on an as needed basis and takes literally one minute to get to the airport. This hotel is pretty much all you can ask for in an airport hotel and I'd gladly be back. Our AAA rate was $159 I believe.
Old Oct 14, 2014, 7:32 am

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Another stay:

Check-In: A good experience with a very friendly agent who asked if we wanted bonus points or breakfast, then after I said breakfast gave us both. She also asked if we wanted the two beds we'd booked or a King, as I was with my Father I stuck with two beds but I love when agents give this option.

Room: Quite possibly the exact same room I had last time. Thankfully, Wifi still worked fine and the beds were still comfortable. The shower head was a little loose but that's my only complaint.

Breakfast/Other: As a Gold I got a coupon for two for a full American breakfast in the restaurant. Breakfast was breads and pastries, cereal, fruit and yogurt as well as hot options of biscuits, grits, oatmeal, sausage and bacon and cooked to order eggs.

The shuttle runs on an ad hoc basis and was there 10 minutes after I asked for it for the short trip to the airport.

This is my second stay here and I'll continue to stay when I have an early flight.
Old Nov 10, 2014, 5:27 pm
CLG

Programs: United Platinum, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Circle
Originally Posted by CMK10
Another stay:
Appreciate the update. Funny, it does look like the same room...

I'll be arriving here tomorrow, so I was researching ahead of time when picking rooms online. Thanks for all the info!

CLG
Old Nov 10, 2014, 7:41 pm

Originally Posted by CLG
Appreciate the update. Funny, it does look like the same room...

I'll be arriving here tomorrow, so I was researching ahead of time when picking rooms online. Thanks for all the info!

CLG
Happy to help, hope it's a good stay! ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.