FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton New Orleans Airport {US-LA}
View Single Post
Old Dec 18, 2013, 10:45 pm
CMK10
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Stay Report 12/17-12/18

Location: The hotel is literally across the street from MSY and a really easy drive from New Orleans on Interstate 10 provided there isn't much traffic. There isn't too much around it in walking distance but the neighborhood seems safe. There is some noise from landing planes and trains on the nearby tracks but the rooms are fairly well soundproofed. I wouldn't want to try walking to the terminal despite the proximity to the airport.

Hotel: The hotel is definitely older but thankfully is in good repair. It's a smaller Hilton at only six floors but the ground floor is huge with a large lobby, lots of conference and meeting rooms and a hard to find business center. There's a large bar off the lobby and a small gift shop as well as a restaurant.

Check In: Very friendly agent on duty who confirmed my Dad and I wanted two beds (we did ) and acknowledged we'd have a high floor room near the elevator as my profile asks for (always nice when that happens). She also gladly changed us from breakfast to points when I mentioned we had an early flight. She also gave us as much bottled water as we wanted (a nice touch).

Room: Larger than expected room with two beds. The wifi worked great (I was able to stream on Netflix no problem) and there was an outlet by the bed which is frankly all I ask for. Also, the shower was good and hot and it was nice that we had a chair as well as the beds. Beds were extremely comfortable by the way.

Other: The shuttle runs every ten minutes on an as needed basis and takes literally one minute to get to the airport. This hotel is pretty much all you can ask for in an airport hotel and I'd gladly be back. Our AAA rate was $159 I believe.