Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Vienna, Austria {AUT}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 4, 2014, 9:45 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Kiwi Flyer
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2018, 6:56 am
TTL

Programs: HH Diam, AY/AX/KQ/IHG/VISA Plat, SK/Bonvoy/Melia/Strawberry Gold, Radisson Prem, PP Prest
Which Hilton in Vienna,

regarding accessibility/location, upgrade probability, executive lounge, etc..., best bang for buck, for an occasional tourist couple interested of dining and night life? Transport from/to VIE? Transport within Vienna? Tourist cards?
Old Aug 19, 2018, 7:16 am

Programs: HH Diamond
I had a nice stay at the Hilton Vienna am Stadtpark. It is a big conference hotel. I did not get an upgrade as a gold, but I was staying on a very reasonable points + money stay. Nice breakfast in the lobby restaurant. Busy, but a nice buffet.

I thought the location was the best part. Right across from a large transit center/mall. Literally one minute across a pedestrian street from the U Bahn and airport express. It was a couple of blocks walking distance to the innerstadt.

I bought a 3 day transit ticket and took the U Bahn, S Bahn, and Tram system everywhere. It was a beautiful fall Sunday, so I followed the locals to Schoenbrunn, which was a beautiful place to spend a sunny day.

I think the Hilton Plaza is a lot nicer, less business. But it was out of my price range that weekend.
windchaser777 likes this.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 7:18 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
For me there is no question...the one on Schottenring is lovely. The one by the Danube is pretty dreadful.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 7:27 am

Programs: HH Diamond
Originally Posted by LondonElite
For me there is no question...the one on Schottenring is lovely. The one by the Danube is pretty dreadful.
That would be the Vienna Plaza. It is beautiful. Never stayed there, but it looked very nice.

I never stayed at the one on the Danube, but the location just didn't seem to work for me.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 7:51 am

Programs: UA MP HH LTD
Originally Posted by bitterproffit
I had a nice stay at the Hilton Vienna am Stadtpark. It is a big conference hotel. I did not get an upgrade as a gold, but I was staying on a very reasonable points + money stay. Nice breakfast in the lobby restaurant. Busy, but a nice buffet.

I thought the location was the best part. Right across from a large transit center/mall. Literally one minute across a pedestrian street from the U Bahn and airport express. It was a couple of blocks walking distance to the innerstadt.

I bought a 3 day transit ticket and took the U Bahn, S Bahn, and Tram system everywhere. It was a beautiful fall Sunday, so I followed the locals to Schoenbrunn, which was a beautiful place to spend a sunny day.

I think the Hilton Plaza is a lot nicer, less business. But it was out of my price range that weekend.
Had a great stay here in June. Agree...really great location. Not the prettiest building on the outside, but great inside. Popular with tour groups...caused this Diamond to get upgraded to a Penthouse Suite. Breakfast very good. Executive Lounge a little small.
chapmanj9 and windchaser777 like this.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 8:11 am

Programs: hhonors diamond
I've only stayed at the Hilton Danube and in my opinion I felt looked after, great upgrade and loved the facilities ( check my review on relevant thread - July/Aug 17 )
Craig6z likes this.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 8:45 am

I stayed at the Stadtpark location a couple of months ago. Extremely convenient as transportation and a large shopping mall
is right across the street. Non-stop train from airport to hotel. Area around is a bit seedy at night with lots of non Austrians
hanging around. We arrived on a Thursday and there always is some sort of event going on in the lobby area Thursdays, it
was very, very noisy with DJs working. But we got a nice upgrade and the lounge was an oasis of quietness. Breakfast in
the restaurant was one of the best Hilton breakfasts ever.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 10:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Always have great stays at the Plaza.

Old Aug 19, 2018, 11:15 am

Plaza for sure. Stayed there for about a week and had an incredible time. Stadtpark is a madhouse and Danube is a river cruising factory. I am being a bit hyperbolic: I'm sure they are both fine but the plaza is truly luxurious.

Also agree that this thread should be merged with the existing one on the same topic.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 10:29 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat HH Diamond
I've only stayed in Vienna once, at the Danube. I would never stay there again. The hotel was ok, but it was too far from the city for my taste.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 8:40 am

Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond, United Global Services
I would agree with the Hilton Vienna am Stadtpark location, love this hotel! I have stayed there twice and have another stay planned for the spring. On both my stays my room was upgraded to a junior suite. The tourists locations are very close buy, and so many fantastic restaurants are a short walk as well. As others have mentioned, it has easy access to the train/subway. Someone previously mentioned the area could get seedy at night, but even as a girl traveling alone, I did not find it seedy at all.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 12:46 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Seedy? No, that is in other parts of Vienna.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 12:54 pm

Originally Posted by Exleftseat
Area around is a bit seedy at night with lots of non Austrians
hanging around.
The Germans really stick out that much, eh?
Old Aug 20, 2018, 1:13 pm

Originally Posted by arlflyer
The Germans really stick out that much, eh?
Didn't check their passports but they didn't look very German to us. Admittedly my choice of words was not the best.
However, in today's environment one has to be careful not to step over what is deemed politically correct. That makes
it difficult to make a precise statement. In any case we needed to go to the Raiffeisenbank ATM around the corner from
the hotel at a late time and we did not feel very safe outside. But I think that it the norm at most European cities nowadays.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 5:18 am
TTL

Programs: HH Diam, AY/AX/KQ/IHG/VISA Plat, SK/Bonvoy/Melia/Strawberry Gold, Radisson Prem, PP Prest
Thank You for insights! And for the link to the Vienna Hilton thread. Stadtpark it will be and a junior alcove suite in reservation. Letīs see what they end up offering
wizla likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.