Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Cairo, Egypt {EGY}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Cairo, Egypt {EGY}

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2018, 12:37 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by BOStonTravels
The Heliopolis Towers is the best Hilton property in Cairo
Great, thanks!

Most rooms view is of the interior atrium rather than outside. (The hotel is surrounded by buildings so not much view regardless).
Should I request an exterior room? Once, at the Hilton Prague, I had an interior room with windows to the atrium, and my room filled with smoke from people smoking in the atrium many floors below. Do people smoke in the atrium or restaurant or lounge at the Heliopolis Towers?

I like the Conrad also and would consider that 2nd best option in Cairo (The Conrad lounge is better than Towers as I really like the terrace with views over the city and with pyramids in the distance). The Conrad is not at all close to the airport (plan on around an hour or more dependent on traffic).
Thanks. I'm thinking the Heliopolis Towers for proximity to the airport sounds good.

Frankly, a lot of people smoke in this region of the world and its also not uncommon for restaurants (indoors and out) to have sisha on offer.
Hence my apprehension.

The Towers (and the Hilton) share a free shuttle that can be arranged by calling the hotel and indeed it takes about 15 minutes to the airport with some traffic, I thought the service was very nice.
Thanks. Would you recommend booking a meet&assist service to help with entry or exit processing?

Happy to answer questions as I am most familiar with the Towers and Conrad.
If we're staying at the Towers and have one day, what would you recommend seeing tourist-wise, and how should we arrange it?
Sisyphus1carus likes this.
Old Apr 29, 2018, 12:53 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA
Hello, Ill do my best to answer your questions in bold below:

Originally Posted by anabolism
Great, thanks!

Should I request an exterior room? Once, at the Hilton Prague, I had an interior room with windows to the atrium, and my room filled with smoke from people smoking in the atrium many floors below. Do people smoke in the atrium or restaurant or lounge at the Heliopolis Towers?

I didn't see people smoking in the atrium. I also dont recall the room windows opening. Based on what I was told (YMMV as the staff were really lovely people but its not polished service and they didnt seem 100% sure of things) the nonsmoking rooms all looked out over atrium and smoking rooms might look out over pool area (which has shisha/hookah bar). I do not believe smoking was allowed in the lounge but was only there very quickly to grab a few sodas. There is shisha/hookah available in the Lebanese restaurant which is part of the larger Towers/Hilton shared lobby. I would suggest calling the hotel and asking about smoking policy to make the most informed choice as I totally empathize with how irritating smoke can be!

After giving it some more thought and being very frank, I would advise that given the possible extent of your sensitivities to smoke you really consider reevaluating the visit. Smoking is just so prevalent in this area of the world. I also strongly discourage you from staying at the property if even the slightest smoke would cause a health problem for you (Again, I know how unpleasant it can be for people). I see the Le Meridian Cairo airport is (supposedly) 100% smoke free and this may be worth checking out depending on your situation.

Would you recommend booking a meet&assist service to help with entry or exit processing?

That really depends on your flight situation. I have only departed CAI in J (and most recently using *A airlines) and think the departure procedures are really easy and efficient (e.g. there is dedicated Gold Track security and immigration). Arrivals it really depends on timing, you can see how many flights are arriving and what terminal you are arriving to in order to make informed decision. I think the Towers and Hilton will offer highly expedited arrival services for $50 and this would include someone waiting as you get off the plane. If there are many hundreds of people in the arrival hall and its the middle of the night this may be worth it for you.

If we're staying at the Towers and have one day, what would you recommend seeing tourist-wise, and how should we arrange it?

A great question and sadly I have not been able to be a tourist during my visits. I will say again that the staff at the Towers (and the Conrad) were really lovely and I suspect they would easily be able to arrange driver and tour.

Last edited by BOStonTravels; Apr 29, 2018 at 1:05 pm
Old Apr 29, 2018, 5:14 pm

Thanks for the advice. If I can find GM emails for the Hilton Heliopolis and Heliopolis Towers, I will try emailing their GMs. (The Hilton Heliopolis says they do not have smoking rooms, so might possibly be better in that regard.)
Old Apr 29, 2018, 5:19 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA
Originally Posted by anabolism
Thanks for the advice. If I can find GM emails for the Hilton Heliopolis and Heliopolis Towers, I will try emailing their GMs. (The Hilton Heliopolis says they do not have smoking rooms, so might possibly be better in that regard.)
Remember, these properties just recently joined the Hilton chain so the answers you get may vary.

[email protected]
Old May 26, 2018, 7:59 am

Programs: Emirates Skywards (Gold), Hilton (Diamond), Radisson (Gold)
I’m looking at staying in Cairo soon. Heliopolis Hilton is $124 and the WA is $151, however the Radisson Blu literally around the corner is $68. Has anyone stayed there too - are my HH Diamond perks worth the difference?(i’ve already made enough nights for next year).
Old May 30, 2018, 3:12 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

I've stayed at Hilton Heliopolis last weekend. I really enjoyed my stay. The hotel is 3 minutes from the airport and 30 minutes from the Pyramids and Sphinx (on a Saturday morning 9am). Arrived at the hotel 5am, and was told that as a Gold I can be checked in as early as 7am. Great! I was directed to the bar Fuze. Had early coffee and beer (I was coming from KSA). I was also invited for breakfast while I was waiting for my room (very nice gesture).
Didn't get upgraded to executive floor so didn't had the chance to see the lounge.
The hotel has 12 on site restaurants. Yes, 12. Whatever you think of, they might have it. I wanted to order kusheri, but I've been told that Egyptian Nights restaurant is closed for Ramadan. Bummer. Instead of kusheri I had stuffed pigeons. Apparently another Egyptian specialty. I actually enjoyed them after passing the thought of eating the pigeon
All the hotel staff members were really friendly and helpful.
Had one mishap. After finishing breakfast and heading back to my room, restaurant manager and waiter run after me. Did I forgot something? No. I was presented with the bill for 29000 pounds for breakfast. Roughly $17. They didn't have my name on the list as "free breakfast" person. I've told them that I am HH Gold and that was it. They've apologized and went back to the restaurant. They were always nice about it, not hard feelings
At the check out I've inquired about it and my bill didn't have any extra charges from the breakfast restaurant (I had 2 in room dining orders from previous nights).
The breakfast spread had decent options. I think everybody can find something nice to eat there.
I didn't go to any of the restaurants during the day as I've been Uber-ing from place to place, just to kiss the door knob.
I really wanted to visit Air Force Museum (15 minutes walking distance from the hotel) and October War Panorama museum. When I got off from Uber at AF museum I couldn't find anyone. I've poked my head to the only one open window and saw soldiers drinking tea. Museum? Go to the gate. I went to the gate and was surrounded by 10 military guys with machine guns. Only 2 spoke limited English. Museum is here? Closed. Come back June 15... Damn it! They were very friendly. They don't see many "falangs" in that area, so that's why all 10 on duty soldiers came to "speak" to me. I had to shake hand with all of them. That was probably highlight of their day
Then I went to museum October War. Same thing. Closed for renovations.

Anyway, the next day I had tour scheduled for the pyramids. My guide arrived around 8:30am, I was given a call on my room phone and met with him.
The ride from the hotel to the pyramids took 30 minutes. On the way back little longer, about 45 minutes.

Check out took little longer (scan this card, sing here, sign there). Why? I already gave you my CC when I've checked in. After 10 minutes I was directed to the free shuttle bus to the airport. I was the only passenger. The ride took about 15 minutes as we had to stop at the mandatory military check right in front of the airport.
Overall, good hotel. I would definitely stay there again. Oh, and even this hotel is so close to the airport, you don't see or hear the airplanes. This hotel is close to departing runway, and far away from two arriving runways.
The only sound that I've heard was military practice shooting. They have a range right in front of the hotel (across the street)
Billiken and abaheti like this.
Old Aug 3, 2018, 5:49 am

Programs: Air: QR Silver. BA Silver Emirates, Hotels: CC Gold, IHG Spire AMB, Hilton Diamond.
Looks like I have a lot of reading to do on this thread.
I (solo trip) need a night in Cairo in November and plan to visit the Egyptian Museum.
Have done the Sphinx & Pyramids before.

The Rameses Hilton seems the best located for that but I'm wondering if any of the other Hiltons would offer a much nicer stay overall ? and have some other interesting things near them too.

I will land early (06:30) and leave early the following day (03:45).
I'm Gold at the moment but expect to be Diamond by the time I stay.
I like that the Heliopolis allows early check-in at 7am (if rooms available) but is it better to be more in the city ?? (do others offer rather early check-in ?)
Not stayed in any of these before.

Any advice ?

Ramses $115 (Best located for the Egyptian Museum)
Conrad $135 (Never stayed in a Conrad before)
Zamelek Residences $104
WTC Residences $70 (liking the price !!)

Heliopolis $124 (Good for airport)
Heliopolis Towers $149 (Good for airport)

Pyramids Golf $104 (bit out of the way).

Last edited by Sisyphus1carus; Aug 3, 2018 at 6:26 am
Old Aug 3, 2018, 6:31 am

Programs: Air: QR Silver. BA Silver Emirates, Hotels: CC Gold, IHG Spire AMB, Hilton Diamond.
Originally Posted by Ryanardo_daVinci
I’m looking at staying in Cairo soon. Heliopolis Hilton is $124 and the WA is $151, however the Radisson Blu literally around the corner is $68. Has anyone stayed there too - are my HH Diamond perks worth the difference?(i’ve already made enough nights for next year).
Did you get any feedback on this ?
Made a decision one way or the other ?
Old Aug 3, 2018, 10:26 am

Programs: UA 1MM/1K, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Sisyphus1carus
Looks like I have a lot of reading to do on this thread.
I (solo trip) need a night in Cairo in November and plan to visit the Egyptian Museum.
Have done the Sphinx & Pyramids before.

The Rameses Hilton seems the best located for that but I'm wondering if any of the other Hiltons would offer a much nicer stay overall ? and have some other interesting things near them too.

I will land early (06:30) and leave early the following day (03:45).
I'm Gold at the moment but expect to be Diamond by the time I stay.
I like that the Heliopolis allows early check-in at 7am (if rooms available) but is it better to be more in the city ?? (do others offer rather early check-in ?)
Not stayed in any of these before.

Any advice ?

Ramses $115 (Best located for the Egyptian Museum)
Conrad $135 (Never stayed in a Conrad before)
Zamelek Residences $104
WTC Residences $70 (liking the price !!)

Heliopolis $124 (Good for airport)
Heliopolis Towers $149 (Good for airport)

Pyramids Golf $104 (bit out of the way).
You say you've done the Pyramids, but you don't say what you'd like to see/do. Ramses/Conrad would be ideal for the Egypt Museum and closest of the bunch to Islamic Cairo; Heliopolis is ideal in terms of proximity to the airport, but it's far from most things you'd want to see (but close to the underrated and wonderfully strange October War Panorama); Zamalek isn't as nice as the Conrad, and a little less convenient to Islamic Cairo, but it's a neat location most tourists miss.
Old Aug 4, 2018, 6:51 am

Thanks very much for sharing your perspective on the hotel locations. The only thing I'd thought of doing was the Egyptian Museum. It sounds like the October War Panorama will be open so I will have a read to see if I fancy that.
Have done a bit of reading about Islamic Cairo (which I hadn't heard of before to be honest) and that does sound rather interesting.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamic_Cairo

Location wise, the Ramses wins it seems although I do like the idea of a very short journey to the airport for my unpleasantly early BA flight home.

If the Conrad sounded nicer (lots of comments about it being rather old) I'd take the $20 hit and the extra cost of transport to the sights but it sounds like it won't be a particularly good example of a Conrad.
Still thinking :-)
Cheers.

Last edited by Sisyphus1carus; Aug 4, 2018 at 7:01 am
Old Aug 4, 2018, 12:56 pm

BTW, I have a similar question for an upcoming trip. Will arrive in CAI in the evening, will have the next day to sight-see, and then fly out on the 3 AM BA flight the following day (technically the day after that of course). I'm thinking of staying at the Heliopolis Towers, soon to be rebranded as a W-A, and booking a tour to see the pyramids during the full day, and just hanging around the hotel during the following day.
Old Aug 6, 2018, 4:33 pm

Thanks very much guys.
Quidco just threw a spanner in the works; 15% cashback on IHG IC hotels.
IC Cairo (Semiramis) would be under $100.

Have Platinum IHG
Have Gold Hilton (Expecting to be Diamond before this stay though).

Grrrr..... was about to bite at $135 for the Conrad. The IC would now be quite a lot cheaper at the end of a pricey holiday.

How does the IC Semiramis compare to the Conrad ??
Old Aug 18, 2018, 4:25 pm
Suspended

Hi guys I am going to ask one question here. Reading on Tripadvisor I saw a guy claiming to be HH Gold and the Hilton Heliopolis give free Meet and Assist service because he is Gold. Is this possible?

And for the shuttle, if you do not have access to phone, where should you wait for the shuttle bus? I heard many hectic scenes upon arrival to CAI that people grab your bags and harass you all the way. Would like to hear some old timers to give some advice as it will be my first time going to Egypt by plane. Thanks.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 12:28 am

Did you get any feedback on this ?
Made a decision one way or the other ?
No, I didn’t get any feedback. I threw some points at the WA to make the rate more reasonable.
Staying next week if anyone wants me to check out anything particular.
Old Aug 31, 2018, 3:48 am

Just want to second @BOStonTravels - the Heliopolis Towers WA is the best Hilton property in Cairo, and as a result of my two night stay this week, is now in my top 5 in the world.

Staff are exceptional here (more than 50% of them greeted me by name on sight), and the pre-customs meet and greet for $50 is excellent. From airplane to car to the hotel in 6 minutes, and that included a medical check and a VOA application.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.