Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Current Points Purchase Promotion" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 31, 2022, 10:22 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: _kurt
Hilton Points Purchase Promotions
FAQ

How often does Hilton offer promotions on purchased points?

What is the typical / best offer?

Hilton frequently offers a 100% bonus on points purchases. There may be a minimum purchase required to receive the bonus.

How many points can I purchase in a calendar year?
The normal restriction in Hilton T&C limits each member to purchasing 80,000 points per year. Typically the bonus points are awarded after the restriction is enforced, meaning with a 100% bonus promotion you can purchase 80,000 points and receive another 80,000 as a bonus for a total of 160,000. Sometimes for promotions later in the year, Hilton will temporarily raise the limit on purchased points to 160,000 per year. Meaning, if you had purchased 80,000 in a previous promotion you could now purchase 80,000 more. Or, if it was the first points purchase of the year on your account you could purchase 160,000 and receive a bonus of 160,000.

What are the rules on purchasing points from a new / recently created Hilton account?

Posted by jbeckett in a now-locked thread:
From the Hilton Honors terms and conditions: https://www.hilton.com/en/hilton-honors/terms/

A new Hilton Honors Member may purchase Points 30 days after enrollment if the account reflects activity including a stay (as defined herein) or earning Hilton Honors Points through a Hilton Hilton Honors Marketing Partner. After 90 days of enrollment, a new Member is eligible to purchase Points regardless of their account activity.
Print Wikipost

Consolidated "Current Points Purchase Promotion" thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2016, 12:29 pm

Originally Posted by submonte
Just purchased the maximum amount of 80K + 64K = 144K points for $800 which boosts my account to >700K.

The offer is interesting as I am going to use the points to extend a stay at Rangali which is around 76K to 80K points per night (depending on the stay length).

The offer ends today Feb. 9th, 11:59pm ET.
The offer ended yesterday Feb 8th at midnight ET. Hilton site no longer showing bonus points when u buy.
Old Feb 9, 2016, 12:43 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, ALL Silver,, Miles&More
Originally Posted by abo456
The offer ended yesterday Feb 8th at midnight ET. Hilton site no longer showing bonus points when u buy.

The offer ends today, Feb 9th, 11:59pm ET, exactly as I said, I purchased the points 2h ago.

T/Cs out of the reminder mail of Feb. 8th:

Points purchased do not count towards elite tier qualification. Points.com and Hilton HHonors reserve the right to terminate bonus promotions at any time. All purchases must be made through the Purchase page on HHonors.com. The 80% discount is available for purchases made between January 18, 2016, at 12:01am ET and February 9, 2016, at 11:59pm ET. All purchases are non-refundable. Offer is subject to change. Offer cannot be combined with any other offer. Points will be posted to the recipients Hilton HHonors account within 24 hours of the completed transaction. Buy transactions are final and non-refundable. All Hilton HHonors program terms and conditions apply. Hilton HHonors™ membership, earning of Points and Miles™ and redemption of Points are subject to HHonors Terms and Conditions.

This email was delivered to x@y.

™ indicates a trademark of Hilton Worldwide.

This email was sent by Points.com. Click here to manage your subscriptions.
The Hilton HHonors Buy and Gift HHonors Points promotion is powered by Points.com, located at 171 John Street, Toronto, ON, M5T 1X3, Canada
©2016 Hilton Worldwide.

EDIT:

Hilton HHonors Points Purchase Confirmation

Dear X,
Thank you for your recent purchase of HHonors Points. Your purchase has been successfully completed and is summarized below:
Purchase Summary
CONFIRMATION NUMBER: aaa
PURCHASE DATE: Feb 09, 2016
HHONORS NUMBER: bbb
NAME: XY
POINTS PURCHASED: 80,000 + 64,000 Bonus

Billing Summary
BILLED TO: XY
TOTAL (BILLED TO YOUR CREDIT CARD)*: $800.00 USD
Your HHonors account balance has been updated to reflect your purchase. You may visit HHonors.com to access your HHonors account or to view redemption options for hotel Reward Nights, merchandise, or gift certificates.
Sincerely,
Hilton HHonors

Last edited by submonte; Feb 9, 2016 at 1:01 pm
Old Jun 9, 2016, 3:29 pm

Currently I'm seeing a promotion on hhonors.com that if you buy points, you get 100% bonus points. Is it recommended to buy points during a promotion that gives you double points for your dollar? Comes to 0.005c per point

Thanks
Old Jun 9, 2016, 8:51 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, HGVC, WN RR, National Exec, Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by billafin
Currently I'm seeing a promotion on hhonors.com that if you buy points, you get 100% bonus points. Is it recommended to buy points during a promotion that gives you double points for your dollar? Comes to 0.005c per point

Thanks
A couple months ago I bought 80,000 and got the 80,000 bonus for $800. I have a trip to FL planned for Feb 2017 that I would at a minimum be spending $180/night on what would normally be a 4 night stay. With the ability to get a 5th night free on a reward stay, I was able to book 5 nights at a Homewood Suites (that is currently at $295/night) using 120,000 points. So I can look at it as spending $600 to get either $900 worth of hotel value or almost $1500, if I use the rate the hotel is currently charging. To be realistic, I think you have to compare the value of the points you use to what cash you would spend at ANY (Hilton or non-Hilton) hotel in the same area.

If you think you can find value better than the $.005/point it makes sense. I still have a bunch of points, but have just booked two cash stays. One at a Hampton for $80/night (1 night stay) and the other at a HGI for $120/night (4 night stay which can't be extended). Makes no economic sense to use the points for those stays.
felicity5 likes this.
Old Jul 18, 2016, 8:12 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
How often does Hilton have points purchase sale?

I know a sale just ended, but now I realize I will have enough points for 3 reward nights for my trip in mid-october, but if I buy points for that 4th reward night, my 5th one will be free, which makes it worth it with a 100% point purchase bonus, but not as is. Anyone know the frequency? I am new to Hilton.

Thanks
Old Jul 18, 2016, 10:59 am
xyc

It seems to be something like every two or three months lately.

But the 80% bonus sale is still going through the end of today (11:59 pm ET), so if that's good enough for you, go for it! I wouldn't count on a better sale before your trip. https://secure3.hilton.com/en/hh/cus...t/purchase.htm
Old Jul 5, 2017, 2:47 pm

Programs: AA ExPlt, AAdmirals Club, Hilton Diamond
Hi People!
I am few points away from an award stay, looked at purchasing Honor Points, but no sale right now, $0.01 each. Anyone know when Hilton might be running another sale?
Thanks!
Old Jul 6, 2017, 7:46 am

Originally Posted by MCOSWAFlyer
Hi People!
I am few points away from an award stay, looked at purchasing Honor Points, but no sale right now, $0.01 each. Anyone know when Hilton might be running another sale?
Thanks!
Did you look at doing a Points & Cash stay or are you looking to get a 5th night free?
Old Jul 6, 2017, 9:48 am

Programs: AA ExPlt, AAdmirals Club, Hilton Diamond
Yes Birdie, fifth night free. Thanks!
Old Feb 5, 2018, 12:40 am

Just had an email to say Hilton have started their points sale again until March 16th.

Buy 5000 - 80000 points at $10 per thousand points and get an 80% bonus.
Old Feb 5, 2018, 3:56 am

Programs: AAdvantage, HHonors
I will wait for the 100% bonus.
Old Feb 5, 2018, 9:09 am

I received an email from Hilton yesterday with a 100% bonus. Offer good through 3/16 and says it's an AMEX specific offer.
Old Feb 5, 2018, 12:03 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, HH Diamond
I didn't get an email, but saw that 100% bonus offer when I logged into my account and went to the My Account Page > More Ways to Use Points > Buy More Points page.
Old Feb 16, 2018, 9:00 am

Programs: JetBlue, HH Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Gold
I bought some points using the bonus offer but they never showed up. Been waiting almost two days. So much for an instant deposit.
Old Mar 12, 2018, 11:52 am

In early February I got an offer from Hilton to buy points with a 100% bonus thru 3/16. On 3/7 I bought the max they allowed me and they posted to my account within a few hours. Today I get another email from Hilton offering a 80% bonus, also through 3/16. The crazy thing is that it doesn't appear this email was created with any knowledge that I had already bought points as it has my account balance pre-purchase. When I log into my account it says I have purchased the maximum for the year and to check back in 2019. I am aware that I was maxing out for the year, but I have to wonder why would they offer a lower bonus with the same expiration date?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.