Search

Hilton Beds Too Firm?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2006, 12:25 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Question

Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
I think your information may be more on target.
A call to the Diamond desk was strangely met with an agent who said I have no idea of what we have in our hotels or what you are talking about
Without further word she transferred the call to guest assistance in Memphis who started guessing after looking at their website
She was clearly wrong if your information is right

This is one area that Starwood excels at over Hilton.Defining exactly what those brand differences are.
Starwoods training is better with their agents and seems to have greater clarity in advertising. Which at the end of the day is clear in the consumer’s minds.
Hilton is a great company and it should clarify branded products/information in all areas of its website content and advertising more clearly.
It is fuzzy communication at present.Similar to fuzzy math
If you feel this strongly, send this exact information to flyertalk/diamond at hilton.com. Your comments could be part of the eliminating the "fuzzy" situations, you indicate above. In addition, this information could be beneficial to a number of people.
Old Feb 21, 2006, 9:09 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by Cheap Elite
If you feel this strongly, send this exact information to flyertalk/diamond at hilton.com. Your comments could be part of the eliminating the "fuzzy" situations, you indicate above. In addition, this information could be beneficial to a number of people.
And I do !
Thanks for the kind suggestion.I went through another contact I have out West.
I will see if they take the time to follow-up.
Should I hear anything I will certainly pass the information along.
Old Jan 7, 2009, 6:09 pm

Programs: Whoever Has the Best Bonus
I'm going to revive this really old thread and ask if anyone else thinks the new Hampton Inn beds are too firm. Obviously some think you can never be firm enough, but last night at a Hampton Inn I was tossing and turning all night since it was too firm and ended up sleeping on top of the comforter for some give. I then asked to change rooms and was told every bed is the same (which I guess makes sense). I tried anyway and it still seems way too firm for me.

It sucks now that Hilton has a double points promo that I might end up staying at a Choice hotel or something for a cheaper, mushier bed!
Old Jan 7, 2009, 6:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Diamond, B6 Mosaic, AS MPV Gold, UA Gold MM, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by ponycyndi
The "Suite Dreams" bed is in the Hilton, Garden Inn, Homewood Suites, and Embassy Suites- Doubletree and Hampton are the only ones without it.
No, Hilton Garden Inn has its own bed. It's not found at any of the other brands.

Originally Posted by Cheap Elite
I'm under the impression that the following brands have the following sleep "systems":
Hilton - Serenity Bed
Doubletree - Sweet Dreams Bed
HGI - Hilton Garden Inn Sleep System
Embassy Suites - N/A
Hampton Inn - N/A
Homewood Suites - N/A
Conrad - N/A
Hampton markets their bed as the "Cloud 9" bed. It was introduced in late 2005 or early 2006, and has been standardized across the chain.
Old Jan 7, 2009, 8:55 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Yep, you're right.

I'm OK with the Hampton beds, but like the firmness-adjustable HGI Sleep System beds I bought a mattress for my home. I like my side firmer, Lady JDiver likes hers not so firm - she says "it's like sleeping in my own cloud." She never said that at a Hampton...

Originally Posted by ssullivan
No, Hilton Garden Inn has its own bed. It's not found at any of the other brands.

Hampton markets their bed as the "Cloud 9" bed. It was introduced in late 2005 or early 2006, and has been standardized across the chain.
Old Jan 8, 2009, 4:35 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, SPG Platinum, Star Alliance GOLD
The beds at Hilton Istanbul is way too firm for my taste, but this is easy countered with a call to housekeeping. They will add a softer mattress on top of the standard stone. Sometimes I even ask them to get me double.

Actually I think for me this problem is much more frequent in Hilton than in other chains. I never had an issue in a Starwood or Hyatt property.
Old Jan 8, 2009, 5:50 pm

Programs: UA 1K, *Gold, HH Diamond, Priority Club Platinum, IC Plat Ambassador, Delta Skymiles
Personally, I think HGI and Hilton beds are AMAZING. HGIs in DC and VA where you can adjust the firmness, and Hiltons with their butter soft sheets and perfectly cushy smooshy mattress... I sleep better while travelling than I do at home.
Old Jan 8, 2009, 6:43 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by pitflyer
I'm going to revive this really old thread and ask if anyone else thinks the new Hampton Inn beds are too firm. Obviously some think you can never be firm enough, but last night at a Hampton Inn I was tossing and turning all night since it was too firm and ended up sleeping on top of the comforter for some give. I then asked to change rooms and was told every bed is the same (which I guess makes sense). I tried anyway and it still seems way too firm for me.

It sucks now that Hilton has a double points promo that I might end up staying at a Choice hotel or something for a cheaper, mushier bed!
I love the Hampton Inn beds... They're wonderfully firm, but then again, I'm one of those who thinks a bed can't be firm enough. Shortly after Mr. Kipper and I got married, we started shopping for a mattress. When we started shopping, he kept complaining that all of the mattresses I liked were too firm. Now, he's the one that really complains if the mattress is too soft.
Old Jan 9, 2009, 6:26 pm

Programs: DL Plat/SC 1MM, HHonors Gold, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Sam's Club
I've had no problem with beds in Hilton or Hampton Inns. But for the life of me, I can't figure out HGI's adjustable beds. There's that little dial on the side, under the sheet. I've never been able to get it to do anything. Most times I find the beds to be granite hard on at least one side.
Old Jan 9, 2009, 6:33 pm

Programs: US CP/AA EXP, HHonors Diamond, Marriott PLT, National Exec Elite, Avis 1st
Originally Posted by boeingATL
I've had no problem with beds in Hilton or Hampton Inns. But for the life of me, I can't figure out HGI's adjustable beds. There's that little dial on the side, under the sheet. I've never been able to get it to do anything. Most times I find the beds to be granite hard on at least one side.
I am so glad to hear this.. well, not glad.. but glad I am not the only one! I love the beds at the Hilton and Hampton, but find the new HGI beds hard as a rock. I can't figure out how to adjust them at all. No matter where I move the dial, the bed remains HARD. The last time I stayed at a HGI I almost slept on the floor.
Old Jan 9, 2009, 6:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, AA, B6, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG, SPG
Originally Posted by boeingATL
Well that explains some of the rock hard beds I've experienced at HGI's. I love the Hampton beds. I noticed the Serta trailer outside one Hampton Inn that had new beds installed earlier in the day and I had a great sleep that night. Everyone in the breakfast area were all cheerfull too which I had never seen before. I ended up getting a Serta perfect sleeper because of my experience at various Hamptons.
Old Jul 31, 2014, 6:31 pm

Programs: Skymiles, Mileage Plus
I am bumping up a thread that is over 5 years old but it is one that I found related to my issue. Last night I stayed at a brand new Hampton Inn and I guess I had forgotten how firm their mattresses are. I did not sleep well at all and woke up cranky and irritable. I don't mind a semi firm mattress but this felt like sleeping on the floor a bed of bricks. Awful. Just awful. I have had good luck with Hilton Garden Inn beds but the best to me are Holiday Inn/Express Suites have great beds and I get a good night sleep. I hope to get good night sleep tonight at a comfort inn.
Old Aug 3, 2014, 7:25 am

Originally Posted by AviationFan24
I am bumping up a thread that is over 5 years old but it is one that I found related to my issue. Last night I stayed at a brand new Hampton Inn and I guess I had forgotten how firm their mattresses are. I did not sleep well at all and woke up cranky and irritable. I don't mind a semi firm mattress but this felt like sleeping on the floor a bed of bricks. Awful. Just awful. I have had good luck with Hilton Garden Inn beds but the best to me are Holiday Inn/Express Suites have great beds and I get a good night sleep. I hope to get good night sleep tonight at a comfort inn.
I no longer stay at any Hilton Garden Inns ever I hate the updated mattress comfort over the past years
Now thanks to your heads up I have written off the Hampton Inn brand
I would stay occasionally in the past as at least the Hampton Inn beds were somewhat comfortable
The full service Hilton and Doubletree beds are reasonably comfortable
Not sure why they want to damage comfort satisfaction these lower end brands?
Added to a devalued program I wish them luck. I'm out completely except in the full service once in a while. I rarely stay in those preferring Hyatt Starwood and IHG.
I've replaced Hilton with Marriott since the massive program devaluation. The first thing that is notably better quality food and more generous is the breakfast benefit^
Old Aug 3, 2014, 8:04 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond
All I can say is that if you think a Hampton Inn bed is too firm, good luck at Marriott, I find their Courtyard and TownPlace beds to be hard as rocks compared to any Hilton bed.
Old Aug 3, 2014, 8:23 am

Originally Posted by Miesque
All I can say is that if you think a Hampton Inn bed is too firm, good luck at Marriott, I find their Courtyard and TownPlace beds to be hard as rocks compared to any Hilton bed.
I don't stay in limited service properties but rarely
Hyatt Place occasionally typically decent with their Grand Beds
Thanks for the warning though

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.