Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Beds Too Firm?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2006, 6:54 am

Programs: QF Gold, VA Red, SQ, HH Silver, Marriott Gold.
Have to disagree on Conrad Singapore, found the mattress very comfortable.
Old Feb 12, 2006, 8:30 am

Hilton Millenium bed is awesome, not hard at all! I stayed there for a few weeks near the end of the year and was so sad when we moved uptown. I am almost inclined to say better than the Heavenly Bed... .
Old Feb 12, 2006, 9:09 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Avis Rock Star
Originally Posted by 3timesalady
Hilton Millenium bed is awesome, not hard at all! I stayed there for a few weeks near the end of the year and was so sad when we moved uptown. I am almost inclined to say better than the Heavenly Bed... .
I agree 100%, the beds there are awesome!
Old Feb 12, 2006, 9:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Beds in the Conrad Bangkok are less soft and yielding than the bathroom floor and are probably the hardest and most uncomfortable beds I have ever slept in.

Beds at the Hilton London Metropole are very soft and comfortable, and are probably the best beds I have experienced in any Hilton worldwide.
Old Feb 12, 2006, 10:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by Rut Dog
It's been a while since I've had a really bad experience on a Hilton mattress... but I still find myself choosing Doubletree over Hilton because of the mattress issue.

And though it's been four years since I started this thread, I was reminded of it because apparently I'm not alone after all:I hear ya, brother.

My quote above was in reference more to the extremely uncomfortable texture of the sheets, not the mattress itself.
Old Feb 12, 2006, 1:46 pm

Programs: Air Canada Elite , Hilton Honors
Thumbs up

Maybe size does matter?

My personal preferences info with Hilton states 'King Bed No Smoking' and I'm almost always successful at getting a big bed. During my sleeps at a Nashville ES this past week (the one with the great lobby), I actually thought about how it would be to have a bed like this at home, and it got me remembering that I'd never had anything but a great king bed in any Hilton family hotel anywhere. Asia, Europe, England, Canada, the US of A -I always enjoy the big beds.
Don't recall any particularly good beds those times I end up in 'doubles'.

Commander Bob
Not a perfect sleeper.
Old Feb 12, 2006, 9:37 pm

Programs: UA MM, Hilton-Dia
Originally Posted by Land-of-Miles
Beds in the Conrad Bangkok are less soft and yielding than the bathroom floor and are probably the hardest and most uncomfortable beds I have ever slept in.
I concur. Rock hard beds. Great pillows though.
Old Feb 12, 2006, 9:58 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by mario33
The Beverly Hilton bed is better than Westin's Heavenly Bed.
I like them about the same with a slight edge to the Westin.
However the Doubletree brand is winning my business big time thanks to their excellent new bed ^ :-: :-: :-:
It is equal to the best Starwood beds(Westin,Sheraton,W) and is superior to the Hyatt Grand bed
The linens IMO are not up to the quality of the bed but certainly acceptable

Off topic The Beverly Hilton is an excellent property now.
I hope Hilton will copy the formula in this brilliant makeover and do it to their other properties.It would fast become one of my top brands of choice..
Hilton is finally coming of age slowly but surely ^

Last edited by 777 global mile hound; Feb 13, 2006 at 3:36 pm
Old Feb 13, 2006, 3:23 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
No mattress is too firm for me. It's far better than laying down on the edge of a king size mattress and rolling to the center, due to how soft and used it is.
Old Feb 17, 2006, 8:54 pm

Programs: AA PLT, USAir Gold
Originally Posted by kipper
No mattress is too firm for me. It's far better than laying down on the edge of a king size mattress and rolling to the center, due to how soft and used it is.
I agree. My boyfriend says that my bed is like sleeping on an examination table.

I used to stay at a Hilton in Turkey with a bed as firm as my own at home. I loved it - every time I stayed there, I got the best sleep.
Old Feb 17, 2006, 9:00 pm

I like a soft mattress. I bought a pillowtop and a featherbed thing for mine at home. The Shinjuku Hilton mattress was the hardest thing I've ever slept on. Well, except for maybe a holiday inn in which I stayed on the way to hiroshima. Next time I'm going to ask for a better pillow. I actually never even considered doing that.
Old Feb 21, 2006, 7:24 am

Programs: Hilton HHonors
Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
I like them about the same with a slight edge to the Westin.
However the Doubletree brand is winning my business big time thanks to their excellent new bed ^ :-: :-: :-:
It is equal to the best Starwood beds(Westin,Sheraton,W) and is superior to the Hyatt Grand bed
The linens IMO are not up to the quality of the bed but certainly acceptable

Off topic The Beverly Hilton is an excellent property now.
I hope Hilton will copy the formula in this brilliant makeover and do it to their other properties.It would fast become one of my top brands of choice..
Hilton is finally coming of age slowly but surely ^
The "Suite Dreams" bed is in the Hilton, Garden Inn, Homewood Suites, and Embassy Suites- Doubletree and Hampton are the only ones without it.

I bought one of these beds for myself, and it is the best sleep I ever had. All the tossing and turning that hubby can do does not wake me up. It even has labels on the corners, telling you when to turn the mattress.
Old Feb 21, 2006, 8:29 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by ponycyndi
The "Suite Dreams" bed is in the Hilton, Garden Inn, Homewood Suites, and Embassy Suites- Doubletree and Hampton are the only ones without it.

I bought one of these beds for myself, and it is the best sleep I ever had. All the tossing and turning that hubby can do does not wake me up. It even has labels on the corners, telling you when to turn the mattress.
I'm under the impression that the following brands have the following sleep "systems":
Hilton - Serenity Bed
Doubletree - Sweet Dreams Bed
HGI - Hilton Garden Inn Sleep System
Embassy Suites - N/A
Hampton Inn - N/A
Homewood Suites - N/A
Conrad - N/A
Old Feb 21, 2006, 10:15 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by Cheap Elite
I'm under the impression that the following brands have the following sleep "systems":
Hilton - Serenity Bed
Doubletree - Sweet Dreams Bed
HGI - Hilton Garden Inn Sleep System
Embassy Suites - N/A
Hampton Inn - N/A
Homewood Suites - N/A
Conrad - N/A
I think your information may be more on target.
A call to the Diamond desk was strangely met with an agent who said I have no idea of what we have in our hotels or what you are talking about
Without further word she transferred the call to guest assistance in Memphis who started guessing after looking at their website
She was clearly wrong if your information is right

This is one area that Starwood excels at over Hilton.Defining exactly what those brand differences are.
Starwoods training is better with their agents and seems to have greater clarity in advertising. Which at the end of the day is clear in the consumer’s minds.
Hilton is a great company and it should clarify branded products/information in all areas of its website content and advertising more clearly.
It is fuzzy communication at present.Similar to fuzzy math
Old Feb 21, 2006, 10:38 am

Programs: US Chairmans, AA Lifetime Gold, SPG Platinum
Yes, I generally prefer the Westin beds but the Beverly Hilton and SLC Hilton have beds much better than Heavenly. They are definitely not too firm, just perfect in my opinion.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.