Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Budapest City (was Hilton Budapest WestEnd) {HUN} (no longer Hilton Honors)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Budapest City (was Hilton Budapest WestEnd) {HUN} (no longer Hilton Honors)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2001, 6:05 am
Original Poster

I am planning a trip to Hungary and would like to stay in the Hilton Budapest. Does anyone know of this hotel? (facilities etc for gold members)
Old Mar 18, 2001, 7:04 am
DOC 2 BE

Which one?? There are now 2. If you mean the one on "Castle Hill" I stayed there in the summer, typical weak European A/C. Very small exercise room. Nice touch was a free bus excursion from the airport to the hotel, paid for by the hotel. Castle District is really nice, but is not in central Budapest. However, really great views of the Parlliament and Bridges accross the Danube.

I would stay there again, as transportation cost in Budapest are really very inexpensive, although it is about a 10-15 min walk to the neares bus stop.

If you want a more central location, the new Hilton is probably the one you want.

Was not a Gold when I stayed there.

Old Mar 18, 2001, 9:47 am
Original Poster

The name of the hotel is: Hilton Budapest WestEnd. I think that this is the new one: http://www.hilton.com/hotels/BUDWEHI/index.html
Old Jun 8, 2001, 7:00 am

Programs: FL, AA, DL
I hope the Hilton Budapest West End is a good place. I just snagged a 3-day reservation, mid-week, for 199DM a day (or about $87USD). This is a "pay up front and can't be refunded" reservation, but assuming I don't take deathly ill I'll be there.

I was planning on staying somewhere for about half this price, but it looked like a steal so I grabbed it. King size standard room, but I'm hoping I might get upgraded as a gold member.

It looks like this is a good deal, too. The Hyatt's charging a minimum of 440DM (for a queen), the other Hilton is charging 445DM (for the same type of room), and the Marriott is charging 409DM (for an executive room). I'm not sure why the West End is so cheap. I mean, non-refundable is part of it, but still. Weird.

(Edited to note that this is a 'pay up front' rate.)

[This message has been edited by ebell (edited 06-08-2001).]
Old Jun 8, 2001, 7:03 am
Original Member

The West End Hotel is great! Terrific location close to the subway and attached to a fantastic mall. A steal at that price. The staff loves HHonors members, so you will probbaly be upgraded. I hope you enjoy it.
Old Jun 8, 2001, 9:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
For other people considering a trip to Budapest - by far the hotel with the most character is the grand Hotel Gellert...

It's a 4 star property, built in 1917 for the elite of the Austro-Hungarian empire. Has huge rooms, many overlooking the Danube, but the biggest attraction is that guests have free access to the thermal baths (which are fantastic).

Nightly rates are about DM150 per person per night, but you can get special weekend packages (DM440 per person for a three night stay).

A (huge) grand dining room, terrace cafe and the hot baths are all features.

Sorry to rave about this one, but I have stayed there three times in the last 6 months and can't get enough of the place (but DON'T expect internet ports etc in all the rooms !!)
Old Jun 8, 2001, 9:33 am

Programs: UA Gold Million Miler, HH Gold, Marriott Gold
Another great historic hotel is the Ramada on Margarite Island (sp??). It is not centrally located at all but is in the middle of a park, quiet, and also has baths. It was really cheap when we stayed there some time ago.
Old Jun 8, 2001, 10:47 am
DOC 2 BE

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Originally posted by Karen2:
Another great historic hotel is the Ramada on Margarite Island (sp??). It is not centrally located at all but is in the middle of a park, quiet, and also has baths. It was really cheap when we stayed there some time ago.</font>
No longer a Ramada, and like a good many of the hotels in Budapest (like the first Hilton), I think it is owned by the Danubius Hotel group.

Old Apr 13, 2002, 10:21 am

Hilton Budapest WestEnd hotel

I was able to secure a reservation using HHonors points at the West End Hilton in Budapest. I think we will be happy with the location and the rooms. Do they have an executive lounge? Will we be entitled to any upgrades because we are Hilton Gold?
Thanks for all your help!
Suzanne
Old Apr 15, 2002, 3:09 pm

Programs: AA Plt, HH Diamond, IHG Plt
We are looking at going to Budapest too this summer and would also appreciate any information about this hotel. Thanks in advance.
Old Apr 15, 2002, 3:33 pm

I was there earlier this year. A Gold member, I was upgraded to the executive floor, the top (fifth, I think it was) floor. A new very nice hotel attached to (or part of) a big mall adjacent to a big train station. Breakfast at the lounge. I was also given a bottle of champaign and snack after checking into the room. I was staying at the lowest available rate then.

You would not get a nice view of the city and the river that you might get from the other Hilton. But I really don't mind staying at this new Hilton at all.
Old Apr 5, 2007, 4:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hilton Budapest WestEnd hotel: breakfast

I am about to book a room at the Hilton Budapest WE and there is a rate including buffet breakfast at just 5 euros more. As a gold, is there any point going for it or not (is the buffet breakfast any nicer than what they would give me as a gold anyway)?
Old Apr 5, 2007, 6:23 am

Programs: AA Plt, HH Diamond, IHG Plt
We stayed there this year and as Diamond were given choice of breakfast in lounge or going down to buffet. We went down to buffet as the choices there were many more. The lounge has limited space for breakfast items compared to the buffet downstairs.
Old Jun 25, 2009, 6:05 pm

Programs: Delta-Diamond; Hilton Diamond; Starwood-Platinum;
Help for Budapest West End Hilton Reservation

I booked a reservation in this hotel using the January sale (prebooked) for three nights in July for about $440. Unfortunately my wife broke her foot and we cannot travel. I contacted the diamond desk to see if anything can be done - either a cancellation for medical reasons, a postponment to another time or if they even just giving me stay credit if they would not waive the fee. The diamond desk claimed they contacted the hotel (after several weeks of trying to get an answer from them - they were not very useful in this situation) but they claimed the hotel would not respond to them. I e mailed the hotel directly using the e mail address the diamond desk gave me but I didn't even get a response from the hotel.
Do any of you have suggestions/contact information that I can use?
Old Jun 26, 2009, 10:24 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Gold Passport Diamond, bmi diamond club silver
Surely this is why people have travel insurance?

Usually travel insurance would cover loss of pre-booked accommodation due to medical reasons...?

The hotel is not obliged to, but of course anything positive would be seen as a customer service gesture... Have you tried calling the hotel, speaking to the sales manager and pleading your case?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.