Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Q. HH credit card snafu

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2002, 1:06 pm
Original Poster

Q. HH credit card snafu

I had my wedding recently at a Hilton property. I have a HH Visa and Amex. I thought they gave the same no. of miles, but realized at the last mintue that the Visa gives you 3 points per dollar spent at Hilton and the Amex 5 points.

When I realized this, I told the banquet manager to put the charges on the Amex instead. To make a long story short, she goofed and the charges went on the Visa. As a result, I will get about 10,000 fewer points.

My question is--what should I do about this? Should I ask the hotel to comp me 10,000 points or talk to HH directly? Or do you think its just nobody's fault and I should not get the extra points?
Old Apr 3, 2002, 1:28 pm

I would call the accounting department at the property and ask them to reverse the Visa charge and hit the Amex instead. Since you asked the banquet manager to do this, it should be something they take care of.
Old Apr 3, 2002, 1:37 pm
Original Poster

That's a great idea!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.