Wiki Posts
Search

Double points

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2002, 2:37 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Double points

Have been staying at the same Hilton property since December 2000 (4 nights per week). In November 2001, when Marriott introduced the double points promotion, I spoke with the Hilton Property Sales Director about getting double points at Hilton. I have an agreement in writing that I would receive double points from November 2001 until June 2002. A month ago, the management company was changed. I received a note from the new sales director that this agreement would not be honored. I was to receive all the points in July. At the moment my base point total is approximately 60000. Is there anything I can do about this or am I out of luck?
Old Apr 3, 2002, 2:56 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
A couple of things that I would start with:

Is it a Corporate owned or Franchised hotel? If its Corp, you shouldn't have a problem going through the Hh program as long as they see the supporting documents.

Are you planning on staying there much longer, do you have the ability to say you are going to stay there longer whether you intend to or not and tell them that you will be moving immediately to their nearest competitor. If you have collegues that stay there, notify them and try to influence them to change hotels, let the current management and cc Hh on the notice.

Write a letter to the CEO of Hilton. don't laugh this works, at least as far as having someone get back to you.

Notify the hotel that you will go public (internet) with the issue of changing the terms midstream. Even if you are just posting that here. IMHO, you should tell us the name of this hotel so we can avoid it. I wouldn't stay at this hotel knowing that they would do this.

Maybe you have done this, but go to the GM of the hotel, or the regional manager if applicable.

If the former management is still at hilton, see if you can contact them.

Small claims court. This seems like a valid contract to me (I'm not a lawyer but if its in writing it should hold)

I am assuming that this is as clear cut as it appears in your thread.

Hope you get your points

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.