Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Dubai Jumeirah Resort {ARE}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Dubai Jumeirah Resort {ARE}

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2012, 8:34 am

Originally Posted by COFF-Platinum
Be advised that there is currently construction in progress on both sides of this hotel that causes noise and vibration or rather should I say small earth quakes to happen throughout the day and night!

Also, access to the walk by taxi is cumbersome and slow during the weekend
Just got back myself and can 2nd the construction. Apparently a new entertainment complex on one side and some sort of beach club on the other.

If you get a room not facing the pool, you can watch the concrete pours overnight...if you're into that sort of thing. The noise isn't too bad, but there is a high crane with lights that moves about a lot and it can be quite distracting if you don't close the curtains.

Also - is it my imagination or have they installed water saving taps? One of the things I always enjoyed about their showers was a full blast.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 12:45 pm

Programs: M&M SEN
It wasabout time...this is desert after all...
Old Dec 14, 2012, 8:18 pm

Location: Since the BoSox and ChiSox won it, now it is the Cubs turn to take the Series. Go Cubs Go!
Originally Posted by qf_1020
I have to agree, I contacted Mr Adel Ashry before I stayed with the hotel. I received amazing service during my stay and would stay there any time I was visiting Dubai in future for a relaxing holiday.
I've received assistance from Mr Adel on several occasions, and he is one of the best and most helpful Hilton employees I have ever encountered.
Old Jan 8, 2013, 8:07 pm

Programs: AA, HH, SPG, UA
I've searched this hotel on the hiltons website and notice that there are 2 properties next to each other? One is the jumeirah resort and the other is the jumeirah residence. Booking an award stay at both is possible.

Will be traveling with kids, so was hoping to get more insight on which property to stay at. If I'm not mistaken, I think only the resort as a kids club.
Can the beach be accessed by both? Do they charge a resort fee? Sorry, couldnt get find too much info on the hiltons website. Thanks!

Also, how far is the the metro station? Seems close by looking at the map, but not sure if its walkable or a taxi or bus will be needed.
Thanks!

Last edited by express3; Jan 8, 2013 at 8:09 pm Reason: ...
Old Jan 9, 2013, 11:27 pm

Programs: AAdvantage EXP
I would be interested in some info on this as well. I am hoping to book either a two bed apartment on points at the residences if it is next to the Resort so we can access the facilities at the resort (if that is possible). There will be five of us - two grandparents, me, wife and 4yo boy.

Looking at google maps the residences and the resort seem far apart.
Old Jan 10, 2013, 7:42 am
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
These two properties are literally a minutes stroll apart. Across the slow-moving, single lane, one-way "The Walk" which contains many shops/cafes & amenities. There is also a walkway connecting them that goes across/above "The Walk". Facilities are shared/accessible between the two properties, although there is also a small pool at Residences but no match for the resort pool. The Residence is off-beach, the resort is on-beach. Residences are studios & apartments whilst Resort is a traditional family beach resort (that gets very very busy at peak times. The Metro is a long walk in Winter & not at all walkable in Summer. Cabs are cheap. Really cheap.
Old Jan 10, 2013, 3:30 pm

Location: Since the BoSox and ChiSox won it, now it is the Cubs turn to take the Series. Go Cubs Go!
The Hilton Jumeirah resort is directly across the street from the Hilton. These buildings are condos-flats and may have larger rooms with apartment like features like a full kitchen.
Old Jan 12, 2013, 12:25 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, SPG Gold, MR Gold
Hilton Dubai Jumeirah Resort

I have contacted Mr. Adel but unfortunately got a reply from cluster reservation team. None of my question was answered instead of copy paste my benefits from Hilton site.
Old Jan 18, 2013, 9:22 pm

Programs: UA Global Services, HH Diamond
Residences have access to Executive Lounge @ Hilton?

Do the Residences have access to the Executive Lounge at the Hilton next door?

I'm a Diamond torn between getting a suite at the Hilton or a loft apartment at the Residences. The suite + Diamond status gets me instant executive lounge access at the Hilton, but don't know if there's any HHonors perk at the Residence.

Do the properties share the manager (who's name/email was provided in the thread) or do they each have their own teams?
Old Jan 19, 2013, 8:57 am

Originally Posted by Weatherboy
Pretty sure they don't but hopefully someone else will confirm.

I'm a Diamond torn between getting a suite at the Hilton or a loft apartment at the Residences. The suite + Diamond status gets me instant executive lounge access at the Hilton, but don't know if there's any HHonors perk at the Residence.
Haven't stayed at the Residence but have done several times at the Hilton as a Gold, always upgraded to a better room and Exec lounge access apart from once when they were full with bankers !

Next trip they upgraded me to a suite as compensation, having seen pics of the loft apartments they're in a different league altogether. If room's important and the suite you're booking at the Hilton is bog standard then go for the Loft at the residence.
Old Feb 19, 2013, 12:12 pm

Latest on the construction....

Just got back yesterday - I was going to post a picture of the current construction/beach but I see FT only links (correct me if I'm wrong) to an image url and I don't have a place to host the image. If anyone's interested or want to host an image from the hotel balcony - just let me know how to get it to you.

In short, 3 months ago was the concrete pour of the foundation which meant a lot of trucks and flashing lights. Now it's the 1st floor which involves more hammering but fewer trucks. The beach is less crowded and cleaner than my last trip but other than the shower, the hotel is tip top.

I'm really not a fan of the water saving showers. I believe they've just turned down the water pressure but it's still a shower head that is designed to work with full pressure. They need to replace the shower heads.

Traffic is definitely worse around the Walk and roads leading to the main highway, but the airport doesn't seem as crowded as before.
Anyone else notice this?
Old Feb 19, 2013, 1:52 pm

Programs: UA Global Services, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by The_Diamond_Z
Just got back yesterday - I was going to post a picture of the current construction/beach but I see FT only links (correct me if I'm wrong) to an image url and I don't have a place to host the image. If anyone's interested or want to host an image from the hotel balcony - just let me know how to get it to you.

In short, 3 months ago was the concrete pour of the foundation which meant a lot of trucks and flashing lights. Now it's the 1st floor which involves more hammering but fewer trucks. The beach is less crowded and cleaner than my last trip but other than the shower, the hotel is tip top.

I'm really not a fan of the water saving showers. I believe they've just turned down the water pressure but it's still a shower head that is designed to work with full pressure. They need to replace the shower heads.

Traffic is definitely worse around the Walk and roads leading to the main highway, but the airport doesn't seem as crowded as before.
Anyone else notice this?
I was there 2 weeks ago. I saw the construction, but never heard any construction noise. They didn't seem too busy though...maybe they were waiting for inspections on the foundation to move forward.

I had a suite, so not sure if the showers are different between there & the regular rooms, but I saw no issue with water / pressure.

Traffic is bad... and on 2 days during my stay, it took an average of 60-90 minutes to get a taxi. On the other days, it was easy to get a taxi without much wait time. There is some work going on the nearby roads, but I couldn't figure out why things were moving so slowly (if at all, at times.) In most cases, because of the location of the Hilton at the Walk, taxi drivers were hesitant to drive to it; instead, they would take me to the circle/round-about just above it and have me walk back to the hotel from there. (The road below that circle in front of the Hilton is 1-way.)

Beach was clean...and both the beach and pool were busy but not crowded. Plenty of chairs/loungers to choose from.
Old Feb 19, 2013, 3:08 pm

Programs: BA Gold (GGL + CCR), Star* G, SPG Plat, HHonors Diamond

Do the properties share the manager (who's name/email was provided in the thread) or do they each have their own teams?
I have stayed at the Hilton and Residences a number of times and No, you do not get access to the lounge at the Hilton if you stay the Residences. Pool and beach access is OK as is putting charges to your Residences room account from bars and restaurants.
Old Aug 31, 2013, 1:35 am

Programs: Still a lowly Blue with BA but inching towards Bronze. Managed to get to KLM Silver!
Has anyone stayed here recently? The website still mentions the building work taking place on The Walk and that it can be see/heard from some rooms. Any advice on what part of the hotel to avoid would be appreciated.

Also, what is success rate for Gold being upgraded? Previously we stayed at the Dubai Creek and on both occasions were upgraded and given full breakfast in the restaurant, although I was Diamond at the time. That was 8 years ago and as we now have a 5 year old we felt the Jumeriah was a better choice than the Creek.

Having visited the Jumeriah when staying at the Creek we were aware that there was a kids club but there is no mention of this on the hotels webpage.
Old Aug 31, 2013, 4:50 am
cjd

Originally Posted by Gaza
Has anyone stayed here recently? The website still mentions the building work taking place on The Walk and that it can be see/heard from some rooms. Any advice on what part of the hotel to avoid would be appreciated.

Also, what is success rate for Gold being upgraded? Previously we stayed at the Dubai Creek and on both occasions were upgraded and given full breakfast in the restaurant, although I was Diamond at the time. That was 8 years ago and as we now have a 5 year old we felt the Jumeriah was a better choice than the Creek.

Having visited the Jumeriah when staying at the Creek we were aware that there was a kids club but there is no mention of this on the hotels webpage.
We stayed there in April this year. As the hotel was extremely busy, we were not upgraded even as diamond. We were given Lounge access. The adjacent development is called "The Beach" and to avoid facing it, you need to ask for a room with a pool view. We were disappointed with this return visit as we found this time that the beach and pool seemed to be overcrowded and we put it down to the fact that all the guests in the recently opened Hilton Residences were able to use the hotel facilities. People were even booking sunbeds by the pool with their towels very early before breakfast and the pool attendants didn't seem bothered. Thought that only happened in Spain!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.