FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton Dubai Jumeirah Resort {ARE}
View Single Post
Old Feb 19, 2013, 1:52 pm
Weatherboy

Programs: UA Global Services, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by The_Diamond_Z
Just got back yesterday - I was going to post a picture of the current construction/beach but I see FT only links (correct me if I'm wrong) to an image url and I don't have a place to host the image. If anyone's interested or want to host an image from the hotel balcony - just let me know how to get it to you.

In short, 3 months ago was the concrete pour of the foundation which meant a lot of trucks and flashing lights. Now it's the 1st floor which involves more hammering but fewer trucks. The beach is less crowded and cleaner than my last trip but other than the shower, the hotel is tip top.

I'm really not a fan of the water saving showers. I believe they've just turned down the water pressure but it's still a shower head that is designed to work with full pressure. They need to replace the shower heads.

Traffic is definitely worse around the Walk and roads leading to the main highway, but the airport doesn't seem as crowded as before.
Anyone else notice this?
I was there 2 weeks ago. I saw the construction, but never heard any construction noise. They didn't seem too busy though...maybe they were waiting for inspections on the foundation to move forward.

I had a suite, so not sure if the showers are different between there & the regular rooms, but I saw no issue with water / pressure.

Traffic is bad... and on 2 days during my stay, it took an average of 60-90 minutes to get a taxi. On the other days, it was easy to get a taxi without much wait time. There is some work going on the nearby roads, but I couldn't figure out why things were moving so slowly (if at all, at times.) In most cases, because of the location of the Hilton at the Walk, taxi drivers were hesitant to drive to it; instead, they would take me to the circle/round-about just above it and have me walk back to the hotel from there. (The road below that circle in front of the Hilton is 1-way.)

Beach was clean...and both the beach and pool were busy but not crowded. Plenty of chairs/loungers to choose from.