Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Michigan, USA {US-MI}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Michigan, USA {US-MI}

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2002, 11:38 am

Programs: DL DM, 1MM AA PLT 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, and...Smiles Diamante
options near DTW

Of the Doubletree, Hilton Suites, and Garden Inn, which is the best choice? From your experience, does one offer better Gold VIP service than the others?

I usually stay at the Marriott at the terminal, but I desperately need a change of pace.

Thanks.
Old May 20, 2002, 12:31 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by snorkmaster:
Of the Doubletree, Hilton Suites, and Garden Inn, which is the best choice? From your experience, does one offer better Gold VIP service than the others?

I usually stay at the Marriott at the terminal, but I desperately need a change of pace.

Thanks.
</font>

Stayed at the HGI last year and it was pretty nice. No special treatment as diamond, but then again I got in at 11, left 6am. It was brand new, which I appreciate.
Old May 20, 2002, 1:07 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, AA Plat MM
The Hilton Suites is just okay. The hotel is a bit rundown and their restaurant is very average. I'm usually in a Park 'n' Fly situation there and their rates for that are quite low if booked in advance. Also on the positive side, your points post very quickly.
Old May 21, 2002, 1:29 pm

Programs: DL, UA, AA, B6, BA (airline status-free leisure traveler), Hilton Diamond
I stayed at the H.G.I. last night. Was upgraded to a suite and given voucher for full, hot breakfast in lobby. Nice, new hotel.
Old May 21, 2002, 2:52 pm
alm

Programs: Alaska MVP
I've stayed at the Doubletree. Seemed like a nice place. Even as a Silver they said they gave me a better room. I was only there one night so cannot say too much other than if they noticed I was silver they must pay attention to the HHonors program.
Old May 21, 2002, 4:33 pm
Suspended

stayed at the DT last Nov. Nothing special in mind eyes.Only reason I stayed was needed a different Hilton property, also they offered a DT Value Rate at the time, if I remember correctly it was $66. The pool area was closed due to repairs.The room was just a room.

The only DT I've ever stayed in that was worth it was the DT downtown PHL(Philly).
Old Jun 17, 2002, 11:23 am

Do any Michigan Hilton Properites accept pets?

I was just wondering if anyone in Michigan knew if any Hilton properites accepted Pets?

I've checked with about 8 Hampton Inn's and they said "no pets" but supposedly HHonors told me that some do accept pets but she did not know which ones.

Doh! I want to stay at a Hilton property but they do not want "Fido". So much for being Gold!
Old Jun 17, 2002, 3:55 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Grab a AAA Guidebook for MI. They now indicates whether or not a hotel allows pets. Good luck!
Old Jun 17, 2002, 4:05 pm

Actually, AAA also publishes a hotel directory that lists hotels nationwide that accept pets. It's not one of the free Tourbooks, but it's fairly inexpensive.
Old Jun 17, 2002, 4:46 pm

I believe most DO NOT accept pets, but it's probably worth your while to check with AAA... just don't be a PEST and call 12 times in a day just to see if you get the answer you wanted... (oops, this may be intended for the 50K pts thread)
Old Jun 17, 2002, 5:07 pm
mypriceline.com

if hilton allowed all golds to have pets and with 90% of people gold or diamond there would be lots of dogs running the show

Old Jun 18, 2002, 10:42 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by mypriceline.com:
if hilton allowed all golds to have pets and with 90% of people gold or diamond there would be lots of dogs running the show</font>
and if 90% of gold and diamond would book their hotel stays through priceline.com, do you think priceline.com would throw in "pet of your choice" as a sign up bonus?
Old Jun 19, 2002, 3:57 pm

No, you have to pay with cash or credit card.
Old Jun 19, 2002, 4:32 pm

Actually there are a few Hilton properties that accept pets.

Hampton Inn - Stevensville
Homewood Suites - Grand Rapids ($80.00 deposit and extra $5.00 a day per pet)
Old Sep 27, 2002, 5:55 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold since '02, Hertz President's Circle since '07
Detroit Airport (DTW)

Where would you recommend staying near the Detroit airport?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.