Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton San Diego Gaslamp Quarter {US-CA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton San Diego Gaslamp Quarter {US-CA}

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2017, 9:51 pm

Which would you rather have for the same price: deluxe with French doors or premium view of san diego?
Old Aug 8, 2017, 7:12 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by joetro
Which would you rather have for the same price: deluxe with French doors or premium view of san diego?
I want that massive suite (Presidential?) I got a couple years ago
Old Aug 9, 2017, 11:29 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy, HH Diamond, AA EXP, VS Gold, BAEC Silver, Global Entry, UK RT
Have a stay tomorrow night booked for my birthday. Pre-upgraded to a suite. Looking forward to a fab time in San Diego. ^
Old Aug 9, 2017, 11:49 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by fabulousflygirl
Have a stay tomorrow night booked for my birthday. Pre-upgraded to a suite. Looking forward to a fab time in San Diego. ^
Unavoidable! Happy birthday!
Old Aug 9, 2017, 11:55 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy, HH Diamond, AA EXP, VS Gold, BAEC Silver, Global Entry, UK RT
Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
Unavoidable! Happy birthday!
Thanks very much! Got all the bars and restos mapped out for my night.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 9:09 pm

Is there an executive lounge here?
Old Sep 30, 2017, 2:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by joetro
Is there an executive lounge here?
Hi,

No there is not.

regards

TBS
Old Sep 1, 2018, 11:00 am

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Formerly Starbucks Gold
I’m not usually one to complain, but the breakfast buffet situation really irks me.

as a diamond member, I get breakfast, but only partial access.

no scrambled eggs, bacon, or tater tots. that costs $10 to upgrade to.

instead you get access to muffins, fruit, toast, and juice, and something resembling pancakes.

is this the trend of Hilton’s? I expect better from higher end properties.

Last edited by BThumme; Sep 1, 2018 at 11:05 am
Old Sep 7, 2018, 11:10 pm
PeS

Programs: Hilton Lifetime Diamond, BA Gold
The same at "The Waterfront Beach Resort, a Hiltton Hotel" in Hungtington, CA two years ago, or at Hilton Financial District San Francisco.
Seems to be just the US thing, it's always a full brekkie in Europe for DIA.
Old Mar 15, 2021, 12:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Pretty stale thread, but wanted to make a quick post from a 2 night stay this weekend. I booked for 31k points/nt and upgraded to a "premium view" room overlooking the convention center and as much of the water as I could see. Was nice to have a balcony and was on the top floor, though the room itself was pretty textbook Hilton and nothing all that special. Services were pretty limited as the restaurant isn't open (indoor dining isn't allowed yet) so no breakfast was provided for diamond/gold. I was told I could buy pre-made, refrigerated breakfast burritos and continental breakfast boxes from the marketplace There is a $25/nt resort fee (as usual, waived due to booking with points) which includes $25/nt in food and beverage credit, and a bunch of "benefits" that are already free as an elite. I had the breakfast burrito ($15) on the second morning and it wasn't very good, to be honest. Seems like the main selling point of the hotel is the location, which is fantastic. Easy walking distance from nearly everything we wanted to do, and a large number of blocks in Gaslamp are closed to cars during covid to allow restaurants outdoor dining space and space for people to mill about. I'd probably consider staying here again if and when normal amenities return. My friends staying at a nearby Marriott property had a room service credit for breakfast, by comparison.

View from my room:

kirkwoodj likes this.
Old Jul 10, 2021, 9:25 am

Programs: LH HON
Any recent stays?
Old Jul 10, 2021, 2:16 pm

Location: SoCal; DO-RAGS: Old Gold tagged, PIP, LatPass 1/2, AA 4MM, HH LT Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, Omni
Originally Posted by ckx2
Any recent stays?
About two weeks ago.

The restaurant is was only open a few days a week due to “inability to get staff”. Understandable, yet inexcusable. My stay just predated the food credit so I don’t know if it’s stackable with the $25 resort fee credit for Diamonds, although my folio wasn’t credited the $25 so I had to call to resolve. I think the resort fee includes a bike rental.

Valet only parking at $50 per day was efficient.

This is perfectly adequate hotel nicely situated near the convention center, Midway, Petco and entertainment district. If the price point is good go for it, but I wouldn’t pay a premium.
ckx2 likes this.
Old Aug 2, 2021, 11:22 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, HH DIA, Hertz PC, GE + Pre✓, Amazon Super Special Prime
Just finished a 2 night stay over the weekend @ this property.

We arrived late evening on Friday, and much to my surprise the valet was full up - even for hotel guests. Apparently they sold too many spots to people parking for the Padre's game Friday evening. Valet was helpful tho, pointed me to 2 lots within a 5 minute walk to the hotel and he guaranteed me a spot for Saturday morning when my parking at the other lot expired. Fair enough, and he was true to his word. And looking back at the bill, I don't think I got charged for Saturday's parking fee so I guess it was a Win-Win. Also, they do honor in-out privileges

To the hotel... very standard Hilton affair.
Rooms were clean, but in the 5-ish year old range showing a little age. We booked a basic king room, got the upgrade to a king premium room (assigned about 24 hours before arrival) which ended up being the corner room on the top floor, looking out on the gas lamp quarter and 4th Ave. Also had a little view of the convention center and the aft-half of whatever carrier was docked over in Coronado.

Diamond status was recognized at breakfast. Complimentary plate for Diamond members was the 2 egg breakfast + OJ and Coffee. Food was good and turn around on ordering was pretty quick.
For 2 people + tax, the "value" they wrote on the ticket was $53. So we saved $100 on breakfast for the weekend, I think that represents a good perk for Diamonds

The location was nice, right in the heart of downtown and was walking distance to some cool bars and restaurants.
Plenty of those scooter things laying around if you wanted to go a bit farther. 5th Ave is still limited to pedestrian traffic only and vendors have booths all along it.

Would stay again, but only if the rate was reasonable.
Cash rate was $350/nt for our stay, for which we used points and got a pretty good value out of them.
Hilton Bayfront looked to have a better view of the bay (higher floors, closer to water), so I might check them out next time.
Old Sep 25, 2021, 9:09 am

Programs: United Silver and HH Diamond
Thinking of staying here for 5 nights to sightsee. I would probably use points. However, the reviews on TA aren't great and that worries me. What do you folks think? I am Diamond.
Old Sep 25, 2021, 10:30 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, HH DIA, Hertz PC, GE + Pre✓, Amazon Super Special Prime
Originally Posted by ChinaShrek
Thinking of staying here for 5 nights to sightsee. I would probably use points. However, the reviews on TA aren't great and that worries me. What do you folks think? I am Diamond.
See my review above.

With Diamond, and on a reasonable points-cost stay, it is a good property. Walking distance to a lot of sights, bars, restaurants, etc. Uber ride for the rest.

Parking seems pricey, especially for 5 nights, IF you have a car to park. But that would be my only negative thing to say.

Let me know if you have other questions.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.