Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton San Diego Gaslamp Quarter {US-CA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton San Diego Gaslamp Quarter {US-CA}

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2021, 10:36 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by ChinaShrek
Thinking of staying here for 5 nights to sightsee. I would probably use points. However, the reviews on TA aren't great and that worries me. What do you folks think? I am Diamond.
Location is the big winner for this place, and why it remains my go-to in SD.
ChinaShrek likes this.
Old Sep 25, 2021, 11:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Thinking of staying here for 5 nights to sightsee. I would probably use points. However, the reviews on TA aren't great and that worries me. What do you folks think? I am Diamond.
In the BC era, my stay (as a Diamond) was ok. I would agree with kirkwoodj that from a location perspective, this property puts you directly with access to 4th and 5th Avenues as well ready access to Harbor Drive and the Gaslamp Muni station.

For the Gaslamp Marriott, you're a block or two away from Gaslamp proper but you already indicated that you don't have Marriott status so I'd defer to folks who've stayed at either/both in more current times.

David
Old Sep 25, 2021, 11:03 am

Programs: United Silver and HH Diamond
Originally Posted by jtav559
See my review above.

With Diamond, and on a reasonable points-cost stay, it is a good property. Walking distance to a lot of sights, bars, restaurants, etc. Uber ride for the rest.

Parking seems pricey, especially for 5 nights, IF you have a car to park. But that would be my only negative thing to say.

Let me know if you have other questions.
I won't have a car, so that's not an issue. Is the restaurant open for a meals? A lot of the Tripadvisor reviews seem to be critical about food at this hotel but you seemed to like breakfast. What about dinner?

Last edited by ChinaShrek; Sep 25, 2021 at 11:08 am
Old Sep 25, 2021, 12:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
I won't have a car, so that's not an issue. Is the restaurant open for a meals? A lot of the Tripadvisor reviews seem to be critical about food at this hotel but you seemed to like breakfast. What about dinner?
Given your intent to stay in Gaslamp or Downtown, there's better food available for dinner than in the hotel.

David
Old Sep 26, 2021, 4:11 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by DELee
Given your intent to stay in Gaslamp or Downtown, there's better food available for dinner than in the hotel.

David
+1,000,000!
Old May 25, 2023, 8:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Sometimes known as [ARG:6 UNDEFINED]
Major renovations at Gaslamp appear to be nearing an end. Rooms are updated, though...beige. Like, 1990s beige. KInd of odd.

The restaurant area is a complete makeover; brand new furniture was being set yesterday as I left the place.
kirkwoodj likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.