Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Japan {JPN}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 21, 2015, 5:02 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Kiwi Flyer
Print Wikipost

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Japan {JPN}

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2013, 6:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
The registration site is only in Japanese for this 5000 Points promo and says I'm already registered. Looks like the 1k per weeknight, 2k per weekend night promo. Is this embedded in that promo?
Old May 18, 2013, 11:12 pm

Programs: Chase Million Miler, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Platinum
All,

When planning my trip through Tokyo next March, I was expecting that the Citi Hilton Reserve weekend stay certificates could only be used at Category 1-7 properties, so I was expecting to stay at the Hilton Tokyo.

Now, it appears that the certificates can be used at any hotel, which brings the Conrad back into play. I have no HHonors points in the bank at the moment. 100k is easy for me to obtain, 170k requires a bit more work. We're going to be in Tokyo on leisure and have no plans right now on what we want to see.

So, question: Is Conrad worth the extra points? Options to choose from:
4 nights Hilton
4 nights Conrad
2 nights Conrad / 2 nights Hilton
2 nights Conrad / 2 nights Park Hyatt

If you guys were in my shoes, which options would you pick and why? I'm not a huge fan of switching hotels, but the PH gets such rave reviews that I'm wondering if it's actually worth it.
Old May 19, 2013, 6:58 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by DHAST
All,

When planning my trip through Tokyo next March, I was expecting that the Citi Hilton Reserve weekend stay certificates could only be used at Category 1-7 properties, so I was expecting to stay at the Hilton Tokyo.

Now, it appears that the certificates can be used at any hotel, which brings the Conrad back into play. I have no HHonors points in the bank at the moment. 100k is easy for me to obtain, 170k requires a bit more work. We're going to be in Tokyo on leisure and have no plans right now on what we want to see.

4 nights Hilton
4 nights Conrad

If you guys were in my shoes, which options would you pick and why? I'm not a huge fan of switching hotels, but the PH gets such rave reviews that I'm wondering if it's actually worth it.
The rooms are much larger at the Conrad vs. the Hilton if that matters to you. Location wise, both are very different, but since they are also relatively close to the Yamanote line, you can get to most parts of Tokyo easily. On the other hand, I would guess your chances on getting upgraded to the EL level are slightly better at the Hilton as a Gold. As a Diamond, I'll always pick the Conrad though...
Old May 19, 2013, 1:23 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by aznrayne
Very informative thread. I would like to ask for some advice/input:

I have 195K HHonors points and 2 free nights from the Hyatt Credit Card. I also got upgraded to free HHonors Gold status. I will have Gold status for Hyatt because of the credit card.

I've never been to Tokyo but it seems like this is what I am thinking currently:
-2 free nights from the Hyatt card at the Park Hyatt
-4 night AXON award at Conrad Tokyo (145K)
-either a 5th night at Conrad (50K) or spend a night at Hilton Tokyo (40K)

Would you spend 5 nights at Conrad Tokyo versus 4 nights Conrad and 1 night Hilton?

I also plan on using 32K Ultimate Rewards points for 4 nights at the Hyatt in Osaka, and then staying my final two nights at more traditional Japanese ryokan, possibly in Kyoto.

I have not traveled and stayed in hotels abroad very much, so I am not sure what exactly the executive lounge entails versus just getting free breakfast as a Gold HHonors member. Could someone clarify? Is happy hour only for people who got an executive floor room? How about the pool and/or fitness room at Conrad vs. Hilton? What kind of an upgrade am I likely to get with my status?

Suggestions on what to see in the surrounding Conrad and Shinjuku areas, or in other parts of Tokyo would be much appreciated as well!
Last time in Tokyo I split my time between the Conrad and the Hilton Skinjuku thinking they were on opposite ends of the city (which they are). I'd never do it again. Next time it's all Conrad all the time. The Hilton Shinjuku is big and busy. Not bad, but the Conrad was much calmer. You can get to Shinjuku area by metro fairly easy from the Conrad if there are places there you want to see. At the Hilton it's a 10 min walk to Shinjuku station or you wait for the hotel shuttle. Again, not bad, but somewhat inconvenient.

If you have two free nights at the Park Hyatt, take it! But don't jump to three hotels when two are just fine.
Old May 19, 2013, 2:05 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Platinum+Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, Delta Plat, United Silver, AX Biz Cent
Originally Posted by DHAST
4 nights Hilton
4 nights Conrad

Personally, I would suggest either 4 nights Conrad or 2 Conrad/2 PH.

I'm doing an upcoming stay 9 nights Conrad (pre-deval points) + 3 nights PH (2 Chase free night vouchers + points). I've stayed at the PHT before all-cash, and it was absolutely worth it.

Japan is a service culture, and I always like to see the best of what a particular place has to offer.
Old May 19, 2013, 5:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Not sure if you all agree but after observing the whole situation here a few pro and con from my side as well.

Conrad Tokyo
+ Luxurious Hotel and nicely appointed rooms
+ Received an UPG to a Suite after pushing a little (high rate)
+ Location close to Tsukiji (if you want to visit the Fish Market)

- Not a great location despite the Subway right in front
- Lounge is very underwhelming, I don't like the open kitchen look
- The lounge offerings are very mediocre in the evening, bf is ok.
- The Limousine Bus connection from NRT has really bad intervals

Tokyo (Shinjuku) Hilton
+ Location in Shinjuku is great
+ The Lounge is very good, especially the evening cocktail hour
+ Cash & Points awards are a very good value here
+ Very frequent service from NRT/HND via Bus & NEX.

- Upgrades are very scarce, they had me in a standard room twice and I really needed to push or otherwise cancel and move to the Hyatt next door.
- Regular (Even Executive Rooms) are a bit small but functional
- Hotel is very busy, a typical Business Hotel with many rooms
Old May 19, 2013, 10:47 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX
Not sure if you all agree but after observing the whole situation here a few pro and con from my side as well.

Conrad Tokyo
+ Luxurious Hotel and nicely appointed rooms
- Lounge is very underwhelming, I don't like the open kitchen look
- The lounge offerings are very mediocre in the evening, bf is ok.
skywalkerLAX - I would agree with you.
Old May 22, 2013, 7:29 am

Programs: US/AA-Platinum, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Gold, AVIS-Presidents Club, National-Executive Elite

Conrad Tokyo
- The Limousine Bus connection from NRT has really bad intervals
N'EX and Taxi from Tokyo Station is an excellent alternative. Especially considering you have that as a + from the Hilton. And p.s. there is nothing "limousine-like" about that bus. Its a bus. Think Greyhound. Its not a limousine bus, if you're used to limo buses in the USA.

Tokyo (Shinjuku) Hilton
+ Location in Shinjuku is great
This is certainly subjective. It depends on what you want to do in Tokyo.
Old May 22, 2013, 9:56 am

Programs: Marriott LT Platinum+Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, Delta Plat, United Silver, AX Biz Cent
Originally Posted by bkafrick
N'EX and Taxi from Tokyo Station is an excellent alternative. Especially considering you have that as a + from the Hilton. And p.s. there is nothing "limousine-like" about that bus. Its a bus. Think Greyhound. Its not a limousine bus, if you're used to limo buses in the USA.
I think the main attraction to the Limobus is that:
a) it is direct from airport to hotel
b) your baggage is handled for you
c) you do not have to figure out how to navigate Tokyo's metro system tired, with luggage

If you are comfortable navigating a metro system in a foreign language, or have been to Tokyo before, and don't mind lugging your bags somewhat, of course the Narita Express will be faster and likely cheaper.

Agree that Limobus is a greyhound-like experience

Originally Posted by bkafrick
(Re Shinjuku)
This is certainly subjective. It depends on what you want to do in Tokyo.
I stayed at Park Hyatt Tokyo a few years back, and found the Shinjuku station highly convenient for accessing all parts of the city. I think the question is more along the lines of if you are comfortable with taking subways everywhere or not. As a former Manhattanite -- it seems like home to me.
Old Jun 24, 2013, 2:33 am

Hilton Japan: 48-Hour 50% off Sale

Looks like Hilton has a nice promotion for their hotels in Japan.

Suspect this is to celebrate their 50th anniversary of being in Japan, since they opened the original Hilton Tokyo.

http://www.hiltononline.jp/sale50/en/

Last edited by MileageAddict; Jun 24, 2013 at 6:14 am Reason: correct URL
Old Jun 24, 2013, 2:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Nice find.
Old Jun 24, 2013, 7:44 am

Programs: Darth Vader of AMEX, A ladys best friend of Hilton, Pt78 of SPG, *G ,*S, ANA VIP
thanks

Originally Posted by Aventine
Nice find.
now lets see, what the rates will be
will it be really 50% off, or are the hotel rates up, so its maybe 20% off the best rate...

dp
Old Jun 24, 2013, 10:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

and taxes, service charges still to come.
Old Jun 24, 2013, 10:38 am

Programs: Skywards Platinum
Hilton Narita already has the rates loaded and rooms can be booked, a day early. It is a true 50% off for the dates I needed (standard rate was 9000 Yen, AAA rate was 8550 Yen, promotion rate I paid was 4500 Yen).

The website says the Hilton Narita can be had for as low as 3000 Yen, but I went through every date until the promotion period ends in March and the lowest I could find was 4000 Yen.

Last edited by whimike; Jun 24, 2013 at 11:45 am
Old Jun 24, 2013, 12:01 pm

Programs: AS MVPG
I'm having the same experience with Tokyo Bay. None of the advertised rates available through March.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.