FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hilton | Hilton Honors (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors-417/)
-   -   DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Frankfurt Airport, Germany {DEU} (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors/1225438-discussion-hilton-honors-hotels-frankfurt-airport-germany-deu.html)

USAFAN Jun 25, 2006 11:57 am

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Frankfurt Airport, Germany {DEU}

... didn't find this posted:

Hilton is going to build to new hotels at FRA Airport. It will be called AIRRAIL-CENTER, next to FRA on the roof of the train station.

The article is in German, but the pictures are nice.

http://www.manager-magazin.de/life/f...423034,00.html

cjd Jun 25, 2006 12:21 pm

Just in the last couple of days, I think this post refers to the same new building of a Hilton and Hilton Garden Inn at Frankfurt Airport, sharing some facilities:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=572160

USAFAN Jun 25, 2006 2:02 pm

Originally Posted by cjd
Just in the last couple of days, I think this post refers to the same new building of a Hilton and Hilton Garden Inn at Frankfurt Airport, sharing some facilities:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=572160

Yes, the other post, which I was not aware of, refers to the same building.

Hilton will auf allein 30.000 Quadratmetern neben einem Fünf-Sterne-Luxushotel auch ein preiswerteres Hotel betreiben.
The article in manager-magazine mentions only two Hilton hotels, no names: One 5-star and one with lower prices...

theblakefish Jun 25, 2006 2:33 pm

I hope that they kep the glass dome thingy that covers the FRA rail station waiting area. It gives me a moment of Zen to arrive on my transcon and them get to see the great outdoors while waiting for my train there (even if it is raining).

ContinentalFan Jun 25, 2006 3:30 pm

Excellent news. I am probably going to start using FRA a lot; I love Hiltons.

alc Jun 12, 2011 2:16 pm

DISCUSSION for Hilton HHonors Hotels in Frankfurt Airport, Germany {DEU}

Hilton Frankfurt Airport Hotel

Was researching for my trip next year and found this hotel. It state the following at the top of the page:

This hotel will soon be joining the Hilton Worldwide Portfolio of Brands and is presently accepting reservations for arrival March 1, 2012 and beyond

Does anyone have any more info about this hotel? Was it a re-branded hotel? Or is it a brand-new hotel, as I can't find any review on Trip Advisor.

I did a few search but can't seem to find any info. If there are some existing info, please help direct me to that posts.

Thanks.

alc

bigbuy Jun 12, 2011 2:41 pm

It is a brand new hotel and they have been working on it for I think 2 years or more. Must have had problems since it was originally supposed to be open early this year. It is above the ICE train terminal in the airport.

ACflyerDE Jun 12, 2011 3:17 pm

There will also be a new Hilton Garden Inn opening right next door at the same time.

Rambuster Jun 12, 2011 3:21 pm

Hopefully this will bring down the rates at the airport Sheraton!

servus Jun 12, 2011 4:04 pm

I'll let you know when they are finally ready to open. Don't expect them to open this year at all!

SJS58 Jun 12, 2011 4:20 pm

It looks huge. We drove by it a few weeks ago on our way in and out of the airport. I hope we can use it next time we fly in/out of Frankfurt. We did enjoy staying in Mainz though.

alc Jun 12, 2011 10:30 pm

Thanks for everyone quick respond. Our trip is next year - end of March. So hopefully they will not delay again. Initially, was going to stay either the Sheraton or the HI nearby, but I do not have status with SPG any more. Also rather stay at a hotel that link to the airport that can walk over waiting for shuttle bus.

Thanks.

NewbieRunner Jun 13, 2011 2:16 pm

Originally Posted by servus (Post 16548907)
I'll let you know when they are finally ready to open. Don't expect them to open this year at all!

But I have a reservation there in December 2011! :p They were taking reservations for September/October onwards earlier this year.

AK-business-traveler Jun 13, 2011 3:57 pm

hear, hear!

Originally Posted by Rambuster (Post 16548710)
Hopefully this will bring down the rates at the airport Sheraton!

Yes, the Sheraton Frankfurt Airport could definitely use a little competition... their rates are frequently outrageous - though their lounge is very good. Am very much looking forward to the new Hilton properties!

YXSflyer Jun 13, 2011 7:00 pm

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner (Post 16554128)
But I have a reservation there in December 2011! :p They were taking reservations for September/October onwards earlier this year.

We had a reservation for mid-September, and they moved us to the downtown Hilton.

NewbieRunner Jun 14, 2011 3:13 am

Originally Posted by YXSflyer (Post 16555572)
We had a reservation for mid-September, and they moved us to the downtown Hilton.

Will they charge you the downtown price?

My reservation is actually at the HGI. :o I'll leave my reservation for now and see what will happen.

maxbluebrosche Jun 14, 2011 3:31 am

We have booked 2 awards at the Hilton Garden Inn Frankfurt Airport in early March 2012 as an award stay.

Hopefully it will be finished then.

When you drive through the motorway it seems to be that the outdoor work is finish on both ^

IMH Jul 12, 2011 3:16 pm

They have put back the opening yet again: both the Hilton and HGI websites now say they are accepting reservations from June 2012.

They haven't yet cancelled our December reservation, but I assume we'll be back at the Sheraton. :(

Does anyone have any insight into why they can't get their act together?

rkaradi Jul 29, 2011 4:53 pm

Originally Posted by IMH (Post 16716340)
They have put back the opening yet again: both the Hilton and HGI websites now say they are accepting reservations from June 2012.

They haven't yet cancelled our December reservation, but I assume we'll be back at the Sheraton. :(

Website now says 5/1/12, I've got a res for April, I know a long ways away, but wondering what they are going to do.

BlueZebra Jul 29, 2011 5:44 pm

They is probably not Hilton. They is probably a contractor.

IMH Jul 29, 2011 6:26 pm

Originally Posted by rkaradi (Post 16824057)
Website now says 5/1/12

Earlier this month I exchanged emails with the Hilton business development team responsible for the two FRA hotels. The word was that they "still plan for an opening in December, however there is a risk involved that the opening will delay until early 2012."

No idea who/what is behind the delays. Almost everything else in the SQUAIRE complex seemed to be up and running when I was there last month.

NewbieRunner Oct 8, 2011 6:01 am

Websites are now accepting reservations for February 1, 2012 onwards.

IMH Oct 8, 2011 7:32 am

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner (Post 17239794)
Websites are now accepting reservations for February 1, 2012 onwards.

So maybe it will open in June.

Or December.

Or February.

stifle Oct 8, 2011 9:48 am

Or tomorrow.

NewbieRunner Oct 8, 2011 2:07 pm

They already tried:

September 2011
October 2011
March 2012
May 2012
June 2012

... not necessarily in that order.

IMH Oct 8, 2011 2:20 pm

Back in November 2010 they were hoping for March 2011!

IIRC I had a booking for this August and only recently cancelled one for December.

NewbieRunner Oct 8, 2011 5:09 pm

Originally Posted by IMH (Post 17241593)

That's why I managed to make a booking during the January sale for December!

servus Oct 9, 2011 10:31 am

Hey guys,

They are going to open SOON, trust me ;) I head down to the breakfast and will post a few pictures I was able to take two or threee weeks back.

OK, just posting the link to my Picasa here. Have to catch a flight to SEA. Hilton Frankfurt Airport

NewbieRunner Oct 9, 2011 10:41 am

What does SOON mean in German? :rolleyes:

servus Oct 9, 2011 10:59 am

The soft opening SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON, like asap. Expect the Grand Opening on 12/01/2011.

NewbieRunner Oct 9, 2011 11:50 am

In that case I might get to stay there for the FRA Advent DO after all. I've completed an enquiry form on their website but it ended up with the UK customer services. Let's see what they'll have to say.

p.s. Thanks for the photos. ^ Still looks like a building site. :D

NewbieRunner Oct 11, 2011 12:59 am

I filled out an enquiry form on hilton.com and received the following reply.

"Thank you for contacting the Hilton Internet Contact Center. It is my pleasure to assist you today with your Hotel opening date inquiry. The hotel to which you are referring is currently scheduled to open on December 01, 2011."

Sorry, servus! Not that I didn't believe what you said :) but it's good to hear it from the horse's mouth as well.

AK-business-traveler Oct 11, 2011 3:49 am

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner (Post 17253732)
I filled out an enquiry form on hilton.com and received the following reply.

"Thank you for contacting the Hilton Internet Contact Center. It is my pleasure to assist you today with your Hotel opening date inquiry. The hotel to which you are referring is currently scheduled to open on December 01, 2011."

Sorry, servus! Not that I didn't believe what you said :) but it's good to hear it from the horse's mouth as well.

Great news! It's been so long that I had nearly given up all hope.

Off to the HH website to see if I can book some dates for a Dec trip....

NewbieRunner Oct 11, 2011 6:32 am

Originally Posted by AK-business-traveler (Post 17254095)
Great news! It's been so long that I had nearly given up all hope.

Off to the HH website to see if I can book some dates for a Dec trip....

Good luck! But it looks like they are only accepting online bookings from February 1st onwards.

AK-business-traveler Oct 11, 2011 1:52 pm

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner (Post 17254515)
Good luck! But it looks like they are only accepting online bookings from February 1st onwards.

Thanks - yes, I was sadly disappointed. I wonder how one will be able to reserve for Dec / Jan if they really do open on time. Guess I'll keep checking.

TRAVELSIG Oct 19, 2011 9:46 am

As of yesterday, it appeared construction is still going on- however it could be conceivable for a December opening?? I guess it depends on how finished the inside is- as others have mentioned, the Sheraton is frequently fully booked (especially if you also need a meeting room or two) so it will be excellent to have some more capacity at the Airport.

servus Oct 19, 2011 11:14 am

They will be finish! Because they HAVE TO! :D

SPBanker Oct 25, 2011 5:35 am

Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG (Post 17300080)
As of yesterday, it appeared construction is still going on- however it could be conceivable for a December opening?? I guess it depends on how finished the inside is- as others have mentioned, the Sheraton is frequently fully booked (especially if you also need a meeting room or two) so it will be excellent to have some more capacity at the Airport.

Now they are accepting reservations from Jan 15, 2012, onwards. I really could use a good airport hotel at FRA on Dec 4...

slaman Oct 27, 2011 4:08 pm

We are in FRA for less than 24 hours as part of our RTW trip... Booked 1 night at the Hilton Frankfurt Airport in early April - looks like a great hotel, and easy to get to downtown if/when we feel like it...

TRAVELSIG Oct 28, 2011 9:54 am

Originally Posted by slaman (Post 17347489)
We are in FRA for less than 24 hours as part of our RTW trip... Booked 1 night at the Hilton Frankfurt Airport in early April - looks like a great hotel, and easy to get to downtown if/when we feel like it...

The buidling from the outside resembles a cruise ship.

Inside- who knows- it is still not open.