FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hilton | Hilton Honors (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors-417/)
-   -   DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Frankfurt Airport, Germany {DEU} (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors/1225438-discussion-hilton-honors-hotels-frankfurt-airport-germany-deu.html)

notquiteaff Jun 24, 2021 12:44 pm

Anyone know what the breakfast offering for Diamonds looks like at the HGI Frankfurt Airport at the moment? Need to spend a night at the airport next week.

N104UA Jun 24, 2021 4:15 pm

Originally Posted by notquiteaff (Post 33354140)
Anyone know what the breakfast offering for Diamonds looks like at the HGI Frankfurt Airport at the moment? Need to spend a night at the airport next week.

If you don't get a response I would love to know after your stay, I have one coming up next month.

fransknorge Jun 25, 2021 5:18 am

If nobody amswer before i will let you know Sunday morning, after my stay.

fransknorge Jun 26, 2021 8:54 am

Breakfast is a brown bag to pick up at reception. Content include a juice, a fruit, a yoghurt and some Danish pastries.

notquiteaff Jun 27, 2021 3:04 am

Originally Posted by fransknorge (Post 33358957)
Breakfast is a brown bag to pick up at reception. Content include a juice, a fruit, a yoghurt and some Danish pastries.

Sounds like Holiday Inn Express.

I like the convenience and the breakfast of the FRA HGI, but I might just stay at one of the cheaper places near the airport (Hampton Inn, Element, Park Inn).

fransknorge Jun 27, 2021 3:20 am

Originally Posted by notquiteaff (Post 33360729)

I like the convenience and the breakfast of the FRA HGI, but I might just stay at one of the cheaper places near the airport (Hampton Inn, Element, Park Inn).

I was at the Hampton last week: breakfast is also a brown bag, DIY at a limited buffet. The HGI one was much better (there was also a sandwich inside, i forgot)

Schwann Jun 27, 2021 5:56 am

Why are the offering paper bags? Are they trying to emulate America?

notquiteaff Jun 27, 2021 6:43 am

It’s a bit weird. Given that other restaurants are open at full capacity (not sure if true in Frankfurt, though), it would seem possible (from a legal POV) for them to offer a la carte breakfast in the restaurant. Perhaps they don’t have the staffing?

fransknorge Jun 27, 2021 8:10 am

All restaurants in the Squaire are closed. Hotels restaurant in FRA are all closed.
There is no restaurants open basically in the airport complex airside, including all area around.

hugolover Jun 27, 2021 9:36 am

Sounds like quite the crap show

N104UA Jun 27, 2021 1:29 pm

Originally Posted by fransknorge (Post 33361099)
All restaurants in the Squaire are closed. Hotels restaurant in FRA are all closed.
There is no restaurants open basically in the airport complex airside, including all area around.

The Paulaner Restaurant posted that from June 8 they are open for in person dining

fransknorge Jun 28, 2021 3:07 am

Originally Posted by N104UA (Post 33361787)
The Paulaner Restaurant posted that from June 8 they are open for in person dining

Weird. It was closed Saturday.

notquiteaff Jun 28, 2021 4:09 am

Originally Posted by fransknorge (Post 33361099)

Not sure if you meant air or land side (given the “all area around”). In T2 landslide the McD’s was closed last week, but a couple of the other restaurants in the “food court” area upstairs were open.

I ended up booking the HGI. The convenience of walking to the terminal was enough to justify the $25 more compared to the Hampton (and if I had parked my rental car at the Hampton Inn, it would have cost me $25 in parking fees).

FlyerTalker324193 Jun 28, 2021 6:22 am

With the new S-Bahn train station *right* next to the Hyatt Place, I find it almost as convenient as the hotels actually on airport premises (HGI/Hilton/Marriott/Sheraton).

notquiteaff Jun 30, 2021 11:39 pm

Originally Posted by fransknorge (Post 33358957)

It’s now (today) a box :)

Originally Posted by notquiteaff (Post 33360729)

I take that back: it’s actually a lot nicer than the breakfast bags I have experienced (rejected) at US-based HIX (and similar).

https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...e13b008ff.jpeg

The croissant was actually quite decent, the cheese Brötchen a bit soggy. Wonder if they found a batch of leftover Easter eggs somewhere ;)

They’ve set up a beverage station in the entrance area of the restaurant area. Cafe crema made to order by one of their standard WMF machines… just wish they had larger cups.

fransknorge Jul 1, 2021 1:13 am

Sorry for the misleading description, I actually had the same box (I wrote bag as an umbrella word here), the sandwich was turkey and there was a pain au chocolat, not a croissant. There was no egg though, you indeed may have an Easter leftover.

djohannw Jul 1, 2021 12:26 pm

FWIW...I did complain about this the last time I stayed "there" already when the HGI was still closed and everybody was transferred to the Hilton but guests in that situation were offered the box. Made it very clear that this was in violation of the T&C and that I would not accept it - got the arrangement that I will get the room-service breakfast from the Hilton delivered to my room at the HGI at no cost for all my subsequent stays until the restaurants open up again. Sadly, however, while everything looked really perfect when checking in on monday this week (got the menu to select what I wanted, and the agent was fully aware of the deal including no upcharge for hot items), but then the delivery of the breakfast failed and I had to leave before the recovery could be delivered...

That said the HGI Downtown has had hot breakfast since late March and buffet since mid April. Also stayed in Nuremberg this week (with stricter CV19-ruiles for hotels than in Frankfurt), and they had the full buffet including hot stuff. In fact I have been traveling more extensively since March, and almost nowhere in Germany I have seen such a terrible service that is delivered at these two Hilton hotels near the airport...

Greetings - Dirk

fed planner Jul 1, 2021 1:25 pm

Originally Posted by djohannw (Post 33373778)
FWIW...I did complain about this the last time I stayed "there" already when the HGI was still closed and everybody was transferred to the Hilton but guests in that situation were offered the box. Made it very clear that this was in violation of the T&C and that I would not accept it - got the arrangement that I will get the room-service breakfast from the Hilton delivered to my room at the HGI at no cost for all my subsequent stays until the restaurants open up again. Sadly, however, while everything looked really perfect when checking in on monday this week (got the menu to select what I wanted, and the agent was fully aware of the deal including no upcharge for hot items), but then the delivery of the breakfast failed and I had to leave before the recovery could be delivered...

That said the HGI Downtown has had hot breakfast since late March and buffet since mid April. Also stayed in Nuremberg this week (with stricter CV19-ruiles for hotels than in Frankfurt), and they had the full buffet including hot stuff. In fact I have been traveling more extensively since March, and almost nowhere in Germany I have seen such a terrible service that is delivered at these two Hilton hotels near the airport...

Greetings - Dirk

Have you stayed at the Hilton Munich Airport and report on breakfast there? Also, guessing in Nuremberg, you were at the HbH. Will be at both in a couple of weeks and curious - also staying at Hilton Mainz - and hoping for more than a box/bag. Any in-person experiences appreciated.

N104UA Oct 2, 2021 10:10 pm

Any recent reports on if Breakfast at the Hilton Frankfurt Airport (or HGI) is back in the restaurant or is it still that box?

fransknorge Oct 3, 2021 3:25 am

It was the box still 3 weeks ago at the HGI.

myperks Nov 21, 2021 3:24 pm

Is the Hilton breakfast in the restaurant? (Or the box as reported upthread at the HGI)

Colesmore Nov 23, 2021 5:05 am

I stayed there Saturday 20/11. Didn't attend breakfast myself, but was advised of the restaurant hours upon check in, and observed people in the restaurant upon my departure 0730 Sunday morning.

demue Apr 28, 2022 3:15 am

Just stayed a night at Hilton Airport FRA to connect from a late flight into FRA to ICE train next morning. Overall convenient to reach and very easy access to long distance (high speed) trains.

Clean, got upgraded from Twin to Twin Executive as HH Gold. Very decent breakfast with all the usual items, some bio (call it organic) items like yoghurt, liver pate etc. Good tea and decent enough coffee.

Room was fine, very quiet. Whoever decided on the faucets in the bathroom is a bit of a moron, totally non- functional (too short for the sink) and hard to turn the faucet "knobs" with wet hands. Shower pressure was poor, likely due to a heavily flow restricted shower head. Exec lounge still closed, not sure what they offer instead as we arrived late night and left 9am. Ohh and could take two bottles of water from mini bar.

fransknorge Apr 28, 2022 3:48 am

A corner of the bar is transformed into an EL, I was told last time I was there a few weeks ago. But since I arrived at 21:00 I did not partake.

triplefives May 14, 2022 5:28 pm

Originally Posted by fransknorge (Post 34203220)
A corner of the bar is transformed into an EL, I was told last time I was there a few weeks ago. But since I arrived at 21:00 I did not partake.

I believe it's only open between 6pm and 8pm as an executive lounge. The nice big lounge on the 10th floor is still closed.

simonsmith May 15, 2022 2:57 am

Just had two stays at the HGI and one at the Hilton
The HGI rates were lower but wanted to try the Hilton on one occasion and wish we had stuck with the HGI.
HGI booked a base room and upgraded to a very large King corner room . Nicely fitted , Herman miller chair large desk and TV , spacious bathroom , airport view , free water and lovely staff . Left too early to have breakfast.
Hilton , on arrival told we had been upgraded to an executive room but there were only 2 to choose from , one atrium view and one restricted outside view . Went for the latter on the 10 th floor . As we arrived st 2020 told too late to use the drinks vouchers .
Room was tiny and despite all room types stating a separate walk in shower and tub this only had a shower over tub which made the whole room wet .
Old cigarette packet in the wardrobe .
Complained but staff were very defensive and unhelpful.
Breakfast was fine , not the best but ok and staff were lovely .

I would not pay the premium again

epigram May 24, 2022 8:52 pm

thanks for the helpful review. have 2 nights at the Hilton (cash rate - same as Garden Inn) and 5 nights in the Garden Inn (award - Hilton needed double the points!) coming up.

NW-A332 Jun 25, 2022 9:52 am

Hilton has issues

Originally Posted by simonsmith (Post 34250863)
Room was tiny and despite all room types stating a separate walk in shower and tub this only had a shower over tub which made the whole room wet .
Old cigarette packet in the wardrobe .
Complained but staff were very defensive and unhelpful.
Breakfast was fine , not the best but ok and staff were lovely .

I would not pay the premium again

I stayed at the Hilton for 1 night for an 18 hour layover and it was not a pleasant stay. Because of the high temperatures, the whole Squaire complex was almost unbearable to be in. I booked a regular king room and was upgraded to an executive king room. It was tiny and the bathroom and shower was weird. There's a window in the bathroom to the bedroom for no reason and it isn't possible to block the view.

The hotel hasn't hired back enough staff, so the restaurant wasn't opened for dinner. The executive lounge was barely stocked and staffed. They had individually wrapped sandwiches and drinks, but I walked in and walked right out because it was so hot. The entire atrium was boiling.

Breakfast in the restaurant was fine.

It is really convenient to have a hotel connected to the airport without needing a shuttle bus, but I wouldn't pay a premium to stay there again.

SuperFlyBoy Jun 25, 2022 3:55 pm

Originally Posted by NW-A332 (Post 34368307)
I stayed at the Hilton for 1 night for an 18 hour layover and it was not a pleasant stay. Because of the high temperatures, the whole Squaire complex was almost unbearable to be in. I booked a regular king room and was upgraded to an executive king room. It was tiny and the bathroom and shower was weird. There's a window in the bathroom to the bedroom for no reason and it isn't possible to block the view.

The hotel hasn't hired back enough staff, so the restaurant wasn't opened for dinner. The executive lounge was barely stocked and staffed. They had individually wrapped sandwiches and drinks, but I walked in and walked right out because it was so hot. The entire atrium was boiling.

Breakfast in the restaurant was fine.

It is really convenient to have a hotel connected to the airport without needing a shuttle bus, but I wouldn't pay a premium to stay there again.

I was just at the Hilton Garden Inn - was dated/small, but fine for 1 night.

The AC was pretty cold though - so maybe you want to consider booking a room at the HGI instead of at the Hilton in the future if it's hot??

sof_lance Aug 8, 2022 1:40 pm

Stayed here recently for 1 night. Early flight next day. Hilton Diamond. Redeemed queen guest room with points. Upgraded to queen executive via app prior to arrival. No welcome drinks. Just 1 welcome bottle of water in fridge. Good size room. Room I picked was facing North, the forest with Frankfurt city line in the background. Per an earlier review, the atrium was indeed quite warm in the summer months.

Hotel seems a tad bit understaffed.

Executive lounge is on the 10th floor and had a happy hour from 6p to 8p. Wine, sandwiches, soup, cold cuts. I was going to check the lounge for breakfast bites but it wasn't opened.

Breakfast is downstairs at Rise. Sumptuous spread and had wine too.

So one tip though. If you have a flight outbound from T2, plan a journey maybe 30mins (walk + skytrain) from this hotel. This requires quite a bit of walk to T1, then another 5 to 8 mins find the escalators for Skytrain to T2. Taking the yellow bus from T1 to T2 *may* be easier/faster but I did not use.

Another thing is finding this hotel. Look for "The Squaire" or "DB" on signboards. Eventually when you're on the huge/wide pedestrian bridge, you should be able to find "Hilton" on signboards. If you just returned a rental car in T1, look for "DB" until you see "The Squaire" or "Hilton".

After flying in and out of FRA so many times, I am still in awe how things work. And I still get lost. :D

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/...f5a12641_c.jpg

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/...f79a9c16_c.jpg

SuperFlyBoy Aug 9, 2022 1:34 pm

Originally Posted by sof_lance (Post 34497218)
Room I picked was facing North, the forest with Frankfurt city line in the background.

That view of the forest is nice to look at, after being in the airport and/or city...

I noticed this in the HGI FRA (adjacent to the Hilton) restaurant downstairs when having breakfast - was calming.

Hilton doesn't seem to upgrade Diamonds to suites any longer it appears. (As compared to 3 years ago...)

Genius1 Dec 20, 2022 10:28 am

Hilton Garden Inn Frankfurt Airport

Index to Genius1 Trip Reports

I stayed for one night in July at the Hilton Garden Inn Frankfurt Airport, and since I took a few photos I thought I'd post them here (if not write a full review). The property is in a 'just OK' location, quite some walk from the main T1 building, above the Frankfurt Airport Train Station and in the same building as the 'main' Hilton Frankfurt Airport. I was expecting the walk to be shorter, and the signage to be better.

The property is in decent shape for one 11 years old and is decorated in typical HGI style - functional, but far from stylish. The trademark pantry next to reception was available, where mineral water could be purchased. Despite quite a long wait for check-in I was soon in my top floor standard room with a curious curved ceiling and a decent enough view over the airport, albeit mostly blocked by the Sheraton. One of the benefits of sharing a building with the 'main' Hilton is that the rooms at the HGI are slightly better appointed than a typical HGI property, albeit are on the small side.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/...5cb4f19a_k.jpg

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/...2ae8f952_k.jpg

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/...aa326988_k.jpg

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/...6dfe4364_k.jpg

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/...35278cfd_k.jpg

The bathroom had a shower over the bath and that most horrid of hotel room features - a shower curtain. Amenities were the usual Hilton ones by Crabtree and Evelyn. There were no face cloths or slippers, although the latter could be purchased from the reception pantry.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/...61c7a163_k.jpg

Breakfast at the hotel's restaurant area was adequate but felt a little like dining in a school cafeteria; this is one area which definitely felt more HGI than Hilton.

On balance, this was a straightforward enough stay in a decent room at a property not pretending to be anything more than it is.

fransknorge Dec 20, 2022 12:20 pm

The walk is not that far, this is one of the nearest hotel to T1. And is accessible via a 100% covered walk.
I would like them to renovate the bathroom, apart from that they should change nothing, as the property is closed to perfect for a night before/after a flight. Price is often but not always good. Service is usually quite good, they regularly take me take an item from the pantry for free.

Lomapaseo Dec 21, 2022 7:58 pm

Originally Posted by fransknorge (Post 34850579)
The walk is not that far, this is one of the nearest hotel to T1. And is accessible via a 100% covered walk.
I would like them to renovate the bathroom, apart from that they should change nothing, as the property is closed to perfect for a night before/after a flight. Price is often but not always good. Service is usually quite good, they regularly take me take an item from the pantry for free.

agree about the walk, but I advise just heading to the long haul station along the walkway (signage good) and presto when you arrive at the station just look to your right about 1/2 flit there are both Hiltons.

FlyHighDude Feb 3, 2024 6:59 pm

Hilton Frankfurt Airport / HGI Frankfurt Airport Sold Out a year in advance

Hi All -

I am trying to see if anyone has any insight on what’s going on with Hilton Frankfurt Airport and Hilton Garden Inn Frankfurt Airport availability.

I was checking them out for beginning of Jan 2025 and both of them are sold out. Is that typical for these both hotels to be sold out that far in advance?

BlueZebra Feb 3, 2024 7:47 pm

Probably too soon. Many hotels outside the US don't release their availability a year in advance.

demue Feb 4, 2024 1:22 am

I recall for Hilton Munich Airport (yes, not FRA, but as an example) availability only started to appear like ~10 months out, so similar could happen at FRA. Keep checking once a week or so, it'll appear eventually.

Kacee Feb 4, 2024 8:28 am

Noting that there's really no reason to be concerned about booking either property so far in advance, especially for a relatively low demand period.

notquiteaff Mar 2, 2024 6:08 pm

Any recent stay reports for the Hilton? I have stayed at the HGI many times as they are usually a bit cheaper and, frankly, perfectly fine for a quick one-night stay before an early morning flight. This time I have an expiring free night cert, so assuming availability I am leaning towards trying the Hilton. I am Diamond and likely would have time for a quick visit to the lounge for a night cap… and also time for a leisurely breakfast since my flight isn’t until 2pm. I am traveling solo, so room size is no factor.

Mark Abdy Mar 14, 2024 11:01 am

Question: Does anyone know if the Hilton Garden Inn offers a Dayroom option and rate? I do not see it mentioned on their website. I can/will contact the hotel directly but was wondering if anyone has experience. Thanks.