Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Earn Honors Points with Social Media Check-Ins

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Earn Honors Points with Social Media Check-Ins

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2011, 4:01 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
I usually check in from about 15 miles away about 75% of the time foursquare checks me in and gives me 4 square points(what ever that is) then about an hour later my hiton points post. 25% of the time foursquare says your phone thinks you are a little to far away no points for this check in. but that is no foursquare points( again what evert those are) but in about 1 hour i have real hilton points in my account for the your phone thinks you are too far away. i have done this with the same DT for the last 55 days and have points every day.
Old Mar 25, 2011, 8:42 am

Programs: HH Gold, SPG Gold, AA Gold
I finally decided that the hotel I was trying to check in to wasn't valid in the TopGuest system. Or, I should say, it's mapped to a different, nearby, hotel, so it's just wonky that way I guess. I think I'm just gonna stick with a couple of tried and true locations from now on instead of trying to spread my check-in's around.
Old Mar 26, 2011, 6:42 am

Programs: HH Gold
Originally Posted by y2chen
I finally decided that the hotel I was trying to check in to wasn't valid in the TopGuest system. Or, I should say, it's mapped to a different, nearby, hotel, so it's just wonky that way I guess. I think I'm just gonna stick with a couple of tried and true locations from now on instead of trying to spread my check-in's around.
I don't tHink there is any need to spread them around. I've been doing the same one every day for months
Old Mar 28, 2011, 12:32 am

Programs: AAPlatinum, UA
I just started 5 days ago to check in via Facebook...I guess I need to wait 4-6 weeks for the points to be posted on my Priority CLub account....I figure a daily check in during the year will give me almost a free night... One point at a time..^
Old Apr 26, 2011, 9:05 am

Programs: AA ExecPlat, SPG Plat, HH Gold
I've been using FourSquare for check-ins at various Doubletrees for the last several months and the points post regularly to my account. Since the beginning of April, though, nothing, and I've had check-ins all over the country. My other hotel groups are posting fine. Anybody having similar problems for HH specifically?
Old Apr 26, 2011, 9:37 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
I had a problem a few months ago. I reconnected my top guest to foursqaure by turning it off at top guest website tehn turing it back on. It started working again right away.
btw I got multiple postings on Saturday April 23 well 10 checkins to be exact but only checked in once. did anyone else get this?
Old Apr 26, 2011, 10:15 am

Originally Posted by particlemn
I had a problem a few months ago. I reconnected my top guest to foursqaure by turning it off at top guest website tehn turing it back on. It started working again right away.
btw I got multiple postings on Saturday April 23 well 10 checkins to be exact but only checked in once. did anyone else get this?
+1 on the multiple Apr. 23rd postings! Gotta love Hilton IT...
Old Jul 26, 2011, 1:09 pm

Programs: US Airways Gold, Marriott Platinum, SW A List
I can't find a hilton near me yet that registers points, but Holiday Inn and Best Western do.
Old Aug 2, 2011, 8:13 pm

Anyone receive points lately?

I haven't been credited any points since July 12th despite checking in numerous times since?

Has anyone else received points lately?
Old Aug 3, 2011, 8:57 am

Programs: VS Silver; BA Blue; HH Gold; SPG Gold
Originally Posted by seychellesbound
I haven't been credited any points since July 12th despite checking in numerous times since?

Has anyone else received points lately?
Same thing happened to me... I dropped them an email at this time yesterday and 12 hours later the points were all credited. A problem with my account, apparently!
Old Aug 3, 2011, 9:00 am

Originally Posted by heyeaglefn
I can't find a hilton near me yet that registers points, but Holiday Inn and Best Western do.
Must be a doubletree...
Old Aug 3, 2011, 9:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I got some Doubletree points last week . . .
Old Aug 3, 2011, 10:34 am

Only get hhonors points at doubletree. Any DT will do
Old Feb 26, 2012, 1:07 pm

Programs: VS, BA, HHonours, IHG Rewards, Best Western
Originally Posted by seychellesbound
You don't have to be anywhere near a DT.....I checked into a DT from my office every morning that is 20+ miles away.
I can beat that. I was at London Heathrow yesterday and thought there must be a DT around. Searched on Facebook and it told me the DT DFW was 0.7 miles away so I 'checked-in'. I later found that DFW was Dallas Fort Worth - less than a mile from LHR, flights are getting quicker these days The points have posted though ^
Old Feb 26, 2012, 1:55 pm

I don't know if this is a fairly recent addition, but Hampton works in addition to Doubletree. http://www.topguest.com/programs/hilton

Updated to add: I guess Hampton isn't a recent addition, found this thread http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...guest-com.html

Last edited by MarkMColo; Feb 26, 2012 at 2:00 pm Reason: Update

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.