Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Earn Honors Points with Social Media Check-Ins

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Earn Honors Points with Social Media Check-Ins

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2010, 9:22 pm

Programs: MRSPG LT Tit, HH Diamond, Hertz Pres.
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
When did you start doing the checkins?
about 6-7 weeks ago
Old Nov 28, 2010, 9:48 pm

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
I just registered. I will try it out and report back. I use4 SQ and FB for check ins.
Old Nov 29, 2010, 10:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by etsmyers
about 6-7 weeks ago
Oh nice. While I didn't understand the topguest business model to begin with, if the points don't post within two weeks, I am certainly not going to be inclined to continue to use their "service".

Originally Posted by shorelife
OK, can you explain a little more clearly how the Topguest website/solution works in your own words? Every time I click on that link in the OP's post, it flips me to another window that says you presently don't have iPad, etc. So is there a way around all that? I certainly agree about the 50 pts a day, since I belong to both PC and HH, so if I could figure out how to access this without buying an iPad, I'd do it. It sounds from what you're saying already, that you need to be within signal range of a PC or Doubletree property to even do the pseudo "check-in"... but again, I may be reading you wrong again?
AndreaRH pretty much explained it perfectly. One thing you asked about was how to check in without an ipad. I am actually not sure if you can check in anywhere without a location-aware mobile device running a location-based check-in app. It certainly wouldn't seem to be in their interest to just let you (the user) tell them where you are by entering an address into a browser UI or else we'd all have check-ins at Holiday Inns each and every day
Old Nov 30, 2010, 8:33 am

Programs: AA, Delta, Alaska, USAir, BA, Starwood, Continental, United
Not so smart phone Possible with Wireless Netbook?

Originally Posted by shorelife
OK, can you explain a little more clearly how the Topguest website/solution works in your own words? Every time I click on that link in the OP's post, it flips me to another window that says you presently don't have iPad, etc. So is there a way around all that? I certainly agree about the 50 pts a day, since I belong to both PC and HH, so if I could figure out how to access this without buying an iPad, I'd do it. It sounds from what you're saying already, that you need to be within signal range of a PC or Doubletree property to even do the pseudo "check-in"... but again, I may be reading you wrong again?
I may be a dinosaur but I try to avoid all these expensive monthly phone fees. Is there an app that will work on a wireless computer?
Old Dec 2, 2010, 9:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Promus Preferred, ITT Sheraton Club
Just checked my HHonors account. A batch of check ins from two weeks ago just posted tonight. ^
Old Dec 3, 2010, 1:01 am
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany

Originally Posted by Bacc
I may be a dinosaur but I try to avoid all these expensive monthly phone fees. Is there an app that will work on a wireless computer?
You can link your topguest account with a foursquare account. And fourspuare has a mobile page (foursquare.com/mobile) which you can access from an pc.
Old Dec 14, 2010, 2:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

First, a big thanks to AndreaRH for the precise details. One note on those instructions - my hotel codes didn't take until after I verified my email address. But without those instructions, I wouldn't have stood a chance, since I don't want to link my FB account over.

Next, am I crazy, or can I just check in at one hotel from each program each day? Is there a limit?
Old Dec 14, 2010, 4:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by josephstern
Next, am I crazy, or can I just check in at one hotel from each program each day? Is there a limit?
I thought I read somewhere (in their FAQ) that you can get points for one program (and one location) each day. But I can't find that reference anymore, so either I am looking in the wrong places or maybe they removed the restriction?
Old Dec 14, 2010, 5:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I thought I read somewhere (in their FAQ) that you can get points for one program (and one location) each day. But I can't find that reference anymore, so either I am looking in the wrong places or maybe they removed the restriction?
I assume there's some kind of spam filter on there, otherwise you could go nuts.
Old Dec 14, 2010, 5:54 pm

I get points from 2 different programs (2 different locations) every day.
Old Dec 15, 2010, 10:35 am

Programs: HH Diamond, SPG Gold, MR Gold
Thanks Andrea for a wonderful guide. I try to check in for DoubleTree and Crowne Plaza Kuala Lumpur. Wonder if its include or not.
Old Dec 15, 2010, 9:31 pm

Update :

I receive my last night check in Point at Double Tree and Holiday Inn. It works
Old Dec 15, 2010, 10:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Putra
Update :

I receive my last night check in Point at Double Tree and Holiday Inn. It works
Did you receive them in your actual HHonor and PC accounts already?
Old Dec 16, 2010, 12:16 am

Programs: HHonors, Marriott Rewards, AAdvantage
I've been getting points through 4SQ use, but only after 2-3 weeks.
Old Dec 16, 2010, 9:07 pm

Did you receive them in your actual HHonor and PC accounts already?
I have checked. Not yet credited to actual account either HHonor or PC.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.