Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

50 Hilton Honors points per digital "check-in" at Hampton Hotels (via Topguest.com)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

50 Hilton Honors points per digital "check-in" at Hampton Hotels (via Topguest.com)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27, 2011, 3:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HHonors Gold, WN RR A-List Preferred, FL A+ Elite, SPG, HGP Platinum

Just received this promotion in my inbox, and it appears to be valid for all Hampton Hotel properties nationwide. Not sure if this belongs in MilesBuzz! or here, since it's a new directed promotion to HHonors members.

HHonors members who sign up for a Topguest.com account and link it to their HHonors profile will earn 50 points for every virtual 'check-in' (using Facebook® Places, Foursquare™, Gowalla®, Twitter®, or other location-based applications) from September 26, 2011 through March 26, 2012.

According to my reading of the T&C, there are also no stated overall maximums for points earnings if you have an existing HHonors account, and no stay is required. However, only 50 points can be earned per calendar day while the promotion runs.

Link is here: http://www.topguest.com/hilton?wt.mc...BOggETB8dnBCqK

Terms & Conditions (copied from the promotional email):

This offer is valid from September 26, 2011, 12:01 a.m. EST through March 26, 2012, 11:59 p.m. EST. User must have an active Topguest™ member account in order to participate in this offer. Topguest member will receive fifty (50) HHonors Bonus Points for each digital “check-in” to any Hampton hotel located in the United States. A digital check-in may be made via Facebook® Places, Foursquare™, Gowalla®, Twitter®, (“geolocation applications”) or other participating geolocation applications. A digital check-in is completed as defined by each participating geolocation applications’ terms and conditions. A digital check-in does not require a paid stay or purchase at a Hampton property. Each digital check-in will automatically be displayed in the Topguest member account. HHonors Bonus Points will be credited to the HHonors member account within 48 hours. Hilton and HHonors reserve the right to refuse to reward HHonors Bonus Points or to revoke HHonors Bonus Points for digital check-ins or uses of geolocation application accounts that are fraudulent or otherwise improper.

For Topguest members that are not members of the Hilton HHonors program, a one-time enrollment bonus of five hundred (500) HHonors Points (“Enrollment Bonus”) will be awarded when the Topguest member signs up for the HHonors program in one of two ways: (1) a Topguest member visits the Topguest website and signs up for the HHonors program through the link provided on the Topguest website; or (2) a Topguest member digitally checks-in to a Hampton hotel in the United States and receives a Topguest prompt inviting the member to join HHonors. The Topguest member must sign up for HHonors through the Topguest website or using the Topguest prompt in order to receive the Enrollment Bonus; separate enrollments in HHonors will not be eligible for the Enrollment Bonus. For Topguest members that received the Topguest prompt upon digitally checking-in to a Hampton property in the United States, the Enrollment Bonus is given in lieu of, and not in addition to, the fifty (50) HHonors Bonus Points awarded for a digital check-in. Only first-time enrollments in Hilton HHonors are eligible for the Enrollment Bonus. Topguest members who are HHonors members but have not linked their Topguest accounts to their HHonors account are not eligible for the Enrollment Bonus. Hilton Worldwide and HHonors reserve the right to refuse to award HHonors Bonus Points or to revoke HHonors Bonus Points for a fraudulent or otherwise improperly received Enrollment Bonus.

With the exception of the Enrollment Reward, a Topguest member may only receive 50 HHonors Bonus Points per calendar day, regardless of the number of digital check-ins completed at Hampton hotels that calendar day.

This offer is not open to current employees of Hilton Worldwide, its parent, affiliates and subsidiaries and the employees or owners of hotels within the Hilton Worldwide portfolio. Hilton Worldwide reserves the right to modify or terminate this offer at any time. Hilton HHonors™ membership, earning of Points & Miles™, and redemption of Points are subject to HHonors Terms and Conditions.
Old Oct 11, 2011, 10:38 am

anyone know how long it takes to get these check in points posted to your HHOnors account?
Old Oct 11, 2011, 6:32 pm

Lexie - I have seen the points post in as little as 48 hours or as long as 5 days. But, it is usually very quick.

For some reason, TopGuest with HHonors will pool several days of "check-ins" and deposit them as one transcation (300 HHonors points for 6 check-ins) as opposed to Priority Club/IHG that will post as multiple 50 point transactions. not sure which is better, but it certainly seems that Priority Club/IHG posts faster because of individual transactions.
Old Oct 12, 2011, 3:27 am

Programs: UA 1K, HH Diamond
Pardon the n00b question but why did the OP bold the 'no stay required' part?

Is it to:

1. Make a reservation
2. Check in via Topguest.
3. Earn 50 points
4. Cancel reservation before deadline.

?

Thanks
Old Oct 12, 2011, 7:22 am

Originally Posted by Materdei

Is it to:

1. Make a reservation
3. Earn 50 points

?

Thanks
As long as you're within proximity to the hotel, you can earn points via Topguest without staying there. There is no need to make a reservation then cancel it etc.
Old Oct 12, 2011, 11:58 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Marriott Rewards Platinum
Originally Posted by Materdei

Is it to:

1. Make a reservation
3. Earn 50 points

?

Thanks
As mentioned, you just need to be in proximity. Foursquare and Facebook use the term "check in" however do not confuse that with checking in at a hotel. On Foursquare and Facebook, you can "check in" to a park, a gas station, a stadium, a building or a hotel, it is stating that you are there. You can not actually check in to stay that night from Foursquare or Facebook, completely different thing and you just need to be in proximity to the hotel and has nothing to do with staying there night or actually checking into the hotel. Hope that makes sense and clears it up.
Old Oct 13, 2011, 7:03 am

Programs: VS Silver; BA Blue; HH Gold; SPG Gold
Can you do both a DT and hampton check in on same day for 100 points?
Old Oct 13, 2011, 10:13 am

Programs: SW, AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hertz 5*, Avis Presidents
Originally Posted by Jamjaw
I am all for maximizing points and miles - but really? sounds like a lot of work for 50 points, but I guess it depends how you value your time . . . .
Old Oct 13, 2011, 11:12 am

Yes, I'm doing both, and am getting the combined 100 points a day.
Old Oct 13, 2011, 12:13 pm

Originally Posted by richardmayo
Hilton has not posted any points from my topguest account in over a month...

Anyone else having an issue?
Old Oct 13, 2011, 12:32 pm

Programs: VS Silver; BA Blue; HH Gold; SPG Gold
Originally Posted by RDU-Man
I am all for maximizing points and miles - but really? sounds like a lot of work for 50 points, but I guess it depends how you value your time . . . .
A lot of work? 1 minute on thhe Internet is not exactly a lot of work ;-)
Old Oct 13, 2011, 12:48 pm

Programs: AA LT Plat - 2MM;HH Diamond
Yes. I pick up a rental car at a DT and then stay at a Hampton in another city. I have checked into both and received both points that day.
Old Oct 13, 2011, 2:01 pm

Who should we contact if our points aren't posting?
Old Oct 13, 2011, 2:30 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by seychellesbound
Hilton has not posted any points from my topguest account in over a month...

Anyone else having an issue?
mine stopped posting on September 24 but when i log into top guest it shows the checking as earning points each day. this happend before then i got a bunch to post at one time. I am not contacting top guest. it seems from other posts that when one contacts top guest to find out when they will post top guest reviews your usage and often suspends your account. I am choosing to just keep chekcing in for a few more weeks and see what happens. then if nothing by about nov 1 i will just stop using foursquare and count myself lucky to have gotten over 10k hilton and 10k priority club for very littel work
Old Oct 16, 2011, 3:59 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Priority Club, Emerald Club, Amtrak
Originally Posted by richardmayo
Interesting and thank you for posting this information.
Topguest intends that one should not get more than 50 points per day in any one program. But it would appear from your experience that there is a loophole involving two different properties. One wonders if checkins at two different Hamptons would yield 100, or if it must be two different brands.

Edited too add: See also this post, which suggests that getting credited for two checkings depends upon different times of day.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.