Search

Conrad Algarve {PRT}

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2015, 5:44 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Geoggy
If you have gold you can also get in the spa anytime which has water for free
The rooms tend to have taps also, all dispensing free water...
Old May 5, 2015, 5:55 am

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by treppenlaeufer
The rooms tend to have taps also, all dispensing free water...
Yes we tried that first strangely. It was rank
Old May 5, 2015, 11:16 am

Thanks for the water tips. Staying here in August and also very much looking forward to it. Just signed up for Amex HHonors so i can book a third night on top of my weekend certs from Citi. Looks like Hilton only has a DoubleTree in Lisbon, might be doing the AirBnb thing there. Thanks to everyone chiming in on this thread!
Old May 5, 2015, 1:13 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, HHonors Diamond, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by Geoggy
Suggest on day one you head over to the supermarket over the road as they charged 5 euros for a small bottle near the pool last summer.
When I last visited Conrad Algarve, the pool butlers brought two non-alcoholic juice cocktails and an ice bucket with two bottled waters after seating us each day. Has this complimentary service been eliminated?
Old Aug 31, 2015, 10:30 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond; Emirates Gold
Hi there,

I'm staying at the hotel in a couple of weeks and see they do a 'Visit to the local market with our Executive Chef Experience' for 130 euro per person. The description is:
"Spend the morning with our Chef at the Loulé Market and discover all it has to offer. You will be given a recipe and must find all the required ingredients for the cooking session in the afternoon. After the market you will stop at a “pastelaria” for a coffee and to indulge in some traditional Portuguese pastries. "

Has anyone done this and if so can they recommend it for the price, please?

Also, for someone not so well off, would you say that a meal at Gusto by Heinz Beck would be worthwhile doing as a treat?
Old Aug 31, 2015, 11:46 am

Programs: BAEC Silver; Hilton Diamond;a miscellany of other hotel non-statuses
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by MrLee
Hi there,

I'm staying at the hotel in a couple of weeks and see they do a 'Visit to the local market with our Executive Chef Experience' for 130 euro per person. The description is:
"Spend the morning with our Chef at the Loulé Market and discover all it has to offer. You will be given a recipe and must find all the required ingredients for the cooking session in the afternoon. After the market you will stop at a “pastelaria” for a coffee and to indulge in some traditional Portuguese pastries. "

Has anyone done this and if so can they recommend it for the price, please?

Also, for someone not so well off, would you say that a meal at Gusto by Heinz Beck would be worthwhile doing as a treat?
I don't recall the market experience being on offer when we were there, so can't comment on that.

The presumably far simpler cocktail mixing session was good fun though, and they had a variation for younger children if any are with you.

I thought that Gusto looked somewhat over engineered for my tastes. I couldn't see how it was going to offer better ambience and value than the main restaurant (Lauro?) which we enjoyed, especially a terrace table on a pleasant evening.

There was a nice looking restaurant on the first floor of the shopping complex directly opposite as well. We didn't make it inside, but maybe worth adding to the list of contenders.
Old Feb 11, 2016, 8:12 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Considering the Conrad as part of a planned trip to Portugal. I have skimmed the thread and looked at the website but I am still not sure exactly how far the property is from the beach. I realize they offer a free transfer but can someone please comment on:
1. How far is the property from the beach?
2. Do they run a regular schedule to the beach?
3. Is the location they drop you off at a public beach?
4. Does the hotel offer chairs/loungers on the beach? If not, are chair available and what is the cost?

I would hate to make the trip to the area and just spend most of our time at the pool...hence the reason for the focus on the beach.

Thanks in advance for any help!
Old Feb 11, 2016, 9:45 am

Programs: BAEC Silver; Hilton Diamond;a miscellany of other hotel non-statuses
Originally Posted by christianj
Considering the Conrad as part of a planned trip to Portugal. I have skimmed the thread and looked at the website but I am still not sure exactly how far the property is from the beach. I realize they offer a free transfer but can someone please comment on:
1. How far is the property from the beach?
2. Do they run a regular schedule to the beach?
3. Is the location they drop you off at a public beach?
4. Does the hotel offer chairs/loungers on the beach? If not, are chair available and what is the cost?

I would hate to make the trip to the area and just spend most of our time at the pool...hence the reason for the focus on the beach.

Thanks in advance for any help!
From my visit there a couple of years ago I'd recall that it is 3-4km. I think the hotel did run a shuttle, but I don't recall it being regular or convenient. We didn't use it, so I can't comment on what beach they use or the facilities there.

We had a car, and there are some nice places to drive to on the coast for lunch, dinner or beach if you want to get out. Not a lot at the hotel if you don't want to sit by the pool, or play tennis, snooker, etc.

EDIT: But the outside pools are set up very nicely, and are a pleasant way to spend whole mornings or afternoons.

Last edited by EsherFlyer; Feb 11, 2016 at 10:23 am Reason: Added pool promo
Old Feb 11, 2016, 10:07 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond
Agreed, without a car you will be quite limited in your options. The beach that the shuttle goes to is also quite touristy, with a car one can go a bit further out to quieter and nicer beaches. Car rentals can be pretty cheap down there.
Old Jul 31, 2016, 3:06 am

Programs: BA Silver, hh Diamond, IHG spire Ambassador
I was thinking of a trip next July, but it's working out pretty expensive on points as we need 2 rooms and considering using points.
I also have read, on this thread, there is no executive lounge is this still the case. As no lounge would be a huge disappointment
Old Jul 31, 2016, 6:13 am

Nah there is no lounge here...email the manager he offered us a free drink instead

Originally Posted by Yuff
I was thinking of a trip next July, but it's working out pretty expensive on points as we need 2 rooms and considering using points.
I also have read, on this thread, there is no executive lounge is this still the case. As no lounge would be a huge disappointment
Old Jul 31, 2016, 1:28 pm

Programs: BA Silver, hh Diamond, IHG spire Ambassador
Originally Posted by craigmmorq4
Nah there is no lounge here...email the manager he offered us a free drink instead
They probably won't even do that now as Hilton are reducing diamond benefits at other hotels.
That's very disappointing as the executive lounges are a big selling point for diamond members.
Old Jul 31, 2016, 3:14 pm
cjd

Originally Posted by Yuff
They probably won't even do that now as Hilton are reducing diamond benefits at other hotels.
That's very disappointing as the executive lounges are a big selling point for diamond members.
Agree that no lounge is a disappointment here. Spoke to the manager a couple of years ago and he seemed to imply that it was more of a tourist hotel than a business hotel and didn't need an Exec lounge. Having said that, it is a great hotel with very nice good size rooms, great staff and excellent service and we will definitely go back as it has lovely grounds and pools, nice restaurants with complimentary full breakfasts for Diamonds (and Golds, I think.) Agree with others, that having a hire car is major asset as there are some lovely beaches and towns to visit along the coast.
Old Aug 5, 2016, 2:34 am

Programs: SPG- Platinum, Marriott- Gold, United- Platinum, Hertz- 5 Star
Stayed at this property recently as a Hilton Diamond member. Great 5 star property with an amazing restaurant. I was quite shocked that they could not care less about Hilton Diamond guests. No upgrades, no late check out, no exceptional customer service (across the property)... they did offer a ''cocktail experience'' where you learn how to make a drink. Go here for the great property and relaxation, not the Hilton loyalty.
Old Aug 5, 2016, 7:42 am

I'm staying here in October for 2 nights..... Make sure you do a review on TripAdvisor about lack of diamond benefits as the manager will reply

Originally Posted by cwgators22
Stayed at this property recently as a Hilton Diamond member. Great 5 star property with an amazing restaurant. I was quite shocked that they could not care less about Hilton Diamond guests. No upgrades, no late check out, no exceptional customer service (across the property)... they did offer a ''cocktail experience'' where you learn how to make a drink. Go here for the great property and relaxation, not the Hilton loyalty.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.