Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Conrad Algarve {PRT}

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2014, 10:54 am

Programs: BAEC Silver; Hilton Diamond;a miscellany of other hotel non-statuses
Originally Posted by Geoggy
i have a weeks stay coming up at this hotel.

i am HH Gold but booked it via Avios in their half price sale earlier this year.

We are in a Deluxe Pool view room.

I take the the chances of an upgrade are quite low? The Hilton site has next category rooms available.

Would you wait until check in or force the issue on email with front desk now?
The staff are friendly and IME happy to reward HHonors loyalty. I'd ask upfront, although that sounds like a nice room already. I think that is what we were upgraded into from a basic room C+P award.
Old Jul 8, 2014, 11:28 am

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by EsherFlyer
The staff are friendly and IME happy to reward HHonors loyalty. I'd ask upfront, although that sounds like a nice room already. I think that is what we were upgraded into from a basic room C+P award.
Thanks for the reply. I have literally never asked for an upgrade . Is there a "phrase that pays" or something ?
Old Jul 8, 2014, 12:39 pm
cjd

Originally Posted by Silverknapper
Car Parking. If you can find a space in front then just park there. I think it's valet or nothing but you certainly don't get charged if you self park in front. In the summer though I doubt you'll find a space.
Just to add that if you can't get a parking space at the front of the hotel, there is a large underground car park beneath the hotel. No problem at all finding spaces when we were there in June and there's no charge for self parking. Also thought the hotel was great and will definitely go back. Got a nice upgrade to a deluxe room using points and complimentary full breakfast was substantial with great service.
Old Nov 18, 2014, 2:35 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold | Hilton Diamond | Hyatt Plat | UA 1K | HA Plat| Hertz President's circle
Just got back from my 2nd stay at this hotel. LOVE IT!

I cannot put into words how great the service is at this hotel! I have to say that I have been a guest at off peak times for this resort in Southern Portugal and I have already booked my 3rd stay for March.

So once again, I was impressed by this gem of a hotel in the Hilton Family, a hotel that I think is in a class of its own. It might not be some hotel on an exotic island with an underwater restaurant but this hotel has much more, and amazing staff.

I love this hotel!

Photos and full review over on my blog
Old Nov 18, 2014, 3:27 pm

Programs: HH Diamond
Originally Posted by little_dc
Looks like an advertisment. Got a nice treatment, yes?
Old Nov 18, 2014, 4:46 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by little_dc
Just got back from my 2nd stay at this hotel. LOVE IT!

[...]

I love this hotel!

Photos and full review over on my blog
Undecided whether it's mainly a hotel or blog advert...
Old Nov 18, 2014, 11:32 pm

Programs: AA Plt 3MM; UA 1K 2 MM; MR Lifetime Plat; HH Lifetime Diamond; HH Diamond; IGH Spire Ambas; SPG Gold
Wandering how the nearby Hilton Vilamoura As Cascatas Golf Resort & Spa stacks up versus the Conrad?

Booking for next June three in a room (with daughter age 12) Hilton allows one room for just 30K/night versus Conrad requires two rooms at 50K per night. Former also offered a standby upgrade to one bedroom suite with full kitchen for just $135/night.
Old Nov 19, 2014, 2:04 am

Programs: Marriott Gold | Hilton Diamond | Hyatt Plat | UA 1K | HA Plat| Hertz President's circle
Originally Posted by travelexpert
Wandering how the nearby Hilton Vilamoura As Cascatas Golf Resort & Spa stacks up versus the Conrad?

Booking for next June three in a room (with daughter age 12) Hilton allows one room for just 30K/night versus Conrad requires two rooms at 50K per night. Former also offered a standby upgrade to one bedroom suite with full kitchen for just $135/night.
Back in February I did one night at the Hilton, after 3 nights at the Conrad. There is no comparison, they are two different animals. The Hilton has a lot more for families. As a Diamond I was upgrade (from 2 bed standard room) to a 2 bedroom apartment, it was nice but was showing some ware. The Hilton also just went to a franchise model form a Hilton Managed model, not sure how this will change things. You get what you pay for, the Conrad cost more for sure, but I would pay more for the service and experience I had there.
Old Nov 19, 2014, 2:32 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Agreed, very different hotels, and the Conrad (as one would expect) offers the superior experience.

What was great about Vilamoura Hilton was an upgrade on a P&C booking to two-bedroom apartment (with little ants travelling across corridor ), especially as it included a washing machine which came handy after 10 days of road trip and no such facility. Staff was also most helpful. Common area spa facilities are among the most exciting I have seen, and larger and more varied than at the Conrad. Excellent (lively) cocktail bar. You are also closer to some (tourist) life in Vilamoura, walkable. However, pool is relatively small given the amount of people, there are signs around the hotel warning that sunbeds left unattended for more than 30mins will be cleared, and there are a lot of lobster faced patrons around the pool. It lacked certain class, style and behaviour.

On balance, I found the spa facilities and the closeness to some life more attractive at the Hilton, but would always choose the Conrad over the Hilton. Far more style, far more space, and outstanding staff (also plenty of pool space for swimming, I believe four public pools including the spa?! - never an issue to get a sunbed!).
Old Mar 17, 2015, 5:55 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
Thanks for all the reviews.

Am looking at a stay here.

Sadly the prices are now quite a bit higher - at around €380-450 per night for basic rooms.

Am Diamond, so may just book the basic room, although the bottom three grades are all within about €30 of each other. Maybe spending a bit more, might get a nicer upgrade.
Old Mar 17, 2015, 5:58 am

if you are booking when busy i would book highest type of room you can.

we went last July, I am gold and got nothing in terms of an upgrade.
Old Mar 17, 2015, 6:08 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Keeping in mind though that the "standard" rooms are of excellent quality - I was not upgraded as a Diamond but was very happy with what they call their lowest room category. I did get a high floor though facing the drive to the hotel, which meant a lot of sun (if so wished). Probably preferred that to the next category of "pool view" - less semi naked people lying in my view, and less people seeing semi-naked me on my balcony
Old Mar 17, 2015, 6:22 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
Originally Posted by Geoggy
if you are booking when busy i would book highest type of room you can.

we went last July, I am gold and got nothing in terms of an upgrade.
Thanks - seems to be the going rate for April / May - haven't looked in the summer, but can't see it being any cheaper.

Difficult to tell if it is busy or not.

So I guess the prices have just risen.
Old May 5, 2015, 2:45 am

Programs: BA Gold Guest List, Concorde Room Card, Hilton Diamond
Looking forward to my first stay here.

Not sure I'll be taking up their offer of 120 Euro for, erm, water

Which can be had for under ten quid in my local supermarket:

Old May 5, 2015, 3:15 am

Suggest on day one you head over to the supermarket over the road as they charged 5 euros for a small bottle near the pool last summer.

If you have gold you can also get in the spa anytime which has water for free

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.