Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Conrad Algarve {PRT}

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2023, 3:45 pm

Programs: Hilton, Delta, Hyatt, MGM
Originally Posted by thirdpassport
Depends on what you are planning to do while there. Would you spend a lot of time in the hotel to take advantage of the better facilities? Is one location more convenient than the other, in terms of where you would like to go, what you'd like to do, etc. For the Conrad, there's currently a 5-for-4 Impresario offer which includes 100USD (EUR85) F&B credit and double HH points, which might change the economics slightly but it's still going to be more expensive.
Thanks for the quick reply! Although I haven’t stayed at either property, both seem to have a hot tub and an indoor pool, which is great. I’ve never been to the area, but from what I can tell, they both are quite close to the beach, though the Conrad is a bit closer to Faro.

Yeah I originally booked the Conrad as 2 Impresario nights, and then a 3rd on points (65,000 a night). Furthermore, I would’ve used my $250 Aspire resort credit to eat up some of the cost for the cash nights. But the Hilton is only €330 for 3 nights, which seems like the way better deal IMO.
Old Sep 5, 2023, 3:46 pm

Programs: UAL GS & Million Miler; Delta Lifetime Gold; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Platinum; Legion Etrangere
Conrad versus Quinta do Lago?
Old Sep 6, 2023, 12:43 pm

Originally Posted by manstein58
Conrad versus Quinta do Lago?
I was comparing the Conrad versus the Hilton Villamoura. I’m not sure what Quinta do Lago is referring to, unfortunately.

Last edited by vegasbased; Sep 6, 2023 at 12:44 pm Reason: Spelling
Old Sep 6, 2023, 1:33 pm

Programs: UAL GS & Million Miler; Delta Lifetime Gold; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Platinum; Legion Etrangere
Originally Posted by vegasbased
I was comparing the Conrad versus the Hilton Villamoura. I’m not sure what Quinta do Lago is referring to, unfortunately.
quintadolago.com. Wonderful resort in Loule
vegasbased likes this.
Old Sep 6, 2023, 2:31 pm

Originally Posted by vegasbased
Is there any benefit to choosing the Conrad over the Hilton for a stay in December? It looks like it would be about €130 per night at the Hilton versus €255 at the Conrad.
ins't the Conrad head and shoulders above the Hilton in all aspects?
vegasbased likes this.
Old Sep 6, 2023, 10:44 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by tierneyalvin
+1. I'd say so as well and to me personally I would definitely spend the extra € for this Conrad as it is really quite good. Of course that is an individual decision.
thirdpassport and vegasbased like this.
Old Sep 7, 2023, 7:30 am

Originally Posted by tierneyalvin
Originally Posted by demue
+1. I'd say so as well and to me personally I would definitely spend the extra € for this Conrad as it is really quite good. Of course that is an individual decision.
I really appreciate the replies. That’s good to know, and I’ll try to stay at the Conrad then.
thirdpassport likes this.

Last edited by vegasbased; Sep 7, 2023 at 7:31 am Reason: Punctuation
Old Jan 3, 2024, 4:03 pm

Has anybody played any of the four golf courses they have access to and have a favorite?
Old Jan 31, 2024, 9:38 am

Can someone confirm that charges at the Gusto restaurant can be charged to the room? Makes a significant discount when earning 20 points per dollar spent as a Diamond member
Old Jan 31, 2024, 8:44 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
Originally Posted by drthunder
Can someone confirm that charges at the Gusto restaurant can be charged to the room? Makes a significant discount when earning 20 points per dollar spent as a Diamond member
Charged to the room fine as far as I can remember.
drthunder likes this.
Old Feb 18, 2024, 4:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
I had a one night stay here last week of January booked with a soon to expire free night award. Booked into the base room and upgraded into a large suite facing the entrance side of the hotel. Living room would have seated about 6, with an additional table and chairs and sofa on the balcony. In the room was a welcome amenity of a free bottle of Laurent Perrier champagne, which is a surprisingly expensive bottle for an elite gift, IMO One of the other Diamond amenities is a free welcome cocktail that we availed ourselves of that evening, a cucumber martini, which was delicious.

Valet parking was free, and fast, since they parked my car right outside the front door. Breakfast in Lauro was decent, though I wasn't terribly amazed with the selection of the hot items on the buffet. The cooked to order eggs were very good however. They also had sparkling wine on offer in the corner by the juices.

My request for one of the Conrad bears was quickly accommodated by asking the front desk staff. A nice one night stay, though I'm sure would be fun in the warmer months, as the pool areas look very nice.

We walked over to the Cheeky Pup for a late lunch and the food was decent, if not a bit bland (both the soup and sandwich that we ordered), though watch your card payments there as our server charged me in USD without asking on the payment terminal and when I asked about it once seeing the receipt, he had the audacity to deny it even though the receipt said exactly that.
the810 likes this.
Old Feb 21, 2024, 12:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Are they still using Shanghai Tang toiletries here?
Do suite and top Hilton Honors guests enjoy free access to the hydrotherapy circuit?
Is the free bottle of wine provided for Diamonds when dining in the restaurant?
Do all Diamonds get free afternoon tea?
Do some of the suites have kitchenettes? or are those actually residential apartments that are privately owned?
Which category of room has the worst view (that need to be avoided)?

Last edited by SkyTeam777; Feb 21, 2024 at 12:33 pm
Old Feb 21, 2024, 12:41 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors diamond
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Are they still using Shanghai Tang toiletries here?
Do suite and top Hilton Honors guests enjoy free access to the hydrotherapy circuit?
Is the free bottle of wine provided for Diamonds when dining in the restaurant?
Do all Diamonds get free afternoon tea?
Do some of the suites have kitchenettes? or are those actually residential apartments that are privately owned?
Which category of room has the worst view (that need to be avoided)?
- No, Byredo large bottles attached to wall.
- No idea what you’re talking about, if you mean spa access then yes.
​​​​​​- Yes when eating at Louro
- Yes or a cocktail experience
​​​​​​- No
- Depends what you call a bad view.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.