FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Conrad Algarve {PRT}
View Single Post
Old Feb 18, 2024, 4:05 am
krazykanuck
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
I had a one night stay here last week of January booked with a soon to expire free night award. Booked into the base room and upgraded into a large suite facing the entrance side of the hotel. Living room would have seated about 6, with an additional table and chairs and sofa on the balcony. In the room was a welcome amenity of a free bottle of Laurent Perrier champagne, which is a surprisingly expensive bottle for an elite gift, IMO One of the other Diamond amenities is a free welcome cocktail that we availed ourselves of that evening, a cucumber martini, which was delicious.

Valet parking was free, and fast, since they parked my car right outside the front door. Breakfast in Lauro was decent, though I wasn't terribly amazed with the selection of the hot items on the buffet. The cooked to order eggs were very good however. They also had sparkling wine on offer in the corner by the juices.

My request for one of the Conrad bears was quickly accommodated by asking the front desk staff. A nice one night stay, though I'm sure would be fun in the warmer months, as the pool areas look very nice.

We walked over to the Cheeky Pup for a late lunch and the food was decent, if not a bit bland (both the soup and sandwich that we ordered), though watch your card payments there as our server charged me in USD without asking on the payment terminal and when I asked about it once seeing the receipt, he had the audacity to deny it even though the receipt said exactly that.