Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Late Check Out" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Late Check Out" thread

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2002, 2:51 pm

Programs: AA PLT, SPG GLD, PC PLT SPIRE
I generally have been successful in obtaining late check-out when I have asked politely. Usually at least an extra hour or so, sometimes they ask "how late do you want?".

I have noticed on occasion (I think usually at the resorts) signs in the room that late check-out incurs an hourly charge up to an additional full day charge after 4:00 p.m. I have never tested/disputed these charges based on my Gold status.

I would agree that Starwood is way ahead of Hilton on this one. I have had some Starwood hotels offer evening late check-out!

[This message has been edited by onedog (edited 06-28-2002).]
Old Jul 12, 2002, 10:22 am
Suspended

Late checkout experience at Heathrow or Paddington

Hi gang - I am Diamond HH and was wondering if anyone has had any luck with getting a complimentary late check-out at either Heathrow Hilton or at Paddington Hilton -
I would need 4:00 p.m - 6:00 p.m. - THANKS - kazman
Old Sep 6, 2004, 1:45 pm

What's your success rate with late checkout

Has anyone ever been able to get a late checkout later than 1pm? Every time I need a late checkout, that's about the latest I've been able to get. Once I got a 1:30 check out (woo-hoo), but that's it. I find that most hotels seem to hate to give a late checkout. When I can get a whole extra hour, they seem to do so very begrudgingly. It would be nice if they gave you until 6pm like many Hyatts (not all, I know), or even 4pm like SPG. What are your experiences with late checkout? Are there any hotels that you've gotten a checkout later than 1pm, without an attitude? If so, please name the hotel(s) so we can give credit where credit is due.
Old Sep 6, 2004, 2:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

About 25% success with 100PM and 10% success with 200PM requests. One nice thing if they have an executive level lounge, I have been 100% able to use it as long as I wished on my check-out day and that is perfectly OK with me (HH Diamond). Almost as good as a late room check-out.

MisterNice
Old Sep 6, 2004, 2:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I was able to get a 2 pm checkout for my recent stay at the Hampton Inn in Logan, Utah. I requested it when I checked in, and the desk clerk checked her computer and said that ordinarily they only gave late checkouts until 1 p.m. but that I could have the 2 p.m checkout because "no one else has requested one" as if to say, at least at that property, that only one customer per day is allowed a 2 p.m. checkout. FWIW, I am an Hhonors Silver.
Old Sep 6, 2004, 3:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

I have had luck with a 3pm check out once at the Hilton WDW.( last year- HH Diamond)

Recently 1pm at Hilton Niagara Falls ( no charge- regular check out 11am)

The following night only 12 noon check out at Doubletree NF ( reg check out 11am) otherwise automatic 50% of day room rate applied ie $155CDN!!

1pm has genrally not been a problem, only a few times have I needed 2pm and always been given it.

Only twice in 4 years of HH benefits have I been rejected past 12 noon.

Regards

TBS
Old Sep 6, 2004, 3:50 pm

At HHV last spring we had 2 connecting rooms on 2 ALON's. We had a 6 p.m. flight home and asked about late checkout and/or use of changing facililties. Was pleasantly surprised when they offered to let us keep both rooms until 6 p.m. At Palmer House Hilton last month was allowed to stay in room until 1 p.m. and use the executive lounge the remainder of the day. (HH Gold)
Old Sep 6, 2004, 4:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I would say about 99%, I generally ask for 4PM even if I am not sure that I need it and it is generally gladly offered.
Old Sep 6, 2004, 5:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta Platinum, HHonors Diamond, PC Platinum
I try not to ask

I would say I am about 50% but I try not to ask anymore. Some days are worse than others depending on the hotel, weekend late checkouts are hard to get at resorts, while weekday late checkouts seem harder to get in city center hotels.

I have learned that something often goes wrong too, like housekeeping is not notified and they keep knocking, or like at the Toronto Hilton a couple weeks ago when the key expired when we had plans tah we almost missed.

HHV denied late checkout, but gave use of shower room. Worked out ok

Last edited by OB one; Sep 7, 2004 at 2:33 pm
Old Sep 6, 2004, 6:00 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
It varies a lot. Latest I managed was 6pm but others been refused 1pm.
Old Sep 6, 2004, 7:11 pm

Programs: TK/QR Gold, Marriott/Accor Plat, IC Dia Amb, Avis/Hertz PC
Everytime I've asked....

Conrad HK 4pm
Hilton SIN 6pm (4pm a few times)
Millenium Hilton 1pm (but they let me checkout in the morning and come back at 5pm to shower in their fitness center) ^
Old Sep 6, 2004, 7:16 pm

Programs: AA LT Gold; BA Silver; Hilton Diamond
We usually don't have any need for it but got a 3 PM checkout from the Cardiff Hilton in Wales last April thanks to Wendy, the nice lady in the Executive Lounge.
Old Sep 6, 2004, 9:18 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA EXP (1.5MM), Hilton/SPG/Marriott Gold
Offord 6pm at Embasy In SJC Thurs. Just asked about checking out to catch A standby, and what if I needed to come back. They said, no big deal, and If I was out by 6pm no charge for the night.
Old Sep 6, 2004, 11:55 pm

I wonder if there is a difference in asking for a specific time to check out vs saying what is the latest I can check out, latest I've gotten was 2 pm somewhat begrudgingly. I've tried both and I'm around 50% 1 pm, 50% 2 pm. Getting the room till 6 pm would be great.
Old Sep 7, 2004, 1:51 am

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott Plat, SPG Gold
I've never been denied. Only problem I've encountered (and it's the same problem I seem to have when I call and extend my stay) is that they never remember to reprogram the keys, and I end up having to go get my key reprogramed. Ahhh the joys of technology.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.