Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Late Check Out" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Late Check Out" thread

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2002, 1:49 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by auh2o:
As I posted on the same thread in Starwood, I don't ask. I just keep the "Do not disturb sign up" and check out at 4:00PM. I have never been asked to pay for another day.</font>

I would strongly advise against this strategy at Hiltons!

With Starwood, it's an official published benefit for elites to have a 4 pm checkout time (even with that, I always let the front desk know, so they can plan accordingly). No such guaranteed benefit at Hiltons. Typically, I have no problem getting an hour or so of extension, but that's usually as far as it goes.

[This message has been edited by Eugene (edited 06-27-2002).]
Old Jun 27, 2002, 2:28 pm
Suspended

During our visit to Chicago for the May/JuneFT DO, I requested a late checkout for the Chicago Hilton and Towers and was granted 2 hours.
Two days later requested a 400pm check out at the Drake which was granted no problem.
I find I have been succesful about 90% of the time.

Mike
Old Jun 27, 2002, 2:52 pm

Programs: Nowt
I am 100% for late check outs. Boston downtown wouldn't let me stay until 4pm, but said 3pm would be no problem. In Chicago I was offered without even asking. Again, must vary by property.
Old Jun 27, 2002, 2:53 pm

They definitely changed the wording on this benefit, as it used to be listed as late checkout until 4PM for Gold/Diamond VIP level. I am usually successful in at least getting a 1PM checkout when requested.
Old Jun 27, 2002, 2:59 pm

Programs: No status anywhere :(
Last Friday at the San Diego Resort, I asked for 2:00 p.m. Was told by the front desk they could only do 1:00 p.m.

I replied "I thought one of the benefits of being an HH Gold was that I got a late check out."

The dude capitulated and said he could do 2:00 p.m. after all. So sometimes it just takes a little persistence. I've also escalated to the General Manager before if I felt the folks at the Front Desk were being too rigid.

------------------
Jon Wright
mailto:[email protected][email protected]</A>
Old Jun 27, 2002, 3:07 pm
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
I got a 4 PM checkout at the Hampton in Ottawa a month ago. Unfortunately they charged my credit card for 2 nights instead of 1. Was resolved very quickly once I phoned about it though. They had 4 PM late checkout clearly marked on my file that they pulled up 3 weeks later.
Old Jun 27, 2002, 5:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WorldPerks Demoted again to SE, DL 3.1MM Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
Never have problem.
Old Jun 27, 2002, 6:12 pm

Palmer House Hilton in ORD defaults to 4PM for HH Diamond ... except the first time I did this they checked me out and moved my luggage at noon!

But supposedly it is to be 4PM

SimonC
Old Jun 27, 2002, 8:29 pm

At one of my favorite Hiltons, MAF (not that nice, just great people I requested a late checkout of 3:30 - 4:00, as I had my family with me. The front desk clerk said "are you sure that is late enough? lets make it 5:00."

Man, I miss Joyce!
Old Jun 27, 2002, 9:35 pm

Programs: SQ TPP, LH SEN
I got a late check-out till 6pm from the Kuching Hilton once, no extra charge. They were only willing to give me up to 3pm initially, but relented. I had a flight at 9-ish, and 6pm was good for check-out, dinner, then airport.

Old Jun 27, 2002, 9:50 pm

Over the years I've probably asked only 3-4 times, never later than to 3pm, and never been refused.
Old Jun 28, 2002, 1:08 am

Location: KEWR / SPG Plat, HH Diamond, DL Plat, ZE 5*, AA Plat, UA Nobody
I do the old DND sign on the door and leave when I want - if I ever get any problems on check out, I just say - but the lady earlier today, last night, when I checked in, etc.... said it was ok. Works like a charm. I did ask a long time ago but it was just too much of a pain over and over again fighting for an hour or so.
Old Jun 28, 2002, 3:46 am

Originally posted by auh2o:
As I posted on the same thread in Starwood, I don't ask. I just keep the "Do not disturb sign up" and check out at 4:00PM. I have never been asked to pay for another day.

I have at times came late at a Hilton and found the door would not open with the electronic key.
Old Jun 28, 2002, 8:25 am

Two years in a row Hampton Inn Boise basically declined by late check out request. Front desk said they would give me an hour beyond the check out. Considering my flight time that wasn't worth it. For that matter I don't get upgrades. I'm not the squeaky wheel type either.
Old Jun 28, 2002, 10:04 am

Programs: AA PLT, SPG Gold, Hyatt Platinum, HHonors, Marriott Silver
This is one item Hilton is far behind Starwood on. Usually get the "1 hour" when I ask at a Hilton, even when I mention Gold VIP. After some badgering, most relent for an extra 2 or 3 hours, but 4 PM is rare!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.